Playoffs - 5A Championship - Oak Ridge vs Summit

CardinalGrey

29 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Don't feel too bad, at least you were in Cookeville while the other 40-something 5A schools were sitting at home counting flowers on the wall, or maybe playing solitaire til dawn....

TY.  I"m not so disappointed by the loss as knowing we could have played so much better, especially on defense.  But I"m proud of these boys for the games they did win, and I want them to be proud of what they accomplished this year.

Congratulations to the Summit Spartans on a convincing victory last night. Very impressive showing by the Spartans. 
I’m not surprised that Summit won but was surprised how dominate they were right from the beginning. As others have stated Oak Ridge didn’t play their best football last night but Summit showed that it really wouldn’t have mattered. The Wildcats needed their defense to keep them in this game to have a shot at the end but D. Wade put that strategy to bed pretty early. Besides the Wades, I don’t know what all Summit has back next year but they could make some big noise in 6A next year. 

I hate dogging officials because it is a thankless job, but it was pretty bad last night. I don’t get it. They should use the best of the best officials for these championship games. 

Congrats to Oak Ridge on a great and memorable season. Every good high school football team ends their season with a loss except for 1 and you guys took it all the way to Cookeville. That’s a lot to build on. 

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, tnfootball88 said:

Summit is pretty much a 6A school playing in 5a this year. Same thing happened with Independence a few years back. They’ll come back down to earth in 6A next year. 

Except Summit will still have the Wade brothers. They are still going to be a factor. Indy's title team in 2015 would have won state in any classification. Won't surprise me at all to see Summit in the semis next year

21 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Except Summit will still have the Wade brothers. They are still going to be a factor. Indy's title team in 2015 would have won state in any classification. Won't surprise me at all to see Summit in the semis next year

This is my feelings too. 6A or 5A or whatever, that’s a really good Summit team and they will make some noise next season in the 6A playoffs, guaranteed. Even beyond the Wade bro’s, who are very good, I saw some other quality players out there last night for them as well. They had another kid on the D line besides one of the Wade bro’s who was a disruptor all night long. Not saying they’ll beat Oakland, but they’ll be around.

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

This is my feelings too. 6A or 5A or whatever, that’s a really good Summit team and they will make some noise next season in the 6A playoffs, guaranteed. Even beyond the Wade bro’s, who are very good, I saw some other quality players out there last night for them as well. They had another kid on the D line besides one of the Wade bro’s who was a disruptor all night long. Not saying they’ll beat Oakland, but they’ll be around.

I'm just glad at the prospect of there being some variety in 6A, at least on the west side. Your right, Coach Coleman has done a great job at Summit. When he took the job, I remember thinking he'd probably meet the same fate as his predecessor

54 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

The top end of 6A is significantly better then 5A. Need more than just a pair of twins when some 6A schools have an entire team with guys like them. Also dont think Indy has been anyone near a state game game since rejoining 6A...

19 minutes ago, tnfootball88 said:

Need more than just a pair of twins when some 6A schools have an entire team with guys like them. 

An entire team with multiple power 5 offers? Wow, sounds like an NFL team. You wouldn’t exaggerate much, would ya? Lol Name me the teams who are made up entirely of guys with multiple high level offers. I’ll be waiting.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, tnfootball88 said:

The top end of 6A is significantly better then 5A. Need more than just a pair of twins when some 6A schools have an entire team with guys like them. Also dont think Indy has been anyone near a state game game since rejoining 6A...

In case you missed that avatar, I'm a alum/fan of a pretty good program in 6A. Well aware of the differences. There maybe a handful of programs in 6A that have a (as in one) player that can influence a game like Wade can. Doesn't change the fact that Indy would have beaten anybody in 2015

Edited by MidTennFootball