Fayetteville looks to be a 1A power for a while

DealLawyer

11 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

They’d get McKenzie in round 3 and McKenzie has already penciled in a rematch with us in the semis so no, I believe they will beat McKenzie next year if everything plays out good for them. 

long road still for us. It’ll be us and the Falcons on our side of the deal I believe 

:thumb:

14 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

No they could have not. Enjoy your state title. It was great and I am happy for City. The City team this year didn't just blow Lake County away. City is a good team and deserved the title this year but the City from last year could not hang. 

Yes they could, easily.

1 minute ago, phil24 said:

Yes they could, easily.

No. It would not have been close. I get it you guys just won the title. That is great and I am so happy for City but you team last year would not have not been able to stay on the field with last years Lake County team. It is a moot point but noway possible. Congratulations to the 2020 1A state champs. 1A will be interesting next year for sure. Peabody and McKenzie coming down will be tough. Any team that comes out of the west will be battle tested for sure. The east is in trouble for awhile whether they believe it or not. Again, congratulations to Fayetteville City. Great win. 

12 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Too bad Peabody is coming down to 1a.  Fc should petition to move to the east and they can play the tide in the finals.

So is McKenzie.  McKenzie pushed Peabody to the limit twice this year and they return just about everyone to their team in 2021.  They'll probably be the Preseason Favorite in 1A.

4 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

No. It would not have been close. I get it you guys just won the title. That is great and I am so happy for City but you team last year would not have not been able to stay on the field with last years Lake County team. It is a moot point but noway possible. Congratulations to the 2020 1A state champs. 1A will be interesting next year for sure. Peabody and McKenzie coming down will be tough. Any team that comes out of the west will be battle tested for sure. The east is in trouble for awhile whether they believe it or not. Again, congratulations to Fayetteville City. Great win. 

Fayetteville City doesn’t have a chance. I feel like I heard that before...Didn’t turn out well for those guys. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Richmond30 said:

Fayetteville City doesn’t have a chance. I feel like I heard that before...Didn’t turn out well for those guys. 

They were talking about last year and no Fayetteville would have not beat Lake County, Huntingdon, So. Pittsburg or Greenback last year. This year a different story enjoy the championship. You never know when the next one will come around.

3 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

They were talking about last year and no Fayetteville would have not beat Lake County, Huntingdon, So. Pittsburg or Greenback last year. This year a different story enjoy the championship. You never know when the next one will come around.

We agree but going forward, I think they will be in the conversation pretty much every year. Honey hole.

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Yes, they will for a few years. I look for them to be 2A in the not so distant future. Hats off to them.

All of 1A knows where the bar has been set!Peabody should be the Fav but if #3 for FC puts on another 10 to 15 pounds in offseason and they bring that physical line back those two will  make the earth shake when they play.The rest of us will be very content just to make the show.The west teams will look like 3A finalists!Time to get to work!

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

All of 1A knows where the bar has been set!Peabody should be the Fav but if #3 for FC puts on another 10 to 15 pounds in offseason and they bring that physical line back those two will  make the earth shake when they play.The rest of us will be very content just to make the show.The west teams will look like 3A finalists!Time to get to work!

I don’t know that much about the 2A teams but which class do you think will be tougher to win the next 2 years...1A or 2A?