Transfers

lakecounty1968

5 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

So who can answer the original question? How many transfers did so Pitt start in the state championship game? Would be interesting to know. 

who was the highest finishing team with no transfers at all? lets say no kids can transfer after they initially enroll in kindergarten? any of them have no transfers post pre-k?

15 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Ok so I’m gonna play devil’s advocate here. Just for conversation purposes. Several years ago Tanner Snyder leaves LC for a couple years and then transfers back. Should he have to sit out a year in your opinion??

Snyder left for his freshman year and yes he should have sit out. His mother become principal at the elementary school. If not for that he would have stayed in Dyersburg. 

2 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Snyder left for his freshman year and yes he should have sit out. His mother become principal at the elementary school. If not for that he would have stayed in Dyersburg. 

I knew why he left and why he came back. I stated that in a later post. I just don’t think he should have had to sit out. The kid did not transfer for football reasons. He essentially didn’t have a choice. I don’t think any kid should be punished when they have to move and they have no choice. 

22 hours ago, tradertwo said:

This man gets it! School sports are useful in the development of children into adults... they teach that discipline, preparation, and hard work equal success. They create an atmosphere where young, impressionable people are provided with positive role models to emulate, and supply them with a time consuming outlet for their endless energy that could otherwise be "replaced" by bad influences or idle time and less than ideal pursuits. The main focus of Tide21's post is that sports are for the kids, not for us fans, and not for the purpose of winning trophies. I totally understand the transfer rules as they stand, and agree that if there were no consequences for moving that it would be rampant (refer to Memphis), but adding any additional restrictions that make it harder for kids to enjoy sports would only hurt the ones who have little or no choice... I have learned that the more rules implemented for the purpose of "fair play", the better opportunity for a select few to use them to their advantage. 

In my opinion, the rules are just right regarding transferring, but that TSSAA could (and should) do a little better at investigating infractions and applying penalties when the rules are intentionally broken.

I agree that sports are for the kids. That's without question. The transfers are usually adult driven. I get some programs will take any step necessary to achieve the end goal. Imo there is more pride taken if it's homegrown kids winning championships for their hometown's. Not all agree that's fine. We all have our on opinions.

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I knew why he left and why he came back. I stated that in a later post. I just don’t think he should have had to sit out. The kid did not transfer for football reasons. He essentially didn’t have a choice. I don’t think any kid should be punished when they have to move and they have no choice. 

I understand exactly what you are saying. There are circumstances when transfers are necessary no doubt but not to the degree that goes on at alot of bigger schools. No, I am not pointing finger at anyone. My opinions are just in general.

2 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I understand exactly what you are saying. There are circumstances when transfers are necessary no doubt but not to the degree that goes on at alot of bigger schools. No, I am not pointing finger at anyone. My opinions are just in general.

I agree. The thing to do I guess would be to have someone within the tssaa evaluate transfers on a case by case basis. But that would be incredibly time consuming.  Don’t know if it would be feasible. 

2 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree. The thing to do I guess would be to have someone within the tssaa evaluate transfers on a case by case basis. But that would be incredibly time consuming.  Don’t know if it would be feasible. 

It's a great idea but like you said it would be to time consuming. Congratulations to Milan this year. West Tennessee football is alot better when Milan is good.