Trenton Peabody 2021

PeabodyPride

15 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Tell the biggest school in 2a they should move to 3a. Tssaa said we had the numbers. Peabody teeters between the 2 everytime there is a reclassification. Trousdale guys on here were chomping at the bit and wanted to go back to 1a.  Look at Peabody’s schedule. If we stayed in 2a we would have had to pay memphis schools to play us to finish the schedule.  He said it was either last year or the year before it was July till we got a 10th game. 

I'm not buying that it's for "regular season purposes." I have my opinion, but I really do believe it's do to the path to Chattanooga is much easier in 1A than it is in 2A. For Milan's case, the path is much more difficult in 4A, than it is in 3A. However, the end result for Milan is easier in 4A than it is in 3A. But the schedule for the Bulldogs in November is 10X more difficult than it is for Peabody. That's just me. Every school in Gibson County will be playing a Shelby County school, other than Gibson County. The Pioneers will have to go across the river, twice. That's just me

21 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I'm not buying that it's for "regular season purposes." I have my opinion, but I really do believe it's do to the path to Chattanooga is much easier in 1A than it is in 2A. For Milan's case, the path is much more difficult in 4A, than it is in 3A. However, the end result for Milan is easier in 4A than it is in 3A. But the schedule for the Bulldogs in November is 10X more difficult than it is for Peabody. That's just me. Every school in Gibson County will be playing a Shelby County school, other than Gibson County. The Pioneers will have to go across the river, twice. That's just me

I can agree a bit but there isn’t  a team in the west 2A that was close to McKenzie or Fayetteville City , and for that matter Lake County should be tossed in the mix, I just don’t see a bit down Stang team and very mediocre Westiew squad being a worry for the Tide, that being said anyone can get beat anytime we in Trenton know that all to well “Thanks GC” ! It made no since for us to play 1 a IMO but I am a supporter and fanatic so not my decision. I know I just can’t wait to see some football soon friend and I know you feel the same !  With Peabodys departure from 2A I think Meigs will rack up a couple of Gold Balls !!!

ROLL GOLDEN TIDE

HUNGRY FOR MORE

RING CHASIN 4

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Right because Peabody loved spending  money just to get a 10 game season.  I pretty much disagree with you on every point you made. Peabody doesn’t play any memphis schools this year during regular season. Who cares who gibson county has to play ?   You know I don’t really think you know what you are talking about 

2 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

I can agree a bit but there isn’t  a team in the west 2A that was close to McKenzie or Fayetteville City , and for that matter Lake County should be tossed in the mix, I just don’t see a bit down Stang team and very mediocre Westiew squad being a worry for the Tide, that being said anyone can get beat anytime we in Trenton know that all to well “Thanks GC” ! It made no since for us to play 1 a IMO but I am a supporter and fanatic so not my decision. I know I just can’t wait to see some football soon friend and I know you feel the same !  With Peabodys departure from 2A I think Meigs will rack up a couple of Gold Balls !!!

ROLL GOLDEN TIDE

HUNGRY FOR MORE

RING CHASIN 4

I’m not sure why you say makes no sense for us to be in 1a. Somebody will always be the smallest or biggest in every classification. Tssaa set the numbers and we now have a good schedule with no unnecessary money spent 

7 hours ago, Tide21 said:

I’m not sure why you say makes no sense for us to be in 1a. Somebody will always be the smallest or biggest in every classification. Tssaa set the numbers and we now have a good schedule with no unnecessary money spent 

Because of our last stretch in 1A the gates at home was horrible ! We just lost several huge gates I.e UC,GC , but we didn’t “have”  to play Memphis schools in 2A , and I have been confused about why moving to 1A “made it easier to schedule out of region “ ! I just don’t think Dburg or Westview woulda cared if we was 1 or 2 A would they ? All I know is we got a heck of a program ,they are smart fellers so Their opinions was the only ones that mattered when the dust settles . For me there has been 3 goals in my mind yearly and they won’t change !!!

1. Beat the Purple Pugs

2. Gold Ball 

3. mold young men into succsesful men 

ROLL GOLDEN TIDE

Edited by PeabodyPride

30 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Because of our last stretch in 1A the gates at home was horrible ! We just lost several huge gates I.e UC,GC , but we didn’t “have”  to play Memphis schools in 2A , and I have been confused about why moving to 1A “made it easier to schedule out of region “ ! I just don’t think Dburg or Westview woulda cared if we was 1 or 2 A would they ? All I know is we got a heck of a program ,they are smart fellers so Their opinions was the only ones that mattered when the dust settles . For me there has been 3 goals in my mind yearly and they won’t change !!!

1. Beat the Purple Pugs

2. Gold Ball 

3. mold young men into succsesful men 

ROLL GOLDEN TIDE

I guess there are several ways to look at it. The gates this year will be much better than when we were in 2a last couple years. No more unprofitable home games 

35 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I guess there are several ways to look at it. The gates this year will be much better than when we were in 2a last couple years. No more unprofitable home games 

You are correct ! And to be honest I expected the UC gate to become lackluster the way the series has changed for multiple years now. I am just impressed with our out of region schedule, we definitely have at least 5 games that should be awesome to watch and that includes the one region slugfest with LC ! 

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

You are correct ! And to be honest I expected the UC gate to become lackluster the way the series has changed for multiple years now. I am just impressed with our out of region schedule, we definitely have at least 5 games that should be awesome to watch and that includes the one region slugfest with LC ! 

I was hoping the lake county game was at home it’s away so I doubt I get to go. Uc attendance at their homes games and when they came to our place has dropped a bit 

14 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I agree with the gist of what you just said but 1A is much tougher than 2A this year. At least at the top. 

4 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

At the end of the day Peabody and Milan can play in whatever classification they want as long as it follows TSSAA rules/guidelines. I really don't understand the "going to Memphis" argument for either school though. There's more places that play ball than Memphis. 

Absolutely but I can only speak for Peabody we got shot down trying to find games constantly !! I don’t think that is the reason we dropped ,nor do I think that’s the reason Westview Dburg and so on took us on the schedule either ! I will catch flack for this but IMO schools thought we was losing our entire line on O and D, just didn’t realize our rotation includes a lot of young men still on this team ! Yes we will need some young bucks to fill holes but let’s not forget who these hoss linemen got smashed in the mouth by during practice for the last 2 years !  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

At the end of the day Peabody and Milan can play in whatever classification they want as long as it follows TSSAA rules/guidelines. I really don't understand the "going to Memphis" argument for either school though. There's more places that play ball than Memphis. 

Peabody wasn’t going to memphis. We have had to pay memphis schools to play us at home for several years now to finish out the schedule. The drop down solved it. As far as 1a being tougher at the top I’m not sure about that. I think meigs may be better than Fayetteville. Meigs handled south Pitt. I watched that game twice and I watched the south Pitt Fayetteville game also 

• Upvote 1