Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

7 minutes ago, ElGoat said:

This is an extremely poor argument. Every Mr. Football candidate only plays a full game a couple times a year. The award only considers regular season games, so Meadows only played 2 full games (SP and Oneida) and I’d say it’s about the same for Ganaway. I just hate the whole “he only played a full game two or three times!” argument when it’s like that for all candidates coming from teams like Peabody and Meigs. 
Edit: It was the same story for Swafford every year he was nominated, and I’m sure Baugus (spelling?) went through that too last year. Hunter Frame from SP could’ve ran for 3,000 yards in the regular season if he got to play full games. 

Took the words right from my mouth. 

55 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

No one mentioned meigs playing or beating Alcoa. We were talking about the Alcoa Milan game 

I get that, but Peabody did beat Milan, correct?  I know it is played on the field, but I was just stating the fact that based on this, Peabody should be able to handle Meigs, and that Alcoa is that much better than Meigs.  Kinda a gauge thing I guess.  I think Alcoa would also be able handle Milan by at least 20 or so, but just my opinion.

3 hours ago, 3Peat181920 said:

No “genius” your wrong again. Your boy stated that Meigs won’t throw but a handful of times UNLESS they are behind... my reply was sarcastically meaning.. well in that case they will throw 24 times... Maybe you should go back and read the comment I replied to!

Wow. Not only a fortune teller but a stat predictor. I bet you have a magic 8 ball and spend your days in the basement playing with it

20 minutes ago, ElGoat said:

This is an extremely poor argument. Every Mr. Football candidate only plays a full game a couple times a year. The award only considers regular season games, so Meadows only played 2 full games (SP and Oneida) and I’d say it’s about the same for Ganaway. I just hate the whole “he only played a full game two or three times!” argument when it’s like that for all candidates coming from teams like Peabody and Meigs. 
Edit: It was the same story for Swafford every year he was nominated, and I’m sure Baugus (spelling?) went through that too last year. Hunter Frame from SP could’ve ran for 3,000 yards in the regular season if he got to play full games. 

Very true. If Ganaway, Meadows and Frame all played the whole game every game they’d all have 3000 and 50. 

19 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

I get that, but Peabody did beat Milan, correct?  I know it is played on the field, but I was just stating the fact that based on this, Peabody should be able to handle Meigs, and that Alcoa is that much better than Meigs.  Kinda a gauge thing I guess.  I think Alcoa would also be able handle Milan by at least 20 or so, but just my opinion.

Milan has got better. we played them first game of the year with a new coach. They do have tons of talent. I want Milan to win but they will be fighting uphill 

Let me say this the 2 best teams in 2A football in TN. will play Saturday at 3:00pm. Both Teams have a lot on the line in this game for each of their respected schools and communities . If Meigs wins it will be their 1st gold ball and if Peabody wins it will be a three peat and their 4th gold ball so all of the banter is fun until fans bring kids by name and number into your conversations. This is for football talk and a place to talk your team up not a pen!! comparison site. These kids deserve all the respect in the world!!!! I expect a very hard fought game from both teams. We all ought to be thankful that they are able to play considering what the world is going through at this time! May the best Team Win!!

ROLL TIDE!!!!!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BigTTowner said:

Let me say this the 2 best teams in 2A football in TN. will play Saturday at 3:00pm. Both Teams have a lot on the line in this game for each of their respected schools and communities . If Meigs wins it will be their 1st gold ball and if Peabody wins it will be a three peat and their 4th gold ball so all of the banter is fun until fans bring kids by name and number into your conversations. This is for football talk and a place to talk your team up not a pen!! comparison site. These kids deserve all the respect in the world!!!! I expect a very hard fought game from both teams. We all ought to be thankful that they are able to play considering what the world is going through at this time! May the best Team Win!!

ROLL TIDE!!!!!

I don’t think you could have said it any better