Playoffs - 5A Championship - Oak Ridge vs Summit

CardinalGrey

9 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

You guys had a great season, SS. I don't think too many people thought OR would end up representing the east in Cookeville, but you earned it. That win over Powell was huge too, because it definitely made for an easier road to the quarters/semis. Summit was just the better team, and there is no shame in giving credit where credit is due.

OR certainly has some athletes, as always, but it just feels like there is something missing. I hate blaming it on coaching, but when I've watched OR the past few seasons, I just have no idea what your identity is. It feels like you guys are wasting so much of that skill position talent. You guys would thrive by getting your athletes in space (like what you did versus West a few weeks ago), but I don't think that is Gaddis' offensive forte. He strikes me as the "death by a thousand paper cuts" mold of coach.

The good news is that you guys have a young team, and I expect OR and Powell will have one heck of a showdown next season!

They (Summit) were definitely the better team, no doubt about that. I’m like you though, I have zero idea what we are trying to do on offense out there half of the time. We will have spurts where we look good, and at other times the offense will just go MIA and can’t do anything right. It’s pretty mind boggling. Against West, when we put our athletes in space, we looked like world beaters, but we reverted back to our normal selves tonight. Well, actually, we did last week too, we just had a great performance by the D against SD, but they were quite one dimensional which helped. I don’t know man, it’s strange to say the least. Still proud of our kids though.

Edited by SweetScience

Proud of our Oak Ridge boys for fighting thru a tuff 2-3 start and losing key players all yr.Tonight Summit was a great team with a great QB.I hated to see our defense start so bad but was proud of how we made adjustments and kept fighting.Thats what good coaches do and Miner and his boys was great this yr.It just kills me that we wasted another good team because of our pathetic offense.Blame it on OC or whoever you want but our offense has been a joke the last 7 or so years.We change offenses every yr and its never the right one.We have had some really great players and for some reason waste them by running BS that dont work.How in the world can you explain running the same offense that was even worse vs DB and the 1st time vs West again tonight.We looked so good vs West and then went back to the same crap that only works vs teams like Clinton and Karns.We didnt have a good Oline when healthy and we sure didnt with 2 key starters out so why in the world would you hang your hat on the Oline blocking.We looked exactly the same or worse early in yr and didnt improve what so ever running that offense.Somebody make sense of anything we do on offense under this OC.Your talking Tee Higgins,Caleb Martin,Jordan Graham,Kendell Jackson and tons of good skill guys we waste.How many Oak Ridge fans was shocked by us not being able to run the ball tonight.Surely not one because we havent vs a decent team all yr.But anyway proud of players and the special group of SRs we have.Yall made us proud

• Like 1

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

You guys had a great season, SS. I don't think too many people thought OR would end up representing the east in Cookeville, but you earned it. That win over Powell was huge too, because it definitely made for an easier road to the quarters/semis. Summit was just the better team, and there is no shame in giving credit where credit is due.

OR certainly has some athletes, as always, but it just feels like there is something missing. I hate blaming it on coaching, but when I've watched OR the past few seasons, I just have no idea what your identity is. It feels like you guys are wasting so much of that skill position talent. You guys would thrive by getting your athletes in space (like what you did versus West a few weeks ago), but I don't think that is Gaddis' offensive forte. He strikes me as the "death by a thousand paper cuts" mold of coach.

The good news is that you guys have a young team, and I expect OR and Powell will have one heck of a showdown next season!

Your so right about the offense.What we did vs West worked too good so we didnt want to try that tonight.We thought the offense we ran vs West the 1st time would be better.You know the offense where we dont gain a yard or pick up 1st downs

2 hours ago, FBKarma said:

Top 10 in 5A for sure -  

Classless remark.  

I could tell in the first minute that OR came out flat and weren't playing  like normal.  # 22 nearly had a TD to make it 21 -14.  He can usually be counted on for that catch, but not tonight.  They had a bad game.  It happens. I guarantee if my team had won I wouldn't be on here running down the other team.

40 minutes ago, ORcats said:

Classless remark.  

I could tell in the first minute that OR came out flat and weren't playing  like normal.  # 22 nearly had a TD to make it 21 -14.  He can usually be counted on for that catch, but not tonight.  They had a bad game.  It happens. I guarantee if my team had won I wouldn't be on here running down the other team.

So if the refs called the fumble before the half you lost at the 1 - it’s 21-0.  The refs didn’t call back that Summit score on a Mickey Mouse procedure flag it 28-0 in route to a 42-0 final.  So is that your point?  It could have been so much worse if a few keys calls hadn’t gone your way?  I think we both can agree on that.  

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, FBKarma said:

So if the refs called the fumble before the half you lost at the 1 - it’s 21-0.  The refs didn’t call back that Summit score on a Mickey Mouse procedure flag it 28-0 in route to a 42-0 final.  So is that your point?  It could have been so much worse if a few keys calls hadn’t gone your way?  I think we both can agree on that.  

I just said they had a bad game.  My point is how low class a person is to run down another team. 

6 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Summit looking strong so far...Wade much better throwing than vs us last year.

He grew up he’s ability to read defenses improved drastically he looked to run first last year and not let things develop . This year completely different quarterback stays in the pockets makes his reads and progressions and takes off when he needs to .

2 hours ago, Gosummit12345 said:

Lol the fact y’all even thought this is hilarious summit would have ran through anybody out East this game wasn’t even close 

There was a big difference in this year's team and the one we saw last year.  But I will admit Summit is the best in 5A this year. Great performance last night. It will be interesting to see how the Wade brothers do in 6A next year. They are good! Good luck to Summit 

6 hours ago, tandem said:

I hurt some Oak Ridge and Henry Co feelings when I said Summit had an easy path to a gold ball after beating Beech in the quarters. Turns out it was true. Summit won the state at Shackle Island Stadium on Nov 20 when they scored with 27 seconds left to beat my Bucs. Their semi and final games were cake walks. Turns out my comment wasn’t so “dumb” and I wasn’t talking out of my “you know what” after all. Congratulations to the Spartans on a great year. Nice to have the 5A gold ball back in middle TN. 

dude i’ve been hurting HC feelings without even trying for the past 2 weeks. that’s their go to...to talk crap, call people names, and insult them if they don’t agree with someone.