Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

4 minutes ago, Goldentidefanatic said:

Who did Peabody have to replace from what the Meigs coach said was the best line play he had seen ? Who did Meigs add  to improve good line play from last year to make it great ? I think this game as always comes down to  "Trench Warfare" as P Pride says ! 

Im curious myself. What I saw in the trousdale game was 2 big guys on the left side of the line and they ran that way pretty much the whole game 

12 minutes ago, Goldentidefanatic said:

Who did Peabody have to replace from what the Meigs coach said was the best line play he had seen ? Who did Meigs add  to improve good line play from last year to make it great ? I think this game as always comes down to  "Trench Warfare" as P Pride says ! 

Could you find the quote with a link where Coach Fitzgerald said this? Not disputing, just want to see if he actually said this. 

10 hours ago, TFLpride said:

Just read some stats on a preview of Saturday’s game. 

Khalik Ganaway, RB: 209 Carries, 1,582 Yards, 21 TDs

Will Meadows, RB: 198 Carries, 1,780 Yards, 31 TDs
pretty impressive the stats put up by Meadows especially considering he’s done it in 3 less games. (Sat out because of Covid week 1 and 2 Covid wins). Don’t know how many games Peabody had missed. Finalist vs finalist.

Khalik has only played a full game 3 or 4 times this year the rest he did not play after half time. Pretty impressive huh!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Im curious myself. What I saw in the trousdale game was 2 big guys on the left side of the line and they ran that way pretty much the whole game 

I think the experience is it for Meigs I recognized a couple from last year that are seniors now. Would it be safe to say the same thing about Peabody? I think so but you know more about them than I do. 

21 minutes ago, BigTTowner said:

Khalik has only played a full game 3 or 4 times this year the rest he did not play after half time. Pretty impressive huh!

This is an extremely poor argument. Every Mr. Football candidate only plays a full game a couple times a year. The award only considers regular season games, so Meadows only played 2 full games (SP and Oneida) and I’d say it’s about the same for Ganaway. I just hate the whole “he only played a full game two or three times!” argument when it’s like that for all candidates coming from teams like Peabody and Meigs. 
Edit: It was the same story for Swafford every year he was nominated, and I’m sure Baugus (spelling?) went through that too last year. Hunter Frame from SP could’ve ran for 3,000 yards in the regular season if he got to play full games. 

Edited by ElGoat
  • Upvote 1