Playoffs - 5A Championship - Oak Ridge vs Summit

CardinalGrey

54 minutes ago, Opie Shaggnasty said:

The funniest thing i saw all weekend other than o.r. getting smoked was the sign the summit kids put up after the second or third td against o.r.It read pussycats.These silly kids think of the funniest things.I truly mean that too.

Funny that you mention that, because I giggled to myself when I saw it as well. Lol

I didn't see it as I was there to watch the game, but it sounds like they plagiarized Clinton's most accomplished spokesman, and keeper of the Dragon...flame?  I've heard him say "pussycats" for decades.  He is a good person, and loves his hometown teams.  Everyone should support their hometown kids, and not spend time trying to beat down other places kids.  I am a Oak Ridger.  I live and am employed in Oak Ridge, both by choice.  I have raised a family in Oak Ridge and I truly love it here!  If not, I would move elsewhere and get another job elsewhere.  For too many years I have heard people from all around this area complain and gripe about Oak Ridge.  Interesting, because most of these people strive to get jobs in this city, and work tirelessly to get their whole family jobs here.  They then go home to whatever city or county address they live at, to apparently figure out the next thing to complain about, regarding Oak Ridge.  Great idea.... if you hate Oak Ridge so badly, and can't stand anything we do, have, don't do, don't have, whatever...stay out of this city.  Simple, right?  Don't shop here, don't drive through here, don't live here, and don't work here.  If your life is so miserable, that all you can do is complain about others, who you have nothing to do with, and won't try to help if you are capable...my hopes are that you seek God, because no man can help you.  I'm guessing that the sour Clinton fan either couldn't get a job here, or lost a job here so there is plenty of free time to be disgruntled about everyone else. 

Best wishes, and Merry Christmas!

PS - Seek joy, you may just find it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CardinalGrey said:

I didn't see it as I was there to watch the game, but it sounds like they plagiarized Clinton's most accomplished spokesman, and keeper of the Dragon...flame?  I've heard him say "pussycats" for decades.  He is a good person, and loves his hometown teams.  Everyone should support their hometown kids, and not spend time trying to beat down other places kids.  I am a Oak Ridger.  I live and am employed in Oak Ridge, both by choice.  I have raised a family in Oak Ridge and I truly love it here!  If not, I would move elsewhere and get another job elsewhere.  For too many years I have heard people from all around this area complain and gripe about Oak Ridge.  Interesting, because most of these people strive to get jobs in this city, and work tirelessly to get their whole family jobs here.  They then go home to whatever city or county address they live at, to apparently figure out the next thing to complain about, regarding Oak Ridge.  Great idea.... if you hate Oak Ridge so badly, and can't stand anything we do, have, don't do, don't have, whatever...stay out of this city.  Simple, right?  Don't shop here, don't drive through here, don't live here, and don't work here.  If your life is so miserable, that all you can do is complain about others, who you have nothing to do with, and won't try to help if you are capable...my hopes are that you seek God, because no man can help you.  I'm guessing that the sour Clinton fan either couldn't get a job here, or lost a job here so there is plenty of free time to be disgruntled about everyone else. 

Best wishes, and Merry Christmas!

PS - Seek joy, you may just find it.

Well said!! I am quarantined right now because I have the great and dreaded COVID, so I honestly have too much time to myself to go back and forth with ole Ope. Ole Ope does sound pretty disgruntled, but I’ll be honest, if I was a Clinton fan I probably would be too. And I say this with all sincerity and without boasting, but it truly has to get old losing to us every single year, and I don’t mean just football either. In basketball their boys and girls both haven’t beaten OR in 10 years, and then you add another 10 years between them not beating us in football, and man, it’s just never ending.

I know, I know, get better and maybe they can beat us (I say it myself) but putting myself in their shoes, I’d probably have a little disdain and jealousy for us as well, I can’t lie. Frankly, I do think they have a good opportunity to beat us in hoops this year, and almost did last year, but came up short. If you’re a basketball fan though, I would invite you to go watch the Clinton/OR basketball game on the 11th because it’ll probably be a very good one. And they have a kid (Jackson Garner) who is excellent and fun to watch, along with a few other solid players. I do hope everyone has a great time with their family and loved ones during the Holidays though, including you Opester. Y’all have a blessed day now. Looking forward to next season already.

• Thanks 1

I have no animosity towards Clinton/fans/etc...  "One bad apple..."   as the saying goes.  I don't mind good spirited ribbing and roasting.  When it's relentless and in poor taste, with a lot of apparent hostility, it's just too much.  Most fans here, on all the threads, are huge supporters of the kids and their teams.  I would not be a happy fan of any program if it appeared as if it would never be better.  I have lived through several decades of Wildcat sports.  All years have not been the best, but I will always support our teams, and I will not berate the other kids and their teams.   These are kids, playing kids games.  Enjoy the games and watch the kids grow.  Being a good sport costs you nothing.  Being a bad sport can cost a lot.

RWR!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Opie Shaggnasty said:

The funniest thing i saw all weekend other than o.r. getting smoked was the sign the summit kids put up after the second or third td against o.r.It read pussycats.These silly kids think of the funniest things.I truly mean that too.

Summit is very well known in these parts for the class or lack there of.   They have the most obnoxious announcer that I have ever heard.  

1 hour ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Summit is very well known in these parts for the class or lack there of.   They have the most obnoxious announcer that I have ever heard.  

I had heard the same thing, that they are known for being cocky and arrogant.  I don’t know if they meant the players or fans though...or both.  We have a team in our region like that also, but they lost early in playoffs. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ORcats said:

I had heard the same thing, that they are known for being cocky and arrogant.  I don’t know if they meant the players or fans though...or both.  We have a team in our region like that also, but they lost early in playoffs. 

Beech has played Summit home and away. I’ve never seen anything but class from them. 

1 minute ago, tandem said:

Beech has played Summit home and away. I’ve never seen anything but class from them. 

To be fair, my grandson briefly spoke to #1 and a couple of others on the team and said they seemed pretty nice.   Personally I found the fans to be obnoxious but maybe I’m just too old lol. 

• Upvote 1

We appreciate both of these programs!   Definitely two of our favorite Coaches and programs to cover.   We had interviews with both Coaches and one player from this game on our show today.   The 5A coverage starts at the 60 minute mark of this video if you'd like to check it out:

Friday Main Event Blue Cross Bowl Coverage

• Like 1