1A 2021

lakecounty1968

Who do you guys think will be the top programs in 1A next season?

In the west 

1 Peabody

2 Fayetteville

2 McKenzie

3 Lake County

In the east

1. So. Pittsburg

2. Gordonsville

3. Greenback

4. Coalfield

Who are some sleepers and who have I missed? Moore County, Cornersville, Oliver Springs, Cloudland? What's everyone's take on 1A in 2021.

2 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

In the west 

1 Peabody

2 Fayetteville

2 McKenzie

3 Lake County

In the east

1. So. Pittsburg

2. Gordonsville

3. Greenback

4. Coalfield

Who are some sleepers and who have I missed? Moore County, Cornersville, Oliver Springs, Cloudland? What's everyone's take on 1A in 2021.

Going in this is what I expect as well! 

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

In the west 

1 Peabody

2 Fayetteville

2 McKenzie

3 Lake County

In the east

1. So. Pittsburg

2. Gordonsville

3. Greenback

4. Coalfield

My take is that the West is gonna be a bloodbath

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

In the west 

1 Peabody

2 Fayetteville

2 McKenzie

3 Lake County

In the east

1. So. Pittsburg

2. Gordonsville

3. Greenback

4. Coalfield

No sleepers in the West and East will be a 1 horse race with 3 teams pretty much equal.I think you nailed it.

On 12/5/2020 at 11:49 AM, lakecounty1968 said:

In the west 

1 Peabody

2 Fayetteville

2 McKenzie

3 Lake County

In the east

1. So. Pittsburg

2. Gordonsville

3. Greenback

4. Coalfield

Statistically, Cornersville best team they have ever had from flag to middle school,(only lost 1 game, all the way up )  is finally sophomores and Juniors now. They would definitely be in my top 4 in the west.

Peabody has to be the clear favorites with winning 2A the last 3 years and moving down a classification. 

Although Huntington had better success in 2A than 1A when they moved down before. Huntington has to be the favorites to win the weakened 2A west next year also. 

Fayetteville will be good again next year with tons of talent returning. But does the running stay or leave is a big question?

South Pittsburg should win the east easy unless Greenback gets some Alcoa or Maryville rejects. 

Edited by dawgswin
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, dawgswin said:

Statistically, Cornersville best team they have ever had from flag to middle school,(only lost 1 game, all the way up )  is finally sophomores and Juniors now. They would definitely be in my top 4 in the west.

Peabody has to be the clear favorites with winning 2A the last 3 years and moving down a classification. 

Although Huntington had better success in 2A than 1A when they moved down before. Huntington has to be the favorites to win the weakened 2A west next year also. 

Fayetteville will be good again next year with tons of talent returning. But does the running stay or leave is a big question?

South Pittsburg should win the east easy unless Greenback gets some Alcoa or Maryville rejects. 

Our success in 1A isn’t as good as it has been in 2A (Peabody) I actually see Westview in that 2A region making noise. I just think their team is more of a 2A built team instead of 3A. We will play a better schedule so that will get some of the newer guys stepping in and filling the roles for the graduated senior class some good experience to get better

1A in the west will be tough for sure, don’t forget McKenzie they have the house coming back that was their core this year so them and Fayetteville from region 6 and I believe Fayetteville is region 5 should duke it out in the third round. Us and Lake County will be on the other side I believe will be the 3rd round game next year