6A Championship Oakland vs. Brentwood

MidTennFootball

1 hour ago, ttitan27 said:

Lol......means absolutely nothing.  Great tradition but that's about it.  Maryville got boat raced by Oakland this year.  Unless some of those little fellurs grow in the off season, you gonna get boat raced again next year at home.  At least the quiet drive home will be short for ya'll next year.  Had to ice down my finger after the game.  Pressin' that +6 button plain wears a finger out after awhile.

Yep , just what I thought ... the Scoreboard guy at Oakland is a totally Classless boob . Ever heard of " Act like you've been there " ? 

1 hour ago, Red Rebels said:

Your team is well coached, respectful to their opponents, and good at football. I like playing them. We seem to be on opposite cycles. 

I don't remember us telling Ravenwood how bad the score was last season. They added some late scores with their 1's against our 2's and 3's. I don't remember any full time MHS fans on here harping about the score. We know what the score was. Our little fellers will use that as motivation like we did two years ago. Get it out of your system. It's your right. 

It's all in good fun.  I actually have tremendous respect for the Maryville program and what they have done.  Yes they are down right now but will be back.  If Oakland wins or loses it really doesn't matter to me.  I have no skin in the game whatsoever.  I'm there because my son used to go to Oakland but now he is at MTSU.  In middle school and freshman year he played football at Oakland and I was approached by a coach at the time because they needed a Dad to run the board for the freshman game that night.  Next thing you know, my kid doesn't play anymore and I'm doing all the varsity games for the last five years.  I do it not because I'm an Oakland homer, I'm not.  I do it because I love to watch good, well coached football and that is what the Oakland program is under Kevin Creasy.  Very similar to what you guys have only you have been doing it longer.

18 hours ago, TOM4000Patriots said:

I dont know what your talking about.  Just giving props and having some fun with final appearances.  RedRebels is nice enough to spend time to make the graphic which is great.   I don't care how they get players or anything else.   Nothing but respect for Maryville.    Their record is quite impressive. 

Talking to Coach Harris and knowing what we have in the pipeline I don't see the trend changing of us meeting in the semis for the next 4+ years. Both teams are well stocked all the way down into the MS ranks and the only advantage each have will be home field.

Edited by JSamson7

On 12/6/2020 at 10:03 AM, rollnoles said:

Here we go Rutherford county findly winning a State and they back on the map. Might want to check Maryville gold balls. I believe Maryville was the one who stop the All Roads To The State Goes Thru Rutherford County. Enjoy it

So sad that you aren’t happy.....NOT