Betsy vs Haywood 4A title game

Kruger77

1 hour ago, CyclonePrider said:

Elizabethton had 8 OL rotate in throughout the year. They had games where OL starters were quarantined and didn't play. 30 games in 2 years 5 extra weeks of practice. The OL will just reload. 4 year starter will return that kept the big D1 DT from making a stop when he was a freshman. Rollins will be well protected...

Take the Orange Colored Glasses off for a min.  The time you had 3 STARTING lineman out you beat Boone on a last second FG (Who gave you the 2nd best game last year).  You in fact lose 3 STARTER'S on the Oline who have started for Betsy for atleast 2 years 4 if you include the TE.  You can't honestly believe that next years O Line will be as good as the one with Morganstern, Erwin, and Garland.  (That would be like me saying Greeneville's line in 2019 was as good as the 2018 that lost 4 starters and only returned the D1 O line Commit in Everhart to Marshall when the 4 new starters in 2019 got a ton of playing time the 2nd half of almost every game).   Bowers, Gillam, and Draine will have to fill big shoes for Betsy next year.  Betsy returns 7 starters on D but lose Hughes and Morton (The 2 most disruptive players on your D).

I'm curious to know who this D1 DT you are talking about? 

Edited by Swipes

51 minutes ago, Tab said:

The Boone game 3 OL were out and it was a struggle.

Not to take anything away from Elizabethton, but yeah this was a big deal.    If you had 3 OL out and struggled to beat DB or Alcoa then yeah we all get that.    But you drop 3 guys and nearly choke against a very mediocre 5-5 Boone team???     I think the evidence would suggest having that O line intact made a huge difference.     Now that is not to say that the coaches can't get some more guys up and ready to step in next year, we'll just have to wait and see when it gets here.

• Like 1

I think next year Will be fun. Way to early to say one team has a advantage over the other. There is position's I like better on Greeneville and spots that I would give the edge to the Cyclones. A lot of work to do for both team's between now and then. And to many variables. Like transfers, injuries things like that. But I do believe right now on paper it is extremely close. And should be a great game. From what I am hearing South Doyle will be pretty good in region 2

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Greendevil87 said:

I think next year Will be fun. Way to early to say one team has a advantage over the other. There is position's I like better on Greeneville and spots that I would give the edge to the Cyclones. A lot of work to do for both team's between now and then. And to many variables. Like transfers, injuries things like that. But I do believe right now on paper it is extremely close. And should be a great game. From what I am hearing South Doyle will be pretty good in region 2

The landscape has changed that’s for sure. The west will be better with tullahoma moving and the 3As moving up. But, I have to believe 4A goes through Region 1 again. But who? I’m already excited and nervous.

• Like 1