Hampton 2021

uknoit2

2 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Yes, they can't be considered "transfers".

Considering others, none of those took Hampton as far as we've gone with boys from right here....and no we're not an athletic magnet. 

People used to give cloudland down the road for "recruiting"  from avery county.  Paul Laws, Eric Hicks, Averil Cooper, Allen Storie, Brandon Jones, and Keith Buchannun  are the only transfers I can think of.  Cooper was the only transfer when I played my 4 years and he was a lineman.  We had a 34-6 record from 91-94. 

1 hour ago, uknoit2 said:

Shoot, been around long enuf to know not to stick my chest out there too far...Kids can always look good, but we've destroyed teams that "look" the part but weren't LOL

Just messing with ya. Thought it was a little funny. B)

34 minutes ago, THE KING said:

People used to give cloudland down the road for "recruiting"  from avery county.  Paul Laws, Eric Hicks, Averil Cooper, Allen Storie, Brandon Jones, and Keith Buchannun  are the only transfers I can think of.  Cooper was the only transfer when I played my 4 years and he was a lineman.  We had a 34-6 record from 91-94. 

Joey Johnson was a good one.

2 minutes ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

I  know this is Hampton thread but just seen where Coach Lambert from Oneida resigned and looks like he will be heading to the University of the Cumberlands. 

WOW, hate to hear that but I fully expected him to unite with his partner at the Cumberlands. Very close friends.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 10:34 AM, THE KING said:

I played on the team with Paul laws,Eric hicks,we also had Jonathan beam,Paul was told he was too small to play in the line for Avery,comes down to cloudland and gets offensive lineman of the yr,also Dean Hagie,Jamie Pritchard as well.a lot of times kids from a very are told they just don't fit or can't play a position

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2021 at 9:05 PM, IMDog said:

I played on the team with Paul laws,Eric hicks,we also had Jonathan beam,Paul was told he was too small to play in the line for Avery,comes down to cloudland and gets offensive lineman of the yr,also Dean Hagie,Jamie Pritchard as well.a lot of times kids from a very are told they just don't fit or can't play a position

Brandon Jones was our biggest grab :mrgreen: