1A 2021

lakecounty1968

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

Pitt has a bunch of great posters on here but they are always overrated ! New coach will change it up ,if he stays predictable then they will have a lot more silver ! The talent is there just hasn’t been utilized IMO! I know thems fighting words for some ,but it is what it is !

I love the back and forth with the south pitt fans. Some are knowledge fanatics some are delusional. I could get Alzheimer's but will never forget them claiming to have 6 Mr Football worthy players on their team. 

• Like 1

Just now, WarEagleCartman said:

I love the back and forth with the south pitt fans. Some are knowledge fanatics some are delusional. I could get Alzheimer's but will never forget them claiming to have 6 Mr Football worthy players on their team. 

Lol I remember the argument 

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

I disagree about your game sir ! I just watched the game the other day ! Y’all just played better ! McKenzie is a good squad but didn’t have the talent or depth of us! We shot iurselves in the foot multiple times, can’t do that against a good team that’s coach know your game plan well ! City is well on there way to program recognition! Y’all gotta focus on keeping g the coaching staff happy !!!!

GL to y’all until we meet if we do !!!!!

Thanks man. I agree we were better that day. 99% of posters thought it was going to be a mercy rule bc of what SP did to every other 1A team they played. My point was you don’t have to be better all season if are the better team that day. Good luck to y’all this year. I think we both have a really tough schedule. I’m hoping to see y’all in person against Milan. 

• Like 2

I think the west is absolutely loaded this season. I think the east only has 2 schools that can reach the state championship game. That would be So. Pittsburg and Gordonsville with So. Pittsburg being the strong favorite. In the West Peabody is the solid favorite. Fayetteville on their heels. McKenzie and Lake County will have the teams to know them off on a giving night. I think all four in the west could win the 1A title with really only So. Pittsburg in the east. All five of those schools should be ranked 1 through 5 but we know it want happen that way. LC has a very tough schedule that could leave the Falcons with some regular season loses. LC will be a very tough out in the post season barring Injury or that ugly word covid.

20 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Pitt has a bunch of great posters on here but they are always overrated ! New coach will change it up ,if he stays predictable then they will have a lot more silver ! The talent is there just hasn’t been utilized IMO! I know thems fighting words for some ,but it is what it is !

Nothing but truth spoken here. I believe our new coach is already doing the things necessary for change, but I'm realistic in saying the Gold goes through several possible teams in the West, with Peabody the favorite. 

14 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I think the west is absolutely loaded this season. I think the east only has 2 schools that can reach the state championship game. That would be So. Pittsburg and Gordonsville with So. Pittsburg being the strong favorite. In the West Peabody is the solid favorite. Fayetteville on their heels. McKenzie and Lake County will have the teams to know them off on a giving night. I think all four in the west could win the 1A title with really only So. Pittsburg in the east. All five of those schools should be ranked 1 through 5 but we know it want happen that way. LC has a very tough schedule that could leave the Falcons with some regular season loses. LC will be a very tough out in the post season barring Injury or that ugly word covid.

You nailed it!

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Fayetteville and Peabody also have strong schedules. 8 of Fayetteville’s 10 games are against teams listed in the top 15s in Friday Night Main Event’s polls. So you are right…reg season polls might have several schools with soft schedules and easy wins. But I’ll trade reg season wins for postseason wins every day. 

9 minutes ago, Richmond30 said:

Fayetteville and Peabody also have strong schedules. 8 of Fayetteville’s 10 games are against teams listed in the top 15s in Friday Night Main Event’s polls. So you are right…reg season polls might have several schools with soft schedules and easy wins. But I’ll trade reg season wins for postseason wins every day. 

That's our thinking too. Heck our best playoff runs have came off 6-4 and 7-3 seasons. 

29 minutes ago, Richmond30 said:

PHS could easily drop 3 and still be the team we think they are ! Schedules like these are built to be ready for a tough postseason! That flat out shows the respect our coach has for the competition he know we will see in the playoffs !!!

On 7/22/2021 at 12:59 PM, Richmond30 said:

Peabody has been back to back to back champs in a higher classification, so there are currently 2 champs. And although they are both really good this year, McKenzie and Lake Co have a good chance to knock them out before they could meet in the semis. Just hope everyone stays healthy so we can see best vs best….whoever that may be. 

Ohhhh we're talking about that Peabody... Interesting