Region 6-3A 2021 & 2022

BoardHater71

21 hours ago, BDP2003 said:

WH returns some talented skill guys in  QB Blackburn, WR/DBs Harper and McAfee, and RB Black. Their OL/DL will be the biggest question. Hollinsworth, a JR, played a lot last year but not much experience besides him. Spencer Noah is returning from a leg injury that occurred early last season. After that, they’ll be real young. 
Blackburn is a stud but can only do so much. He’s better at RB but WH hasn’t had a stable  QB since the 2018 season so he’s gotta play there. Good luck to everyone this week leading up to scrimmages on Friday. BDP travels to Smith. 

Is Blackburn #9 ?

11 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Dude has to be a troll ! Now I am not saying Waverly has a chance in heck of beating Alcoa but those of us that know football know what Wavo has ! With Milan And PC gone from 3 A except at the very top 3 A is extremely weak ! Waverly IMO is and will be a top 5 team in 3 A for many years to come ! If the player development continues as it has for a bit know this !! Wavo will compete for GoldBalls if and when Alcoa moves up to 4 A ! The Waverly fan base is a rabid fun bunch and I plan to visit the 3 A boards just to watch them raise heck on here ! Y’all ain’t ready for @Trollin and @vandyfan1

6 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

I love having Waverly in the region and on the schedule.  They’ve built a powerhouse over there for sure.  They are well coached and very talented.  

Appreciate it guys!! I just hope we can compete with tha big dawgs! B)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Plugged said:

Sycamore > Cheatham 

My buddies in Pleasant View seem to think they will be a lot better this year. With Dustin West running the offense they will put up points. If last year is any indication their defense will give up a lot of points.

I’m picking Cheatham because maybe they can get it all together to win 1 game (Sycamore). Too much flipping and flopping going on at Sycamore the past few years with their staff. 

18 hours ago, Plugged said:

Sycamore > Cheatham 

My buddies in Pleasant View seem to think they will be a lot better this year. With Dustin West running the offense they will put up points. If last year is any indication their defense will give up a lot of points.

You are right.  Dustin West will do a great job with the offense and KC Littlejohn is back at defensive coordinator and they'll play hard and be aggressive/physical on that side of the ball as well.  John Harrison was a part of some great staffs at Springfield and he will bring success back to Pleasant View.  

Gary Halstead will have Cheatham County much improved in his second year as well.  He too has some good assistant coaches in Jett Brinkley and Kevin Eslick just to name a few.  I look for the Cubs to be better this year and for Ashland City to be excited about its football team.  

Think I have read every post and never saw the mention of the huge transfer of Lewis County fullback/linebacker Ethan McCann to Waverly. Sorry to spill the beans Waverly but this guy will have an immediate impact. Him combined with Dooley and the others make for a sound Tiger team. 

Waverly has benefited from newcomers Ethan McCann (Lewis County) & Jacob and Landon Dooley (Dickson County) joining their football program via the transfer portal the last couple of years.  It's one of those things that is much more common in 2021 than it once was years ago.  All three of their transfers plus Emrick Houston, Curtis Daniel, Kade Anderson, Bryce Stanfield, Ryan Edwards, Ayden Brooks, Hobby Griffin, and Easton Elliott give them a deep and talented roster full of great players.  The Tigers have played in the semifinals several times in recent years and you can really see their fanbase's excitement about their chances this year as they make the move back to 3A.  That season opener at Camden promises to be one of the games to look at in Week One.  I'm sure everyone remembers the war of words that took place all over the CoachT boards last fall.  

2 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Waverly has benefited from newcomers Ethan McCann (Lewis County) & Jacob and Landon Dooley (Dickson County) joining their football program via the transfer portal the last couple of years.  It's one of those things that is much more common in 2021 than it once was years ago.  All three of their transfers plus Emrick Houston, Curtis Daniel, Kade Anderson, Bryce Stanfield, Ryan Edwards, Ayden Brooks, Hobby Griffin, and Easton Elliott give them a deep and talented roster full of great players.  The Tigers have played in the semifinals several times in recent years and you can really see their fanbase's excitement about their chances this year as they make the move back to 3A.  That season opener at Camden promises to be one of the games to look at in Week One.  I'm sure everyone remembers the war of words that took place all over the CoachT boards last fall.  

I definitely remember 

2 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

"transfer portal" LOL!