• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

PatriotNation

Henry County Off-Season 2021

I figured I would go ahead and get this thread started. We are going to lose quite a few very good seniors but have several younger players that played big roles for us. 

Key Losses:

Jawon Odoms, Jermarcus Johnson, Rylan Perry, Jayden Kendall, Damian Rushing, Sam Sleadd, Jordan Elkins, Mekhi Sanders, Rodney Littleton, Sanchez Aldridge, Eli Bona, Darrius Stephens

Key Returners:

Ryan Damron, Caden Marshall, Norman Duncan, Zamariyon Kendall, Jayce Kendall, Luke Brown, Dre Hepner, Cam Collins, Randall Foster, Beau Mitchell, Aiden Harrod, Lewis Hudson, Drew Beaver

Edited by PatriotsNation

I’m not sure of your schedule but if it were me, I would play as many tough games as I could get.  You guys will have a cake walk to the semifinals every year if not to Cookeville.  Play as many 6A or Knoxville area 5A teams as possible.

1 hour ago, wave88 said:

I’m not sure of your schedule but if it were me, I would play as many tough games as I could get.  You guys will have a cake walk to the semifinals every year if not to Cookeville.  Play as many 6A or Knoxville area 5A teams as possible.

Although nothing is official I don't think. The games I have heard is Summit, Beech, Brentwood, South Gibson, and Paducah Tillman. 

3 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

Although nothing is official I don't think. The games I have heard is Summit, Beech, Brentwood, South Gibson, and Paducah Tillman. 

Those should be good in preparation for the 5A title.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Say what you want about HC, but they'll never have a year where you say they didn't play anybody

Yes sir.  Win or lose those games we will no doubt be battle tested against contending 6A schools. 

23 hours ago, wave88 said:

Maybe I’m a little biased, but Springfield will make it tougher than a cakewalk. I think we will be a little more competitive this time than we were the last time we were in 5A. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JacketLover said:

Maybe I’m a little biased, but Springfield will make it tougher than a cakewalk. I think we will be a little more competitive this time than we were the last time we were in 5A. 

I apologize to you and the Yellow Jacket faithful.  I meant zero disrespect to you guys.  I just think HC will have to be beaten before I believe they don’t have the easiest path to Cookeville.  I do hope you guys can/will prove me wrong.  Definitely one of my favorite matchups through the years has been Gallatin/Springfield.  Always a good game and gate.

2 hours ago, wave88 said:

I apologize to you and the Yellow Jacket faithful.  I meant zero disrespect to you guys.  I just think HC will have to be beaten before I believe they don’t have the easiest path to Cookeville.  I do hope you guys can/will prove me wrong.  Definitely one of my favorite matchups through the years has been Gallatin/Springfield.  Always a good game and gate.

No disrespect taken. I agree HC is the best until proven otherwise. I wish the Gallatin series would pick back up as well. 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2020 at 9:26 PM, JacketLover said:

No disrespect taken. I agree HC is the best until proven otherwise. I wish the Gallatin series would pick back up as well. 

On 12/6/2020 at 9:26 PM, JacketLover said:

On 12/6/2020 at 6:34 PM, wave88 said:

I too would love to see the Green Wave and Jackets play again on a regular basis 

On 12/4/2020 at 5:54 PM, SEC1rules said:

Is Wellington a senior? John Carter Olive and Will Overton will be back and played well this year.

Wellington is a Junior right now, i think Randall Foster and Dre Hepner can play very big roles this year possibly. They both seem pretty hungry to me. Several good players coming up, you got to love that!!