Playoffs - 5A Championship - Oak Ridge vs Summit

CardinalGrey

44 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I understand. That’s about all you can go by in this situation. I trust your analysis though because you’re a knowledgeable guy about the game. The closer it gets though the more I think weather might play a factor. Haven’t looked @ Friday in the Cookeville area, but here it’s supposed to rain. If so, not good for the Cats because as you know we struggle to run the tater.

Yeah, I would think crappy weather would favor Summit and their slippery QB.

It's just odd watching Summit on film. I really thought I was going to be blown away watching them, but outside of the QB, they just don't dominate like I thought they might. Should be a very competitive game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, osunut2 said:

One plays QB, the other plays DE.

I'm just using the eyeball test, but no one else jumps out quite like the Wade twins. They have a pretty sound offensive line, but they aren't overwhelming opposing front sevens. Outside of the QB, they don't have anyone at the skill positions that stands out. Not an overly athletic team on defense either. That said, they looked like a well-coached team, and the QB is a true difference maker with his arm and legs.

Same thing I got by just watching them QB is tough but they don’t look like they have any other playmakers also agree on them being well coached. Looks like OR could have speed advantage and I think OR has faced tougher competition again this just going off an eye test not really sure 

4 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I understand. That’s about all you can go by in this situation. I trust your analysis though because you’re a knowledgeable guy about the game. The closer it gets though the more I think weather might play a factor. Haven’t looked @ Friday in the Cookeville area, but here it’s supposed to rain. If so, not good for the Cats because as you know we struggle to run the tater.

Oh, it's definitely supposed to rain in Cookeville, anywhere from 60% to 95% up till 4 pm.  That's as far as the hourly forecast goes, so I don't know about the 7-10 pm time frame.  Of course, I've been told that Gaddis controls the weather...I hope that's true!  lol

Edited by ORcats

12 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

SN1, speed kills and I think this will play into this game just as it did last year. Knox area teams are known for their speed and quickness. Powell, West, OR, Central, SD, we all have and see speed all year. It pays off when the playoffs start. If you go look at the Summit coach's post game interviews (You-Tube) after the championship game last year he says "we couldn't handle their speed". Central contained Wade for the most part all night. 

OR needs to score points, but I think scoring will be harder for Summit. Hope I don't jinx OR!

I hope your right.Thanks for the info

So the Summit QB had 394yds vs good Henry Co team and 412yds vs good Beech team.Thats unreal and he averaged over 200 yds rushing in those games.The Oak Ridge offense would have to play best game of year to get those numbers as a team.The brother is ranked 4th best player in Tennessee and 185th in the nation.O and I was told the QB had almost 250 yds rushing and 3 tds im 2nd rd but Ive not looked it up.Maybe the Cats can play their best game of year and hang around till 4th.I hope the Central staff has been in touch with our coaches and gave us some tips.The QB is a lot better this yr but we need all the help we can get

Summit's record is 13 - 1. Oak Ridge's record is 11 - 3. Advantage Spartans.

Real records with COVID taken into account....Summit 9 - 1 and Oak Ridge 10 - 3. The advantage is not as one sided now.

RWR!

Edited by WillieTheWildcats

1 hour ago, STILLNUM1 said:

So the Summit QB had 394yds vs good Henry Co team and 412yds vs good Beech team.Thats unreal and he averaged over 200 yds rushing in those games.The Oak Ridge offense would have to play best game of year to get those numbers as a team.The brother is ranked 4th best player in Tennessee and 185th in the nation.O and I was told the QB had almost 250 yds rushing and 3 tds im 2nd rd but Ive not looked it up.Maybe the Cats can play their best game of year and hang around till 4th.I hope the Central staff has been in touch with our coaches and gave us some tips.The QB is a lot better this yr but we need all the help we can get

Can’t speak to whether our staffs have spoken or not. Here’s what I can tell you, last year we knew we had a great shot at beating Summit. The biggest problem they had was their offensive line couldn’t block us and outside of the Wades, they didn’t have anyone else at the skill positions. Now with that being said, the Wades are as good as advertised and last year their Run Defense was very good. We COULDNT run the ball on them at all. We scored by passing, and honestly it was one of our best passing games last year. If Oak Ridge is gonna pull this off, 1. Contain the Wades best as possible and 2. They have to have the ability to throw the ball some. They won’t be able to just line up and run all over them. As of now, still picking Summit in a close one.

1 hour ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Can’t speak to whether our staffs have spoken or not. Here’s what I can tell you, last year we knew we had a great shot at beating Summit. The biggest problem they had was their offensive line couldn’t block us and outside of the Wades, they didn’t have anyone else at the skill positions. Now with that being said, the Wades are as good as advertised and last year their Run Defense was very good. We COULDNT run the ball on them at all. We scored by passing, and honestly it was one of our best passing games last year. If Oak Ridge is gonna pull this off, 1. Contain the Wades best as possible and 2. They have to have the ability to throw the ball some. They won’t be able to just line up and run all over them. As of now, still picking Summit in a close one.

Thanks and I think you are spot on with what we have to do to win.Oak Ridge struggles to run vs a decent defense so it sounds like we need the offense that should up at West to have a chance.Our Dline has been playing good but I dont think we can compare to what the Central D line could do.Somebody in Oak Ridge needs to pop out some twin boys because its worked for Central and Summit.By the way Bobcat someone told me Summit put up a bunch of yards on Central but yall forced a bunch of turnovers.Is that right or did they have a lot of yards after game was in hand

Edited by STILLNUM1

24 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Thanks and I think you are spot on with what we have to do to win.Oak Ridge struggles to run vs a decent defense so it sounds like we need the offense that should up at West to have a chance.Our Dline has been playing good but I dont think we can compare to what the Central D line could do.Somebody in Oak Ridge needs to pop out some twin boys because its worked for Central and Summit.By the way Bobcat someone told me Summit put up a bunch of yards on Central but yall forced a bunch of turnovers.Is that right or did they have a lot of yards after game was in hand

Most of their yards came after we got up 21 including their TD. They were able to run it on us some, but they had no passing game. Their offense was mostly designed QB runs, a lot of power, Counter etc. Oline was quick but small. In regards to our Twins, Kalib and Liam were very special. We DONT win two State titles without them.They are good friends of mine and I said this a few weeks ago. It’ll be a long time, if ever, that Fountain City sees two players like that again.