Oak Ridge Basketball 2020/21

STILLNUM1

7 hours ago, chill said:

Jeremy Miller played against Kingston when Oak Ridge lost. Milloway was absent vs Kingston & Mo East. Miller missed Stone & Concord. Alcoa was missing 6/5 wing & all state WR Braden Anderson last night. Webb was missing  Sr. David Sankey last night. It is a part of this year. 

Thank you for that news. You have your finger all over high school basketball.

On 12/25/2020 at 5:51 PM, Turtle said:

Let's not make that an excuse!  No matter how many dressed, they still had a chance to win but didn't.  However, I was just asking a question because Kingston is leading their district right now with a win over Fulton so that speak volumes about that program.  Once the season starts back up, will AG reach back out to Kingston for a rematch ?  

How is talking about missing half a team an excuse.These games early in year is mainly practice and to see where your team is.I think Kingston has a good team this year but surely you dont think it means as much as if they both played with all their players.I dont see any Oak Ridge people worried about it.I thought it was good for backups to get good reps vs a good team.I would like to see them play again but I doubt AG is worried about rematch but if he thinks it would help his team he might.

• Upvote 1

Oak Ridge falls to 8 - 2 on the season after losing to Greeneville 51 - 45 tonight. Greenville is an aggressive, good shooting team that crashed the boards hard. Oak Ridge is out of sync and still looking for their identity. It will just take effort and time.

Oak Ridge can't rest because on Wednesday, Webb is the opponent at 7:30.

MY APOLOGIES...While watching tonight's Greeneville and OR game, it came to me that last night I posted a lot of errors. I got Oak Ridge players name's wrong on several messages, ect. I will try and do better.

1 hour ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Oak Ridge falls to 8 - 2 on the season after losing to Greeneville 51 - 45 tonight. Greenville is an aggressive, good shooting team that crashed the boards hard. Oak Ridge is out of sync and still looking for their identity. It will just take effort and time.

Oak Ridge can't rest because on Wednesday, Webb is the opponent at 7:30.

MY APOLOGIES...While watching tonight's Greeneville and OR game, it came to me that last night I posted a lot of errors. I got Oak Ridge players name's wrong on several messages, ect. I will try and do better.

Thanks for the updates and we can read between the lines

• Thanks 1

The Cats are struggling right now. Even in their recent wins I haven’t been very impressed, to be honest, except for the Clinton game. Everyone, including Coach Green is kinda baffled by it. They haven’t looked right since that Clinton game really. Just no cohesion on offense and the guys are playing individually instead of as a team. Lots of room for improvement though.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, SweetScience said:

The Cats are struggling right now. Even in their recent wins I haven’t been very impressed, to be honest, except for the Clinton game. Everyone, including Coach Green is kinda baffled by it. They haven’t looked right since that Clinton game really. Just no cohesion on offense and the guys are playing individually instead of as a team. Lots of room for improvement though.

I agree and its really odd.Good news is they have the talent to be really good.They just cant seem to find a groove.Im hoping because they have had guys out at different times so much that they just need time together to mesh and figure it out.It seems like they havent had the full team all playing but maybe 3 games.And on top of that coach Green not coaching the last 2 or 3 games adds to the crazy.We have good players and good coach that always has them playing good when it matters most.Way better problem than having bad players and trying to figure out how to scheme up wins

• Like 1

2 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I agree and its really odd.Good news is they have the talent to be really good.They just cant seem to find a groove.Im hoping because they have had guys out at different times so much that they just need time together to mesh and figure it out.It seems like they havent had the full team all playing but maybe 3 games.And on top of that coach Green not coaching the last 2 or 3 games adds to the crazy.We have good players and good coach that always has them playing good when it matters most.Way better problem than having bad players and trying to figure out how to scheme up wins

Agree 100%. 

I think there are a lot of different factors. All teams are probably dealing with some kind of issues though, especially with the environment we have going on now, like Chill said, just part of it right now. By the way, I’m not knocking Slater at all because I think he’s a really good PG and will only get better, but there’s no doubt we’re missing Isaiah Johnson from last season. Not just his abilities, but I think he was a quiet SR leader who led by example. I admit, I didn’t realize just how good he was but he was really good.

Edited by SweetScience

5 hours ago, SweetScience said:

By the way, I’m not knocking Slater at all because I think he’s a really good PG and will only get better, but there’s no doubt we’re missing Isaiah Johnson from last season. Not just his abilities, but I think he was a quiet SR leader who led by example. I admit, I didn’t realize just how good he was but he was really good.

Slater will be a beast when needed... He's a really good player and when he gets locked in, no one can stop him.  Where's Green been?