Betsy vs Haywood 4A title game

Kruger77

10 hours ago, jjm70 said:

We have the best talent in the whole state.including coaches don’t care what Greeneville says

Enjoy the Back to Back State Championships jjim70 and soak it in. (I was pulling for you all after round 3)  

We will see next year who is the most talented and better coached team.  Don't forget that Greeneville Returns 9 starters on O and 10 starters on D from a team that was 2 min away from beating Betsy at Betsy in round three.  

12 hours ago, lawnman said:

Right now I am going to enjoy this championship and worry about next year when it gets here.Back to back and 30 games in a row is pretty sweet and I am going to soak it all up for quite a while.Go Betsy!!

I 100% agree that this is what every Elizabethton fan should do right now.You guys have earned it and nomatter what next year or the next fifty years hold, Elizabethton is the current  back to back state champions !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Swipes said:

Enjoy the Back to Back State Championships jjim70 and soak it in. (I was pulling for you all after round 3)  

We will see next year who is the most talented and better coached team.  Don't forget that Greeneville Returns 9 starters on O and 10 starters on D from a team that was 2 min away from beating Betsy at Betsy in round three.  

I for one do not agree with jjm70 statement. That’s a VERY broad brush you’re painting this picture with. Is EHS having success and win ball games? Yes. Are they world beaters and can win in every division? No. So before anyone’s says anything, yes I am Betsy faithful. Hold seasons tickets and have for years so not a “Johnny come lately” bandwagon fan.  Greeneville is slightly down but not out. Not by a long shot. They will be much better and more seasoned come year. Three-peat is hard to do period. 4A will be much different next year with the new alignments.  So yea, enjoy your wins Beaty cause you worked and earned it. But make no mistake, it was teams like Greeneville, Alcoa, etc. that made them work to get better to even be winning two state championships.  Good luck going forward to all these young student athletes. 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2020 at 8:55 PM, BigDaddyDave said:

Now...as for Haywood....you know what I didn’t see in those kids? Quit. They NEVER gave up. You know what i did see? Great sportsmanship. It was so awesome to see, both teams really, helping each other up, acknowledging good plays, and just having a mutual respect for each other. Coach Chris is doing a great job with these young men. And after the horrific situations with Covid they have been through, it hurt me to see them hurting. Please let them know, Cyclone Nation will be praying for them and their families and they have our respect and brotherly love. It’s always a pleasure playing against great kids, from great communities, because of great coaches and families. Respect.......

That is the BIGGEST compliment that our guys could give!! It would have be so easy to give up after going down 21-0 but they kept fighting.  It was a tremendous opportunity for our community to be there this year after all that we have had to endure.  One of the kids #44 that came out to pick up the trophy, lost his mother to Covid this year.  One game, he and his brother who is one of our coaches, had to leave in the middle of the game because their mom was slipping away.  That is just one of many stories of what our kids have endured this year!  Hats off to Elizabethton, they gave it to us on the field but showed tremendous sportsmanship throughout and after the game! That's what it's all about to me.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I 100% agree that this is what every Elizabethton fan should do right now.You guys have earned it and nomatter what next year or the next fifty years hold, Elizabethton is the current  back to back state champions !

Batman believe me I am on cloud nine and don’t plan on coming down for a while.This year has been tough I’ve had family effected by covid and this is a bright spot in a year that has been tough.This Cyclones team and community has given me something to be proud of and I will never forget it in my lifetime.I love this town and community and bleed orange and black.

Edited by lawnman

2 hours ago, gr8tplay said:

I for one do not agree with jjm70 statement. That’s a VERY broad brush you’re painting this picture with. Is EHS having success and win ball games? Yes. Are they world beaters and can win in every division? No. So before anyone’s says anything, yes I am Betsy faithful. Hold seasons tickets and have for years so not a “Johnny come lately” bandwagon fan.  Greeneville is slightly down but not out. Not by a long shot. They will be much better and more seasoned come year. Three-peat is hard to do period. 4A will be much different next year with the new alignments.  So yea, enjoy your wins Beaty cause you worked and earned it. But make no mistake, it was teams like Greeneville, Alcoa, etc. that made them work to get better to even be winning two state championships.  Good luck going forward to all these young student athletes. 

This^^^^^

7 minutes ago, tomcatfan said:

That is the BIGGEST compliment that our guys could give!! It would have be so easy to give up after going down 21-0 but they kept fighting.  It was a tremendous opportunity for our community to be there this year after all that we have had to endure.  One of the kids #44 that came out to pick up the trophy, lost his mother to Covid this year.  One game, he and his brother who is one of our coaches, had to leave in the middle of the game because their mom was slipping away.  That is just one of many stories of what our kids have endured this year!  Hats off to Elizabethton, they gave it to us on the field but showed tremendous sportsmanship throughout and after the game! That's what it's all about to me.

Very impressive team you have and Shawn talked today about what Haywood had been through this year and tomcatfan I wish the players and coaches and fans the best and hope you have a great Christmas in a year that has been awful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lawnman said:

Very impressive team you have and Shawn talked today about what Haywood had been through this year and tomcatfan I wish the players and coaches and fans the best and hope you have a great Christmas in a year that has been awful.

Thanks a lot lawnman that means more than you know!  Tough year for everyone and really tough one in this community.  Thanks for the well wishes, I wish you and your family the same!!

10 hours ago, Swipes said:

Our Jr QB will be back along with half his OL and both Sophomore RB. Rollins beat Greeneville with half his ham string  tied behind his back.