TSSAA-1 Covid-0

GWAVE1

Yes there were hiccups but this season got played.  Thank you to the TSSAA for making this happen even among all the fear mongering.  

Remember all those that posted about it shutting down in the season or it would never start up.... thank you for being wrong!!  

Be safe, be smart, wear the mask and social distance when possible.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMEN!  I'm glad that we have reached this day and that the 2020 TN High School Football Season was played.  I hate it for the kids at McMinn County who had to forfeit their second round playoff game a few weeks ago.  Thank goodness that those cases were not the majority and that the games were decided on the field.  The kids got to experience a great season.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Yes there were hiccups but this season got played.  Thank you to the TSSAA for making this happen even among all the fear mongering.  

Remember all those that posted about it shutting down in the season or it would never start up.... thank you for being wrong!!  

I wasn't against playing, but I remember thinking the chances of having a full season IMO were slim. Glad to be wrong

• Upvote 1

On 12/6/2020 at 5:29 AM, abo14 said:

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but..... I am ecstatic that we go football and other fall sports in but doesnt that make the score Covid 2 TSSAA 1? We lost postseason basketball and spring sports to Covid.

No this is only football related.  Sorry about the other sports but this is only referring to football and the opinions/facts attributed to it not getting played this past season.

On 12/5/2020 at 12:40 PM, GWAVE1 said:

Nice post. I'm happy we had the season we did as well.  It was huge for the many players  that got to play and sad for those that got left behind. As you say,there is also absolutely nothing wrong with being smart either. We all know kids will be kids and some older people wouldn't give a tinkers Fort Patrick Henry Dam if wearing a mask or anything else,helped you or themselves,they still wouldn't do it. That said,as someone who has dealt with it in my own  batcave,anyone who has family or friends that are just not in position to live through Covid, should take every precaution and atleast respect their lives. 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2020 at 11:40 AM, GWAVE1 said:

To take this one step further... here's to hoping that those in power have learned enough to allow the winter and spring sports to have the opportunity to try. IMO it was a shame that the tournament was shut down last spring, with no reasoning other than the fear of the unknown.