Betsy vs Haywood 4A title game

Kruger77

8 minutes ago, EHSTrack06 said:

This is going to be a nail biter or a blowout. I dont think it will be mediocre by any means and Haywood could pull an upset if everything aligns. However I think the experience factor will prove to be too much. 

Funny thing is this is our senior class second championship game and our juniors 2nd as well. That experience trickled into helping us overcome Lexington bc they hadn’t been there in a decade. They know the feel of the big game is

53 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Funny thing is this is our senior class second championship game and our juniors 2nd as well. That experience trickled into helping us overcome Lexington bc they hadn’t been there in a decade. They know the feel of the big game is

Did those Juniors and seniors get playing time in that 2018 Championship game?  It definitely helps being there and being part of the process but actually playing in the game in front of that many fans is a big difference.  Betsy starts have played in that game last year and have that on field experience in Cookeville so I don't think they will have the deer in head lights look

3 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Did those Juniors and seniors get playing time in that 2018 Championship game?  It definitely helps being there and being part of the process but actually playing in the game in front of that many fans is a big difference.  Betsy starts have played in that game last year and have that on field experience in Cookeville so I don't think they will have the deer in head lights look

Yes those seniors n juniors played in 2018. It was hard to notice them when our offense was surrounded by 2 players.

Just now, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Yes those seniors n juniors played in 2018. It was hard to notice them when our offense was surrounded by 2 players.

Good to hear!  Looks like both teams shouldn't have the deer in head lights look then.  I know Hines and Reed got the spot light but Haywood was well coaches in that game under Hoofkin. (I really liked him as your head coach)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Good to hear!  Looks like both teams shouldn't have the deer in head lights look then.  I know Hines and Reed got the spot light but Haywood was well coaches in that game under Hoofkin. (I really liked him as your head coach)

Hookfin def brought the grit n attitude back to Haywood. Only difference smith has done is utilize his athletes more

8 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Hookfin def brought the grit n attitude back to Haywood. Only difference smith has done is utilize his athletes more

He gets credit for turning things around for sure. But that class graduated 30 seniors. Most of the seniors from last year and this year were not contributors or utilized. Many of them did not even play football. Markeston Douglas, Mays and many more. Not arguing, just what I have seen in my short time. Didn't see that team play but hear they were loaded with talent too.

3 minutes ago, reddyrebel6 said:

He gets credit for turning things around for sure. But that class graduated 30 seniors. Most of the seniors from last year and this year were not contributors or utilized. Many of them did not even play football. Markeston Douglas, Mays and many more. Not arguing, just what I have seen in my short time. Didn't see that team play but hear they were loaded with talent too.

This kid played special teams. Douglas and Mays didn’t play true enough 

Elizabethton has just to many weapons. If you double team Hughes, Roberts will burn you, Braden Holly is a big target and gets to spots to move the chains. 2 sophomore running backs can brake loose at any time and when they put Hughes in the Backfield...oh my...the coaches then simply call that play where Parker scores.  2 Mr. Football finalist on one team? When has that happened.  Elizabethton has the most calm and collective QB as you have ever seen. Bryson being just a junior should have won Mr. Football last year. Our O line are very large humans. Smart and fast and can open a whole. None of them play defense so they are always fresh. Don't even think of putting it in the air...unless you want to use a long pass like a punt because it will be picked. The backers are quick and smart 20, 28 and 33 and after a couple of pops the running backs start hesitating hitting those holes. The Cyclones are going to line up and Drive down the field dareing you to stop them. Which not to many have done in the past 29 games...Good luck cats and safe travels..see ya Saturday.

17 minutes ago, CyclonePrider said:

Elizabethton has just to many weapons. If you double team Hughes, Roberts will burn you, Braden Holly is a big target and gets to spots to move the chains. 2 sophomore running backs can brake loose at any time and when they put Hughes in the Backfield...oh my...the coaches then simply call that play where Parker scores.  2 Mr. Football finalist on one team? When has that happened.  Elizabethton has the most calm and collective QB as you have ever seen. Bryson being just a junior should have won Mr. Football last year. Our O line are very large humans. Smart and fast and can open a whole. None of them play defense so they are always fresh. Don't even think of putting it in the air...unless you want to use a long pass like a punt because it will be picked. The backers are quick and smart 20, 28 and 33 and after a couple of pops the running backs start hesitating hitting those holes. The Cyclones are going to line up and Drive down the field dareing you to stop them. Which not to many have done in the past 29 games...Good luck cats and safe travels..see ya Saturday.

2011 Greeneville had 2 Mr Football finalist with Rollins and Hall. Rollins won it (Was Knoxville's Defensive player of the year too for all classifications) and is now coaching at Knox Central under former Greene Devil Nick Craney.

Great breakdown though and definitely pulling for the Cyclones to bring another one back to NE TN.

• Like 1