1A 2021

lakecounty1968

10 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

There are similar threads like this one started every year after the championship games. No one and I mean absolutely no one on these boards had Fayetteville mentioned as a team to win it all. Could it be there is a team out there that wins it all nine of us are thinking about. 

Nothing know! What if one of those Memphis teams put together an all star team in 1A? We shall see 

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

There are similar threads like this one started every year after the championship games. No one and I mean absolutely no one on these boards had Fayetteville mentioned as a team to win it all. Could it be there is a team out there that wins it all nine of us are thinking about. 

Maybe so, but it's not like their season was completely out of left field. They had a great season going in 2019 before they had to forfeit games

8 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

Our success in 1A isn’t as good as it has been in 2A (Peabody) I actually see Westview in that 2A region making noise. I just think their team is more of a 2A built team instead of 3A. We will play a better schedule so that will get some of the newer guys stepping in and filling the roles for the graduated senior class some good experience to get better

1A in the west will be tough for sure, don’t forget McKenzie they have the house coming back that was their core this year so them and Fayetteville from region 6 and I believe Fayetteville is region 5 should duke it out in the third round. Us and Lake County will be on the other side I believe will be the 3rd round game next year 

McKenzie will return 11 players on offense that had significant playing time and all 11 started at one point in the season.  

On defense, we will return 6.  We will hurt on defense losing Barnett, Lyles, Boaz, Christian, and Surber.  I hope we get back a couple of going to be juniors who did not play this year but contributed alot as Freshman.  

Our schedule concerns me.  Huntingdon, Chester Co, South Fulton, Obion, Perry Co, West Carroll, Dresden, Gleason, Bruceton, and McEwen.   We are top heavy and sort of hit the Hostess factory on the end. 

10 hours ago, dawgswin said:

Statistically, Cornersville best team they have ever had from flag to middle school,(only lost 1 game, all the way up )  is finally sophomores and Juniors now. They would definitely be in my top 4 in the west.

Peabody has to be the clear favorites with winning 2A the last 3 years and moving down a classification. 

Although Huntington had better success in 2A than 1A when they moved down before. Huntington has to be the favorites to win the weakened 2A west next year also. 

Fayetteville will be good again next year with tons of talent returning. But does the running stay or leave is a big question?

South Pittsburg should win the east easy unless Greenback gets some Alcoa or Maryville rejects. 

Gordy has some players coming back including no 11 an the qb.

9 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Local people familiar with the program have said many times over the previous two seasons this team was loaded. I've followed 1A and 2A football in TN for decades and this group looks like they have 4A talent when they take the field. They were 10-0 last season when TSSAA royally screwed the program right before the playoffs. That's why there was so much outrage and threats of lawsuits in 2019. Only knock on the team is they will have to overcome 100 yards per game in penalties and they play down to their competition at times. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

McKenzie will return 11 players on offense that had significant playing time and all 11 started at one point in the season.  

On defense, we will return 6.  We will hurt on defense losing Barnett, Lyles, Boaz, Christian, and Surber.  I hope we get back a couple of going to be juniors who did not play this year but contributed alot as Freshman.  

Our schedule concerns me.  Huntingdon, Chester Co, South Fulton, Obion, Perry Co, West Carroll, Dresden, Gleason, Bruceton, and McEwen.   We are top heavy and sort of hit the Hostess factory on the end. 

Who was number 43 that played against us at de ?  He wasn’t on the roster

Lake County returns 4 sophomore linemen, 2 sophomore backs, QB will be a sophomore. Many thought he should have started this year. Both receivers are back. Return 7 on defense. Lake County had an excellent middle school team. Hopefully get a few more out of the hallways. The stable is far from bare in LC. Lake County will be just fine and be a top 4 to 8 team in the state. Peabody is the favorite but LC will be in the hunt for the next several years. The west for the next 2 years will be very difficult. The east not so much. So. Pitt, Greenback? Gordonsville? East bracket much easier to navigate imo.

1 minute ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Lake County returns 4 sophomore linemen, 2 sophomore backs, QB will be a sophomore. Many thought he should have started this year. Both receivers are back. Return 7 on defense. Lake County had an excellent middle school team. Hopefully get a few more out of the hallways. The stable is far from bare in LC. Lake County will be just fine and be a top 4 to 8 team in the state. Peabody is the favorite but LC will be in the hunt for the next several years. The west for the next 2 years will be very difficult. The east not so much. So. Pitt, Greenback? Gordonsville? East bracket much easier to navigate imo.

Yep Coalfield or GB will host Pitt or Gordy in Semis.

7 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Yep Coalfield or GB will host Pitt or Gordy in Semis.

In the West, you really can’t make a prediction like that this upcoming season. In 2A in the west you very well could make a solid prediction for that. 1A will be tougher than 2A in the West by a long shot, some might say “gonna be easier in 1A” I don’t think so 2A in west should be a cake walk for Huntingdon or Westview 

4 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

In the West, you really can’t make a prediction like that this upcoming season. In 2A in the west you very well could make a solid prediction for that. 1A will be tougher than 2A in the West by a long shot, some might say “gonna be easier in 1A” I don’t think so 2A in west should be a cake walk for Huntingdon or Westview 

I agree. That Westview/Huntingdon game will be a good one.