Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

In my opinion they have a coaching advantage and I would say that no matter who they were playing in 2A. Name me one other team in 2A that has 4 guys with head coaching experience on staff?  Three of them have been head coaches in semi and championship games and one is a tssaa hall of famer.  I think in a game between two teams with similar talent this will make a difference. 

Good point 

9 hours ago, PHSRollTide said:

Where did you find the south Pittsburg/Meigs game?

It's on YouTube. We got mashed up front. Horrible game by us. I am picking Peabody to win this game by 14. I base that off our game with Meigs. Meigs line whooped ours that night. I think Peabody can hold their own up front. We drove down the field a few times and stalled out...I think Peabody can finish the deal. Also, turnovers and being out of game shape from not playing for three weeks  plagued us from the beginning. Meigs will be in position and will be well coached. I just think at the end they are playing a better version of South Pittsburg and they will struggle.

Edited by powerp
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

I totally agree with this post except I think it will be bigger point differential. I know some people think I always pick against Peabody but it’s just to aggravate or to build them game up. A few of their fans know the messages I send them privately over the past couple of weeks got nothing but respect for the Tide but I honestly don’t see them winning this game. If I go to this game I will sit on the Peabody side and cheer them on just like I did last year but I just don’t see them getting gold this time.

How bad would Meigs beat Waverly?

9 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Chill out fellas! 21 if Meigs ran to that side all night they obviously game planned that for whatever reason. If you watched the SP game then you will see the Meigs team I’m talking about. Film and personal view is a little different. I’m not saying they are going blow Peabody out of the water but I do think they will win.

Golden(pee)pride I have never said y’all couldn’t handle the physicality of  Meigs! 

I think it will be a 7-14 point differential more. They (Meigs) have really good line play and a good QB and RB. They have really good DBACKS also. The only advantage Peabody has is speed and kicking game.

I saw that game and SP spread them out and ran all over Meigs.  SP was much smaller. Meigs was the better team but SP gave them problems.  Meigs defense was suspect for the most part of that game.  Film don't lie.  People do.  I think Peabody wins by 10 points

5 minutes ago, Igotthis said:

I saw that game and SP spread them out and ran all over Meigs.  SP was much smaller. Meigs was the better team but SP gave them problems.  Meigs defense was suspect for the most part of that game.  Film don't lie.  People do.  I think Peabody wins by 10 points

Meigs defense was not suspect most of that game your crazy. If your defense is suspect against a team like SP you won’t win. You must have had your drunken goggles on!

2 hours ago, Cashmeout said:

Ok. I had said I wasn’t going to the past but- been watching last years game over and over. But you guys graduated Dirksen and he saved your bacon  If he hadn’t played Meigs blows you out.  Without him you wouldn’t have been able to pound and wouldn’t have stopped us. 

That's a bunch of bull.  Peabody s line beat the crap out of Meigs line.  That game should not have been that close Did you see the holes Dickson and Wilkins ran through.  Did you see Swafford running for dear life?  Give us all a break and post more realistic opinions.  

30 minutes ago, powerp said:

It's on YouTube. We got mashed up front. Horrible game by us. I am picking Peabody to win this game by 14. I base that off our game with Meigs. Meigs line whooped ours that night. I think Peabody can hold their own up front. We drove down the field a few times and stalled out...I think Peabody can finish the deal. Also, turnovers and being out of game shape from not playing fire three weeks  plagued us from the beginning. Meigs will be in position and will be well coached. I just think at the end they are playing a better version of South Pittsburg and they will struggle.

I believe Meigs takes this one. If Meigs  can contain their recievers they will win this game. Thats a big if though. 

49 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

This thread so far has been about 15 pages worth of why Meigs cant or wont win. We gonna humble alot of folks this year. That is all.

Not all of it. If yall can contain those recievers yall have a very good shot.

37 minutes ago, powerp said:

It's on YouTube. We got mashed up front. Horrible game by us. I am picking Peabody to win this game by 14. I base that off our game with Meigs. Meigs line whooped ours that night. I think Peabody can hold their own up front. We drove down the field a few times and stalled out...I think Peabody can finish the deal. Also, turnovers and being out of game shape from not playing fire three weeks  plagued us from the beginning. Meigs will be in position and will be well coached. I just think at the end they are playing a better version of South Pittsburg and they will struggle.

I agree totally.  I watched that game.  SP did move the ball on Meigs with a smaller line.