Betsy vs Haywood 4A title game

Kruger77

28 minutes ago, CyclonePrider said:

Elizabethton has just to many weapons. If you double team Hughes, Roberts will burn you, Braden Holly is a big target and gets to spots to move the chains. 2 sophomore running backs can brake loose at any time and when they put Hughes in the Backfield...oh my...the coaches then simply call that play where Parker scores.  2 Mr. Football finalist on one team? When has that happened.  Elizabethton has the most calm and collective QB as you have ever seen. Bryson being just a junior should have won Mr. Football last year. Our O line are very large humans. Smart and fast and can open a whole. None of them play defense so they are always fresh. Don't even think of putting it in the air...unless you want to use a long pass like a punt because it will be picked. The backers are quick and smart 20, 28 and 33 and after a couple of pops the running backs start hesitating hitting those holes. The Cyclones are going to line up and Drive down the field dareing you to stop them. Which not to many have done in the past 29 games...Good luck cats and safe travels..see ya Saturday.

We have just as many weapons. Y’all are huge.. so are we. We always are lol i trust our coaches to come up with a great game plan, can’t wait. Greeneville took us lightly as well, and we came out with haymakers. We ultimately lost the game, but it’s gonna be a tougher fight then you think. It’s easy to talk up your team when you don’t know anything about the other 

13 minutes ago, Swipes said:

2011 Greeneville had 2 Mr Football finalist with Rollins and Hall. Rollins won it (Was Knoxville's Defensive player of the year too for all classifications) and is now coaching at Knox Central under former Greene Devil Nick Craney.

Great breakdown though and definitely pulling for the Cyclones to bring another one back to NE TN.

Bryson and Parker are both deserving of the honor but after the last couple of weeks I have to say Parker has made a statement about who Mr.football should be.

52 minutes ago, lawnman said:

Bryson and Parker are both deserving of the honor but after the last couple of weeks I have to say Parker has made a statement about who Mr.football should be.

That Parker kid is freakish. Been paying attention to him all season. One of the most explosive playmakers I’ve seen in the state... don’t know if he’s already signed but somebody is gonna get a heck of a player in him 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stacmot82 said:

That Parker kid is freakish. Been paying attention to him all season. One of the most explosive playmakers I’ve seen in the state... don’t know if he’s already signed but somebody is gonna get a heck of a player in him 

Reminds me a lot of Cameron hyte from greeneville 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, stacmot82 said:

We are definitely glad we have him and he is a stud for sure.When Bryson hurt his hamstring coach Witten put him at RB and it’s made our offense a little harder to stop.Haywood has big boys on there team too and some good looking athletes as well.

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

2011 Greeneville had 2 Mr Football finalist with Rollins and Hall. Rollins won it (Was Knoxville's Defensive player of the year too for all classifications) and is now coaching at Knox Central under former Greene Devil Nick Craney.

Great breakdown though and definitely pulling for the Cyclones to bring another one back to NE TN.

South Pitt has two this year in 1A. Alcoa has done it several times when they had separate awards for lineman and backs. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lawnman said:

We are definitely glad we have him and he is a stud for sure.When Bryson hurt his hamstring coach Witten put him at RB and it’s made our offense a little harder to stop.Haywood has big boys on there team too and some good looking athletes as well.

Yeah I think Haywood definitely has playmakers.  If they can keep it a clean game and not make mistakes this will be a good game.  Elizabethton is a very disciplined team,  but we gotta keep it clean too.  I just can’t talk myself into this being a run away game.  

1 minute ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Yeah I think Haywood definitely has playmakers.  If they can keep it a clean game and not make mistakes this will be a good game.  Elizabethton is a very disciplined team,  but we gotta keep it clean too.  I just can’t talk myself into this being a run away game.  

I’m with you on that because Cookeville is nothing new to Haywood.

31 minutes ago, lawnman said:

He seems to have thrived in that position as well. Crazy that he makes such amazing cuts and reads out of the backfield with that not being his first position