Playoffs - 5A Championship - Oak Ridge vs Summit

CardinalGrey

31 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

So was Knox West and South Doyle. I don't have a dog in the fight, have a high opinion of both coaches, but if you represent East TN in the 5A title game, you were in some scrapes

To be honest if I had to rank the 3 sections of state as far as success in the playoffs over the past few years I would say East 1, Middle 2, and West 3.  If you look this year East is favored in the 1A, 3A, and 4A games, 5A is a toss up, West Tn will take 2A and Middle 6A.  East won 3,4,5, and 6 last year. 

10 hours ago, Opie Shaggnasty said:

I hope they did teach the o.r. students the meaning of decades in that overpriced high school.But if not understood.

Why yes sweetscience.Scotty and the boys in 1992.Even more recent than when o.r. last won the year before.

Oak Ridge was there in 2005.Tell everybody about how Clinton had to borrow shoes from Oak Ridge just to lose.Clinton been around for so long and has never won state in any sport.No wonder you have banners for region titles and make shirts when you beat Oak Ridge

• Like 1

9 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Oak Ridge was there in 2005.Tell everybody about how Clinton had to borrow shoes from Oak Ridge just to lose.Clinton been around for so long and has never won state in any sport.No wonder you have banners for region titles and make shirts when you beat Oak Ridge

Wow you were there 15 years ago.But no acorn.What a legacy.

1 hour ago, Opie Shaggnasty said:

Wow you were there 15 years ago.But no acorn.What a legacy.

Was Hazelhurst and Darian Stone years the last time Clinton beat OR? I think it was Stone beat OR in both football and basketball and that was 09-10 and that group beat OR teams there whole life they’ll never have another group like that again it might be 20 more years before they win in football again