Refs this weekend...

Kevin38

1 hour ago, Goldenpride said:

Being fair here, the refs in our game made bad calls for both teams and missed calls for both. The kid from Meigs that blatantly ran over  our holder on the last kick should’ve been ejected 

You know I am not taking sides for ANY team, I have no dog in the fight for any of the games, I am a fan and like to see good games on championship weekend...

It just seemed like to me, every time the losing team would make a play at a pivotal point that would make the game more interesting, there would be some flag for something petty...

Now if my team is in it I just want to win period, I want to game in the bag as quickly as possible, BUT for the 99% of the rest of us setting at home watching on TV, we want to see decent competition, this year for example, 1 out of the 6 games were really worth watching, I personally dont care for, nor watch the private schools.....

Edited by Kevin38

3 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

It all started with the Unsportsmanlike calls in the CPA/DL game.  Officials are way too involved in these games.  Meigs County had a TD stolen from them early in this game on a phantom chop block call and it totally changed the landscape of the 2A game.  That's very unfortunate to say the least.

Might have been a bad call but it did not affect the final outcome of the game. Geez they called Peabody for illegal procedure 3 out of the first 5 plays.

Plus as good as Meigs was on defense, they were not going to stop Peabody from running the football.

2 hours ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Apparently and I could be wrong but I heard the “illegal conference” was a new rule in place that was COVID related with distancing and masks?  Now the difference in 5 and 15 makes no sense.

I am not being argumentative BUT if the players can huddle after each play how Is it a penalty to huddle during a timeout.  I personally didn’t see this called all year.  I must admit this is a strange rule

Edited by TheCommissioner

2 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

I am not being argumentative BUT if the players can huddle after each play how Is it a penalty to huddle during a timeout.  I personally didn’t see this called all year.  I must admit this is a strange rule

I think it’s a call on the coaches not wearing masks.  I do not agree with the rule.  I believe it was a new rule put in place this year and not enforced until that ref got his moment of glory lol

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

I think it’s a call on the coaches not wearing masks.  I do not agree with the rule.  I believe it was a new rule put in place this year and not enforced until that ref got his moment of glory lol

Ok, thanks for straightening me out.  The ref’s seem  to make sure that they got plenty of face tine on camera in this game.  It was hard to get much flows because of all the laundry on the field 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

It all started with the Unsportsmanlike calls in the CPA/DL game.  Officials are way too involved in these games.  Meigs County had a TD stolen from them early in this game on a phantom chop block call and it totally changed the landscape of the 2A game.  That's very unfortunate to say the least.

Yep, Thursday started with the officials being the only people in the stadium that did not know which way the ball was to be kicked off...

And the white hat never had the right number and sometimes even the right team.  He didn’t call several obvious  penalties right in front of him but yet they found something on every score. 

it was bizarre.