Betsy vs Haywood 4A title game

Kruger77

2 minutes ago, stacmot82 said:

Elizabethton will be the best team Haywood has faced this season, period. I’ve been extremely impressed by the film I’ve seen of them all year, especially on the offensive side of the ball— Haywood can’t keep giving up dumb penalty yards in 3rd down scenarios or this one is over at halftime. That being said... I don’t think Haywood has even played 80% of the game we are capable of playing yet this year... if we eliminate simple mistakes, play the complete game we’re capable of and get a few lucky dice rolls... this one could be a barn burner. 

I agree.  I don't think that Haywood has played up to it's potential yet. 

The Tomcats cannot continue to commit senseless penalties and expect to win this game.  Betsy will be the more disciplined team, and the Cyclones will capitalize on every mistake the Tomcats make.

Haywood has definitely got to get it all together this week.  Go Tomcats!

I agree with what has already been said. Haywood will have to play their best game of the year to be able to win. Elizabethton is outstanding and if Haywood plays anywhere close to what they did against Lexington, Betsy could have a running clock in the second half. This is no knock on Haywood, just the Cyclones are that good. Haywood has a chance, but they have to play lights out and cause Elizabethton to make mistakes. 

Rollins the QB and Hughes the RB will more than likely be the two best at their respective positions that Haywood has seen as well. Rollins will be Mr Football in 4A, IMO. 

35 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

I agree with what has already been said. Haywood will have to play their best game of the year to be able to win. Elizabethton is outstanding and if Haywood plays anywhere close to what they did against Lexington, Betsy could have a running clock in the second half. This is no knock on Haywood, just the Cyclones are that good. Haywood has a chance, but they have to play lights out and cause Elizabethton to make mistakes. 

Rollins the QB and Hughes the RB will more than likely be the two best at their respective positions that Haywood has seen as well. Rollins will be Mr Football in 4A, IMO. 

I agree with your assessment JacketLover but Hughes isn't their main RB.  Yes they have used him some there in the play offs but he is their deep threat and also a great safety.  Reminds me a lot of Cameron Hite who is a TE at Wake Forest now.  Hughes has the same frame and plays the same positions that Hits did 2 years ago at Greeneville.

Haywood has to contain Rollins and Hughes like Greeneville did to have a shot.

11 minutes ago, rfbatboy said:

Haywood will no doubt get creamed.  They are nothing special like all these folks are saying. Terrible passing game and their discipline level on the field is poor. 

All the talk of our offense and it’s been our defense winning these games in the playoffs. We know we are underdogs but this is why you play the game 

8 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

All the talk of our offense and it’s been our defense winning these games in the playoffs. We know we are underdogs but this is why you play the game 

11 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Comedy lol 

Comedy? Let last nights opposing QB stay in the game and see how much laughing you do. Let him stay in at Safety and see if you win the hot potato match in the end zone. As far as your defense a passing team will roast you in the flats all day. If Lexington can hang a 65 yd TD pass on your back twice that don't say a lot for your defense. A wins a wins no matter Injury status, but as I said if the Lexington QB stayed in the game they wrapped it up early. 

4 minutes ago, rfbatboy said:

Comedy? Let last nights opposing QB stay in the game and see how much laughing you do. Let him stay in at Safety and see if you win the hot potato match in the end zone. As far as your defense a passing team will roast you in the flats all day. If Lexington can hang a 65 yd TD pass on your back twice that don't say a lot for your defense. A wins a wins no matter Injury status, but as I said if the Lexington QB stayed in the game they wrapped it up early. 

Woulda coulda shoulda didn’t happen. I hate the kid got hurt, think he broke his ankle but be real besides that TD pass, he did absolutely nothing. Lexington started riding #11 we made him cough it up when we needed. Everybody said we’d get pushed around and you saw what happened. We did the same thing Hardin county did, sold out on the run with no safety. I’ll take the dub, one man doesn’t win a game a team does

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

I agree with your assessment JacketLover but Hughes isn't their main RB.  Yes they have used him some there in the play offs but he is their deep threat and also a great safety.  Reminds me a lot of Cameron Hite who is a TE at Wake Forest now.  Hughes has the same frame and plays the same positions that Hits did 2 years ago at Greeneville.

Haywood has to contain Rollins and Hughes like Greeneville did to have a shot.

Thanks for the info. I just know Hughes is good wherever he plays, as is Rollins. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Woulda coulda shoulda didn’t happen. I hate the kid got hurt, think he broke his ankle but be real besides that TD pass, he did absolutely nothing. Lexington started riding #11 we made him cough it up when we needed. Everybody said we’d get pushed around and you saw what happened. We did the same thing Hardin county did, sold out on the run with no safety. I’ll take the dub, one man doesn’t win a game a team does

I don't know what game you was watching,  As I recall the only cough up I seen belonged to Haywood. Yep your line is so smart you jumped offsides 5 times on 4th and short. That finest at it best isn't it? second Half you was getting pushed around until the injury ole boy. you wanna be real man up to what really happened. The kid got injured Lexington couldn't recover and you won the game win your legs shaking in the fourth. Your team is so good they even rushed and smoked a punter on 4th and 18 to give Lexingtons young QB another shot at life. As I said a wins a win for you.