Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

7 hours ago, crow said:

I’ll put my opinion anywhere at anytime I choose. Sell your tough guy crap somewhere else Nancy. 

Yes much like your we’re not playing Meigs anymore crap. I guess a win in 2015- we were playing non region and then losing every game since was enough to help re-think that scheduling. And I do appreciate when you say my name keep it caps

Final thoughts before I settle in for a long winters nap. Peabody is a beast. Players play hard, coaches have system they coach and stay with and fans are loyal to their team. For all my pickings I wish you guys continued success. In the last 2 years you have earned my respect. 2 years ago you beat us by stopping Swafford in the 2nd half and pounding us, this year you totally stopped our running game for 3 quarters and put us away with Vaughn. Total respect for your program. 
Now for my Meigs Tigers—- We fought with our claws until the very end. Seniors left their mark, and did what they had watched since their freshman year. Protect the tradition, play EVERY game hard and never give up. Now for the next class up- Follow the lessons you’ve been taught, don’t allow your own arrogance to take away lessons you should have been learning since your freshman year. You have been given the keys to the machine by 3 tremendous classes in a row 13-1,13-2,14-1. It’s your job to now follow the path. Coaches, find the piece to the puzzle and don’t try to fit the round piece in the square hole. We’ve been really good because what you’ve done... now let’s get back. Meigs fans- keep the faith. It too Davis (ring master) many trips before he got it done- yes he had Ashley but he also had some pretty good ones before, during and after. August ain’t far away. 

7 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

I’m not sure exactly which team you represent, but I am going to guess Milan which has a great program.  The comment about Peabody stepping up to play Alcoa was not from a Greeneville Fan.  I do believe you have a little more class inside of yourself and could’ve used a more professional approach/wording to address the comment.

Fact - 2016 Betsy played Alcoa in the Qtr finals and lost 14-17.

Facts - 2011 Greeneville played Alcoa and beat them 42-14.  2012 Greeneville played Alcoa and lost 42-0.  They split.

I wasn’t present and think it’s safe to say you weren’t either when Alcoa contacted the following teams (listed by BCSFan) to try and schedule game.  I will add that Greeneville, and I also think it’s safe to say that Betsy is not afraid to play Alcoa, nor any team in the state of TN for that matter.  I can’t speak for the rest of the teams on that list.   I, nor do you know the circumstances/understand why they declined.  Perhaps the dates provided by Alcoa that needed to be filled had already been filled by the other teams and that’s why?  Again, I don’t know why and nor you. 

- Peabody is a very solid a team.  They are without a doubt the #1 team in 2A for 2020.  Much respect to that program.  Peabody would have put up a fight if they had played Alcoa, Betsy, Greeneville, Anderson County, or Maryville this year, but they wouldn’t have beaten either.  

- Milan is a very solid a team. They are without a doubt the # 2 team in 3A for 2020.  Much respect to that program.  Milan put up a good fight against Alcoa, but they’re not quiet there yet.  I mean no disrespect.  If Betsy, Greeneville, Anderson County, or Maryville would had played Milan this year I do not believe it would have been close.  

All of these teams - Alcoa, Anderson County, Betsy, Greeneville, and Maryville are loaded will talent at the starting level and as well with the back ups waiting to step in.  They all have great coaching staffs and weight room/conditioning programs. They may lose a game or two here and there, but even in a down year or a rebuilding year they’re always going to be tough and probably be able to hold their own with the best of the best.

For the foreseeable future I would expect Peabody, Milan to continue being contenders, but beating an Alcoa, Anderson County, Betsy, or Greeneville is probably going to be a very tall task.  Nothing is impossible and that’s why the game is played, but let’s all show some respect to each an every team that get’s out on that field and their respective fans.

I love you my friend and I hope you have blessed future.

Please don’t take what I said personally.  I know that easy for me to say and probably hard to do since I was talking about your team. Just know I meant know disrespect to you. Yes I am a Milam fan thru and thru. But live about 10 mins from Peabody and lots of good friends over there. And yes it was from a guy that claimed to be a GreenEville fan. I addressed him with the same class he addressed Peabody with. I understand he is a newbie and probably just used the helmet as a pic to troll and isn’t really a GreenEville fan but my response to him was warranted and will continue to treat him that way as long as he acts in the way he did.  Those kids deserved better. Those kids had just won a championship and he came in to do nothing but take shots. Just please understand nothing personal as I sincerely have all the respect in the world for GreenEville. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cashmeout said:

Yes much like your we’re not playing Meigs anymore crap. I guess a win in 2015- we were playing non region and then losing every game since was enough to help re-think that scheduling. And I do appreciate when you say my name keep it caps

I had nothing to do with scheduling. I said before the realignment I hope we keep them. I’ve told coaches I’d like to see SP and Watertown or TC on the schedule. Doesn’t mean I think we could win but I’d rather see. We’ve not been known for running from a tough out of region schedule so trust me when I say we certainly aren’t afraid to play y’all. Not sure why it didn’t work out, I guess that’s a question for TL and fitz. As for all caps, well that’s funny, you better email coachT on that one. I picked your name from the list that pops up with you put the @ symbol to tag someone in a post. Then again maybe you meant you preferred NANCY. You’re the only person I have ever met that gets menstrual cramps when someone suggests your team should have ANOTHER player at the Mr. Football banquet. 

Edited by crow

Congrats Peabody on another remarkable season. Took a hiatus from the T half way through the season to focus on some health & family so I’ve missed a lot of the banter throughout the rest of the regular season & post season but I did continue to watch every game Friday night.. Congrats to Meigs on another successful season as well. The Tigers wouldn’t go away quietly yesterday & I respect that fight. 

Postgame thoughts:

I expected this to be two evenly matched teams and little things to sway the outcome. Penalties, turnovers, special teams, etc. 

I was right, but also a little off. If Peabody is a 10, Meigs is an 8.3 or so. Peabody has several guys that can hurt you, just a few more than Meigs did. I think everyone picked up on this after a couple offensive series from each team. Meigs needed every break to go their way, and really the opposite happened. The pass play that would've made it 7-7 was wonderfully designed and executed. Seemed like a ticky tack penalty. I know the feeling lol.   

Meigs O line  got beaten the entire first half. They tried some diff things to get Meadows going, but none of them really worked. 

Also first half, Peabody's O line did just enough to get Ganaway past the first level, then Meigs back 7 struggled to bring him down.  I personally thought Ganaway was the POTG. Repeatedly he delivered on 3rd and 4th in the first half when the game was in doubt.  

The second half was more a result of Peabody being content to give up a lot of short yardage, but not the big play, than anything else. Give Meigs credit. They never quit. Their kids battled to the end. Getting to Cookeville ONCE is a great thing. These guys lost a Mr Football and got there 2 straight years. They waded thru the TC/Watertown region TWICE in the playoffs.  I enjoyed watching Meigs continue to fight, but I never felt they would win. But they DID keep battling. Taking it one play at a time. The fans kept cheering.The sidelines kept encouraging. THAT is why we love this game. No quit in those Tigers at ALL.   

Peabody is so fun to watch. Their swagger, and almost an expectation of winning. I'd LOVE to have seen them against the Marion Co 2015/2016 teams. So many great matchups would've happened. 

Congrats to both teams, fans, and programs. It was a beautiful day for a game. It was also a miracle if you think back to the summer, when we were wondering if we would even have a season. These two programs embody why we are so crazy about this sport!! Every kid has a story and a family, and a community, cheering, feeling proud that they know the kid, feeling honored to have a chance to influence the kid, etc.  

These two special teams gave us joy, when we really needed it. I hope that's what we remember. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Postgame thoughts:

I expected this to be two evenly matched teams and little things to sway the outcome. Penalties, turnovers, special teams, etc. 

I was right, but also a little off. If Peabody is a 10, Meigs is an 8.3 or so. Peabody has several guys that can hurt you, just a few more than Meigs did. I think everyone picked up on this after a couple offensive series from each team. Meigs needed every break to go their way, and really the opposite happened. The pass play that would've made it 7-7 was wonderfully designed and executed. Seemed like a ticky tack penalty. I know the feeling lol.   

Meigs O line  got beaten the entire first half. They tried some diff things to get Meadows going, but none of them really worked. 

Also first half, Peabody's O line did just enough to get Ganaway past the first level, then Meigs back 7 struggled to bring him down.  I personally thought Ganaway was the POTG. Repeatedly he delivered on 3rd and 4th in the first half when the game was in doubt.  

The second half was more a result of Peabody being content to give up a lot of short yardage, but not the big play, than anything else. Give Meigs credit. They never quit. Their kids battled to the end. Getting to Cookeville ONCE is a great thing. These guys lost a Mr Football and got there 2 straight years. They waded thru the TC/Watertown region TWICE in the playoffs.  I enjoyed watching Meigs continue to fight, but I never felt they would win. But they DID keep battling. Taking it one play at a time. The fans kept cheering.The sidelines kept encouraging. THAT is why we love this game. No quit in those Tigers at ALL.   

Peabody is so fun to watch. Their swagger, and almost an expectation of winning. I'd LOVE to have seen them against the Marion Co 2015/2016 teams. So many great matchups would've happened. 

Congrats to both teams, fans, and programs. It was a beautiful day for a game. It was also a miracle if you think back to the summer, when we were wondering if we would even have a season. These two programs embody why we are so crazy about this sport!! Every kid has a story and a family, and a community, cheering, feeling proud that they know the kid, feeling honored to have a chance to influence the kid, etc.  

These two special teams gave us joy, when we really needed it. I hope that's what we remember. 

Phenomenal post!