Trenton Peabody 2021

PeabodyPride

49 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

I would argue Milan has a better chance in 4 A but 4 A has really been dominated by the East for a bit hasn’t it ? No slouches anywhere this year coming up ! Only classification that took a overall hit is 2 A with tops teams dropping down ! And that’s no knock on the 2A programs like Meigs H20 or TC 

But I do agree that 4A winning a gold ball is possible but I don’t know that their chance is necessarily better. From the second round on in 4A Milan will have an absolute street fight each week. In 3A Milan would have cruised to the semis and with Pearl gone they probably wouldn’t have been challenged there either. 4A will be much tougher to get to the title game. But if we get there it is winnable. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Well Jacobs and everyone else can say what they want then. We all know Trenton went down to have an easier region by playing Greenfield and West Carroll.  See how that works. Come on man. In all seriousness we are both grown men. The gossip is like some middle school lunch table stuff.  I trust your coach and Diffee both to do what’s best for their programs and I believe what comes out of their mouth. But anyone who wants to insinuate stuff is just being juvenile. That’s all I will say about it. Think what you want bro. 

I’m not insinuating anything. I’m also not gossiping. Don’t get butthurt. I’ve discussed what I just stated with no one. It’s simply my opinion and you know what they say about opinions right ? 

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

Woooo!   It’s coming…. Is 1a ready ? 

I know I’m pumped and ready for football season to start 

No more ready than 2 A has been for a few years ! This team will again improve over last year !! I know I know “Prides so cocky” Cocky was like 2013 I have officially moved on to confident of capabilities of this Staff,team and town to keep winning GoldBalls ! Until we don’t just  Ride The Wave with us  !!!! Spend a day with our Team and it is very evident what we have is Golden !!!!

On 6/9/2021 at 6:54 PM, PeabodyPride said:

I would argue Milan has a better chance in 4 A but 4 A has really been dominated by the East for a bit hasn’t it ? No slouches anywhere this year coming up ! Only classification that took a overall hit is 2 A with tops teams dropping down ! And that’s no knock on the 2A programs like Meigs H20 or TC 

I have no fight in this, but Milan jumping to 4A make sense for the Bulldogs. Peabody dropping to 1A doesn’t make sense. It would put y’all in the same region as Westview and Huntingdon. I’m taking that Jacobs preferred not to play both schools in a region game, and elected to play both schools in a non-district game. 
Jacobs had the option of playing either Camden, Union City, Westview, and Huntingdon, or Halls, Greenfield, Humboldt, and a West Carroll team that is sliding faster than a mud-slide. 
That’s the obvious decision maker for me. Y’all went from one of the smallest 2A schools in the state and did just fine. Don’t understand why made the switch because y’all lost about 5-10 students, and squeezed into the largest 1A school at the maximum students allowed. I wish Peabody the best. 

6 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I have no fight in this, but Milan jumping to 4A make sense for the Bulldogs. Peabody dropping to 1A doesn’t make sense. It would put y’all in the same region as Westview and Huntingdon. I’m taking that Jacobs preferred not to play both schools in a region game, and elected to play both schools in a non-district game. 
Jacobs had the option of playing either Camden, Union City, Westview, and Huntingdon, or Halls, Greenfield, Humboldt, and a West Carroll team that is sliding faster than a mud-slide. 
That’s the obvious decision maker for me. Y’all went from one of the smallest 2A schools in the state and did just fine. Don’t understand why made the switch because y’all lost about 5-10 students, and squeezed into the largest 1A school at the maximum students allowed. I wish Peabody the best. 

Tell the biggest school in 2a they should move to 3a. Tssaa said we had the numbers. Peabody teeters between the 2 everytime there is a reclassification. Trousdale guys on here were chomping at the bit and wanted to go back to 1a.  Look at Peabody’s schedule. If we stayed in 2a we would have had to pay memphis schools to play us to finish the schedule.  He said it was either last year or the year before it was July till we got a 10th game. 

33 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Tell the biggest school in 2a they should move to 3a. Tssaa said we had the numbers. Peabody teeters between the 2 everytime there is a reclassification. Trousdale guys on here were chomping at the bit and wanted to go back to 1a.  Look at Peabody’s schedule. If we stayed in 2a we would have had to pay memphis schools to play us to finish the schedule.  He said it was either last year or the year before it was July till we got a 10th game. 

We play it by ear, would we have liked to have went back to 1A? Sure, it would have been a easier road to Cookeville, I mean Chattanooga lol.  2A quad 2 is the toughest quadrant by far in 2A or 1A.  You guys enjoy it though, you have earned the right, and until someone outworks you guys, ya'll will continue to be on top! Best of luck this year bud.:thumb:

1 hour ago, TCRadio said:

We play it by ear, would we have liked to have went back to 1A? Sure, it would have been a easier road to Cookeville, I mean Chattanooga lol.  2A quad 2 is the toughest quadrant by far in 2A or 1A.  You guys enjoy it though, you have earned the right, and until someone outworks you guys, ya'll will continue to be on top! Best of luck this year bud.:thumb:

Thank you the guys work hard. There were several tc guys saying before the reclassification that trousdale was going to 1a where they belonged that’s where I came to my conclusion 

3 hours ago, Tide21 said:

If we stayed in 2a we would have had to pay memphis schools to play us to finish the schedule.  

Here is where you contradict yourself. You mention look at Peabody’s schedule. Not wanting to have to pay Memphis teams and having fewer non region games to fill. I said literally the same thing two days ago and you said we moved to run from Alcoa. Yes you said you were sure there were other reasons but 95% of them were Alcoa. Truth be told schools during reclassification can declare to move up at any time. Jacobs and Diffee both waited to see the potential regions and then made a decision based on travel and money. None of it had to do with Playing lesser competition In Peabody’s case and running from Alcoa in Milan’s case. It’s just plain silly to think otherwise. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

1 minute ago, PeabodyPride said:

Gonna be a good tough scrimmage season ! Can’t wait for you to see some of the changes in position of our returning starters , whew doggie wait till you se me this monster line and quick too !!!

Peabody will be tough no doubt. Milan Peabody game West Tennessee will be there. Looking forward personally to see the Baskerville kid at RB some. Heard that we might see that. Milan game will be a war. Milan I predict will be tougher in year two of their new coach. Peabody has sure enough been pushing them around the last few years. Brown kid is at receiver now right?? He played QB last year in your game. Peabody’s secondary will get a test right out of the gate.