Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

1 hour ago, TideRolls said:

Isn't Alcoa enrollment in the 2A range but they play up to 3A?  Word in the coaching circles in the East has been that Alcoa played up to 3A in this past 4 year cycle so they wouldn't have to compete against Peabody and Union City for a title....  May be hearsay, but that's the word ive heard...

:roll:

7 hours ago, TideRolls said:

Isn't Alcoa enrollment in the 2A range but they play up to 3A?  Word in the coaching circles in the East has been that Alcoa played up to 3A in this past 4 year cycle so they wouldn't have to compete against Peabody and Union City for a title....  May be hearsay, but that's the word ive heard...

When Alcoa was 2A any team in the west was playing for runner up. We played Goodpasture in the semis in 2007 and if we played Alcoa it wouldn’t be too pretty. I believe in 04 against a Huntingdon team that was really talent it was 51-44. Alcoa isn’t avoiding anyone in 2A

3 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

When Alcoa was 2A any team in the west was playing for runner up. We played Goodpasture in the semis in 2007 and if we played Alcoa it wouldn’t be too pretty. I believe in 04 against a Huntingdon team that was really talent it was 51-44. Alcoa isn’t avoiding anyone in 2A

Covington had game won but Alcoa won on last drive of the game.  Is that a weak Alcoa team or a strong Charger team?  2 or 3 years ago.  

5 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

They would have beaten us 60-7,or 0.   Randall Cobb was QB.   We had a special team but Goodpasture was on another level.  Then Alcoa was off the charts.  GP beat us 42-7.  Alcoa beat the heck out of GP.  And that is an understatement

2 minutes ago, Igotthis said:

Covington had game won but Alcoa won on last drive of the game.  Is that a weak Alcoa team or a strong Charger team?  2 or 3 years ago.  

Covington had a really good squad that year, I believe it was 3 years ago. I believe it was just two really good teams clashing against one another I think that’s the only game besides the CPA game in 14 Alcoa was challenged in Cookeville 

Just now, Igotthis said:

They would have beaten us 60-7,or 0.   Randall Cobb was QB.   We had a special team but Goodpasture was on another level.  Then Alcoa was off the charts.  GP beat us 42-7.  Alcoa beat the heck out of GP.  And that is an understatement

Right. The 07 team we had was a very good mix, but wouldn’t have competed with Alcoa. They were just that good 

2 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Covington had a really good squad that year, I believe it was 3 years ago. I believe it was just two really good teams clashing against one another I think that’s the only game besides the CPA game in 14 Alcoa was challenged in Cookeville 

Milan beat or played Covington close that year?

Edited by Igotthis

On 12/16/2020 at 6:35 PM, Igotthis said:

If we could take a few players off of 2014 team and combine them with 18,19,20 boy no one in 2A or 3A would beat us.  May Alcoa in a barn burner.  But no way we beat them with their combined group

You like these IFL game don't ya?

How about adding the F5 to the schedule for the next two years and find out for REAL!:thumb: