4 Red Boiling Springs

Sleepers: Sunbright, Sale Creek and Pickett County

West

1 South Fulton

2 Bluff City

3 Halls

4 Gleason

Sleepers: Westwood, Perry County and McEwen

You forgot Hancock County and Lookout Valley in the East and Middleton and Memphis Business in the west. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 12:26 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

There are similar threads like this one started every year after the championship games. No one and I mean absolutely no one on these boards had Fayetteville mentioned as a team to win it all. Could it be there is a team out there that wins it all nine of us are thinking about. 

Maybe thinking about but still could be a surprise....no telling what the off season will bring!

Edited by team69

On 12/7/2020 at 1:26 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

There are similar threads like this one started every year after the championship games. No one and I mean absolutely no one on these boards had Fayetteville mentioned as a team to win it all. Could it be there is a team out there that wins it all nine of us are thinking about. 

Don't forget the Whitwell Tyggers in 2018.

8 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Whitwell was thought to be the second best team that season behind Greenback... However, Greenback’s stud RB left, then the stud WR got hurt. Whitwell pulled the upset and got it done. Destiny at its finest...

LRDAO.... Barney is you been under a skillet attack? Them pickup truck fellars went and orchestrated mid season and stole that Rankin mans best runner to the fake honey hole.  I garuntee their was no drop off.  You think im joking but im not. 

One thing I do know for certain, and that is 14,15,16,17 and 18 year old kids can wake up in a different world from day to day, so you might have a stud playing now that falls in love or just decides, hey, I'm tired of playing sports, and then your season you thought you were going to have goes in the tank. Then if you get 4-5 quality players that do the same, well, you know where I'm going with this. I guess just don't count your chickens before they hatch. 

16 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Whitwell was thought to be the second best team that season behind Greenback... However, Greenback’s stud RB left, then the stud WR got hurt. Whitwell pulled the upset and got it done. Destiny at its finest...

SP really shouldn't have let them hang around to pull it out in 2 OT in the 3rd round.  They were able to convert on 4th and a country mile several times late in the game.

5 hours ago, rlh said:

SP really shouldn't have let them hang around to pull it out in 2 OT in the 3rd round.  They were able to convert on 4th and a country mile several times late in the game.

Should have rested your stud fullback instead of playing both ways. He was killing them at the beginning but got wore out at the end. I would have resting him for offense. Just my opinion which is too late 

On 12/22/2020 at 10:43 PM, TheAmbassador said:

He’s just got good sense. Peabody was 21 better than SP this season. Marion caught a break when they left 2A. Nobody is touching them the next two years. No difference in the way Alcoa torments 3A and Peabody will in 1A. Think about it.. 3 time defending state champion moves down a class. LMBO... It’s theirs to lose to make it 5 in a row within 2 years. 

There's at least 2 teams out west who can challenge Peabody personally I believe 3 with Lake County. (Really talent isn't the question). Peabody lost what 4 or 5 starters off their offensive line and that was the heart and soul of their team. Add in guys like the DL Braxton Johnson RB lb Vaughn that's a lot of physicality to replace. They do bring back a lot of skill position players and their superior talent will win them a lot of games alone. But to get back to gold the offensive line will have to grow up by the end of the season. Also wanted to add in Baskerville will probably be the best DE in 1 or 2A

12 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

There's at least 2 teams out west who can challenge Peabody personally I believe 3 with Lake County. (Really talent isn't the question). Peabody lost what 4 or 5 starters off their offensive line and that was the heart and soul of their team. Add in guys like the DL Braxton Johnson RB lb Vaughn that's a lot of physicality to replace. They do bring back a lot of skill position players and their superior talent will win them a lot of games alone. But to get back to gold the offensive line will have to grow up by the end of the season. Also wanted to add in Baskerville will probably be the best DE in 1 or 2A

Center and and 2 tackles. Vaughn didn’t run the ball more than 3-4 times a game except 2 games mckenzie and meigs. Baskerville is good and our other de is  real good too. Burkett returns at middle linebacker and I’m guessing he will take up the duties as our short yardage back. I don’t think there will be any enjoyment in tackling him.  As far as the line goes there were players on the sideline that were real big. I guess we will get to see how good they are. I know the sophomore class was I believe undefeated as 8th graders. I’m thinking there are some good lineman in that class.