District 3 and 4 AAA - Region 2

Stinger24

23 hours ago, KnoxBball1969 said:

Maryville having contact tracing issues is a real shame. #WearAMask 

Nice win by the Dawgs even when not playing their best. I still think Bearden & Oak Ridge are the favorites and perhaps West & Central as 3rd & 4th best in the region.

Maryville’s two 6/4 leading scorers didn’t play. The healthiest & luckiest team is the best team. Knox County just squashed a lot of teams season. Too bad. 

Joe Anderson is a huge loss for Maryville. You don’t lose a 4 year starter of his caliber and not feel some sort of repercussions from it. Not saying they won’t still be really good, but that’s a hard one to replace. Brown & Seiler are both really quality players themselves though. Bearden has most kids back from last year, yeah? If so, I would have to call them the favorites, although OR is also looking really strong. We’ve scored 100 2 games in a row, and that’s not easy to do in HS. Granted, the opposition wasn’t really up to par, but still.

Don’t know much about the others, but I do expect Clinton to be pretty tough. They gave OR a run for their money a few times last year. Not sure who they lost off that squad, but Garner may be the best player in the whole region. That kid is something else. I’m just concerned about getting to play out the season. Everything is just so unpredictable right now with the virus.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Joe Anderson is a huge loss for Maryville. You don’t lose a 4 year starter of his caliber and not feel some sort of repercussions from it. Not saying they won’t still be really good, but that’s a hard one to replace. Brown & Seiler are both really quality players themselves though. Bearden has most kids back from last year, yeah? If so, I would have to call them the favorites, although OR is also looking really strong. We’ve scored 100 2 games in a row, and that’s not easy to do in HS. Granted, the opposition wasn’t really up to par, but still.

Don’t know much about the others, but I do expect Clinton to be pretty tough. They gave OR a run for their money a few times last year. Not sure who they lost off that squad, but Garner may be the best player in the whole region. That kid is something else. I’m just concerned about getting to play out the season. Everything is just so unpredictable right now with the virus.

Yep, OR has shown offensive fire power and this is all happening with Preston Turner and Jonathan Stewart not playing yet due to the long football season. Is the freshmen Heyward also a stud basketball player?

I don't see a full season of basketball because of Covid. We are heading into the rise in cases from Thanksgiving travelers, then Christmas / New Years will cause another spike up in cases.

At some point the Shots will start coming out and maybe that will start to calm the virus down and basketball can have an abbreviated regular season and full tournaments.

NOTE... this is all a guess. My higher learning was in Politics and Education. No science except what they made me take to get my degrees... Star Watching and ancient dirt digging. Oh, I also took Geography but that was because it was an easy A.

9 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Couldn’t agree more. 

5 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Yep, OR has shown offensive fire power and this is all happening with Preston Turner and Jonathan Stewart not playing yet due to the long football season. Is the freshmen Heyward also a stud basketball player?

I don't see a full season of basketball because of Covid. We are heading into the rise in cases from Thanksgiving travelers, then Christmas / New Years will cause another spike up in cases.

At some point the Shots will start coming out and maybe that will start to calm the virus down and basketball can have an abbreviated regular season and full tournaments.

NOTE... this is all a guess. My higher learning was in Politics and Education. No science except what they made me take to get my degrees... Star Watching and ancient dirt digging. Oh, I also took Geography but that was because it was an easy A.

Yes, Hayward is a stud basketball player. I’ve heard even better on the hardwood than the gridiron. I watched him play for Robertsville last year and he looked like a man among boys out there. I wouldn’t doubt if he doesn’t end up on the varsity, and that’s if he isn’t already. I share your thoughts about the virus. Hopefully it’ll all work out.