Betsy vs Haywood 4A title game

Kruger77

2 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Didn’t say it would be easy.  Was just responding to the comment on use of athletes now vs Greeneville.  I do think that Greeneville team was one of,  if not the best team in school history.  

Make no mistake,  you’re living in 2020.

That’s 2018 team was prolly the best I’ve seen physically in person play in Tennessee. Would have loved to see that 2018 squad go against Oakland that year

1 minute ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Gimme a quick run down on betsy’s Defense all i ever hear ppl talk about is the offense 

Not the biggest dline but quick and physical.  Stout linebacker in deuce Morton.  Secondary has playmakers all over.  One thing I’ve noticed over the year is you don’t see us cramming the box to stop the run so the secondary can play their position and they do it well.

1 hour ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

All your athletes and you didn’t score 21 on Lexington so I’d say getting 21 on that Gville team was an accomplishment.

that Gville team would mercy rule Lexington.

Don’t really understand the snide response here.. we have a new coach and run a much more balanced offense now. It’s just the truth 

11 hours ago, stacmot82 said:

Don’t really understand the snide response here.. we have a new coach and run a much more balanced offense now. It’s just the truth 

How is that a snide response?  The Betsy fan was asking how this Haywood team stacked up against the Haywood team that made it to state against Greeneville? I can bet this Betsy fan hasn’t seen Haywood play in person ever in there life or maybe once if he went to state to watch them play Greeneville.  The Betsy poster has seen Greeneville play  probably every year since the two teams have played since the 1920’s.  

A much more balanced offense is great but was the Haywood team that played against Greeneville more explosive? more athletic?  Putting up 21 points against a team like Greeneville had in 2018 with 8 D1 signees on that team and not putting up 21 points against Lexington is two different things.  The Betsy poster is trying to compare a team he has saw in person (Greeneville 2018) and His team Betsy this year to see how they should stack up against Haywood a team he hasn’t seen.  

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Swipes said:

How is that a snide response?  The Betsy fan was asking how this Haywood team stacked up against the Haywood team that made it to state against Greeneville? I can bet this Betsy fan hasn’t seen Haywood play in person ever in there life or maybe once if he went to state to watch them play Greeneville.  The Betsy poster has seen Greeneville play  probably every year since the two teams have played since the 1920’s.  

A much more balanced offense is great but was the Haywood team that played against Greeneville more explosive? more athletic?  Putting up 21 points against a team like Greeneville had in 2018 with 8 D1 signees on that team and not putting up 21 points against Lexington is two different things.  The Betsy poster is trying to compare a team he has saw in person (Greeneville 2018) and His team Betsy this year to see how they should stack up against Haywood a team he hasn’t seen.  

IMO this team is more explosive. The 18 team everybody knew if you bottled up reed, and Hines you can stop us. This team we have this year, the wealth is spreaded around. More diverse on offense, if you key one one or two players, the others emerge n vice versa for others 

I’m not expecting this to be a mercy game. If Betsy gets a comfortable lead they will sit on it like they did last year against Springfield. Witten’s philosophy is that no one will remember the score, they will only remember if you won or lost. Betsy could’ve kept scoring last year. But the second half was about ball control. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

IMO this team is more explosive. The 18 team everybody knew if you bottled up reed, and Hines you can stop us. This team we have this year, the wealth is spreaded around. More diverse on offense, if you key one one or two players, the others emerge n vice versa for others 

I can definitely agree with you about bottling up Reed and Hines and could stop that team. Haywood gave Greeneville fits on their first two drive until we went into our Bear Front of 5 D Lineman to combat the FB in the back field. (Pretty sure he was your DE too).  I'm not trying to take anything away from Hines because he was a great athlete but if he  was a better passer that Haywood team would have been even better and kept teams from Keying in the run. (Most teams couldn't do Greeneville just had the beef and athletes to do it).

Betsy on D have great Line play so it usually lets their athletes fly to the ball.  Deuce Morton is a beast in the Middle with a great football IQ (Doesn't hurt he is a 2 times state champ in Wrestling either) and Hard Hitting Parker Hughes leading the secondary from his Safety Spot.  Betsy is built a lot like the Greeneville 2018 team just not as big on the outside at the WR position or as big at the RB positions.

Edited by Swipes
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1