District 3 and 4 AAA - Region 2

Stinger24

Oak Ridge is loaded compared to the talent in this area. I think they got hit by a quarantine earlier this year but now they have their squad. Their difference maker is their big. Plus, on top of that, they have very solid guard play. I do not see them losing in their district because nobody can match their size. As most know, they are  also very well coached. They will be tough to beat this year. 

On 12/12/2020 at 11:59 AM, SweetScience said:

Shout out to Stafford Shanklin for OR. He has made tremendous strides so far this year compared to last. He may just be the difference maker for us this year. OR is blessed to have a ton of depth too. They can play 10-11 guys on a given night. 

Great team! Would be a disappointment to not make it state.

3 hours ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

How did they only beat Stone by 5 @WillieTheWildcats and @SweetScience?  I saw Stone play this year and was not impressed

Star player and leading scorer was out for one. Also, Stone played really good and aggressive defense, was at their house with a pretty rowdy crowd, and we had a hard time getting our offense into the flow without Miller there. He makes us such a much better team because he can play multiple positions on the floor. They had us prime for an upset, but thankfully we held on. They have some quality shooters. I’d say most, or at least half their points came behind the arc. They couldn’t hardly miss last night. That helped a lot too.

Edited by SweetScience

6 hours ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

How did they only beat Stone by 5 @WillieTheWildcats and @SweetScience?  I saw Stone play this year and was not impressed

SweetScience pretty much answered your question for me. However, I pity any team that plays Oak Ridge and takes them for granted. The Wildcats are Masters of There Domain. 

RWR to victORry

On 12/16/2020 at 10:24 PM, WillieTheWildcats said:

SweetScience pretty much answered your question for me. However, I pity any team that plays Oak Ridge and takes them for granted. The Wildcats are Masters of There Domain. 

RWR to victORry

That Concord Christian score with the Wildcats seemed odd.  Did you watch that one?  I don't see how they could keep it that close

24 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

That Concord Christian score with the Wildcats seemed odd.  Did you watch that one?  I don't see how they could keep it that close

I didn't even know they were playing but I have found the game on YouTube. I will watch it but I am not a sports expert. Just a fan so don't expect much out of me.

1 hour ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

Frankly, Oak Ridge just isn’t playing good right now. There’s zero cohesiveness on offense and the kids just don’t look into it. Coach Green was even aghast in the postgame interview, but he said they’ll eventually get it fixed. We were of course without our best player again, but still no excuse. And taking nothing away from CC, they’re a good team, even though their record says otherwise. 

1 hour ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I didn't even know they were playing but I have found the game on YouTube. I will watch it but I am not a sports expert. Just a fan so don't expect much out of me.

Ugly, ugly, ugly. Final, VictORry  61   Concord Christian  58. 

First, they played in a Middle School sized gym. Similar to OR's Jefferson Middle School gym. I played for Jefferson Junior High back in the day and a small court is an advantage to the Home team. However, OR just didn't play well.

Concord played a physical defensive game that the Refs let them play. Well coached, some size and could have easy won this game. 

Coach Green was frustrated and I expect the next practice will probably be a rough one for the Wildcats.

• Upvote 1