6A Championship Oakland vs. Brentwood

MidTennFootball

7 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

There is something to be said about grit and purpose. The thing about Oakland is that they are hardnosed  kids who all have an edge to their game. Yes they are talented and well coached, but you cant coach a kid to play "hungry"  These kids are playing with purpose and drive. This may be a bit of a poor analogy but I see this as a game of "Haves " and "Have not's"  Its  a Lexus vs  Ford  .. That Lexus is great with butt warmers and cooled cup holders and all, but it won't do what the ford will when it comes to work and pulling a load ....I think it will be close for a half, but Brentwood gets tired of getting punched in the mouth and it gets blown open second half.  Pats by 21 ....

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

That sounds like the words of somebody who is ready to embrace the dark side

:popcorneater:

6 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

You can't get rid of the orange and blue plaid.

Heck no.. maybe we'll get zoned a few more times and get some kids have a little edge .I would never say our kids are soft, but I don't see the grit we used to get in our players  (Jajuan Jennings, Connor Murphy, Master Teague  kinda player/ kid ....Until then we can coach what we get, make the most of the talent we have... gonna be a long while for us I am afraid 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Footballguy9 said:

Remember in ‘02 when Brentwood beat coach Gary Rankin and Riverdale in the title game... I think the stars will align tomorrow night for the Bruins to bring home another gold ball

Remember it well. I was there. I don’t agree that history repeats though.