Trenton Peabody 2021

PeabodyPride

4 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Has been huh? Recruiting season??  Did that make you feel better?  I mention your on the clock and you start hurling insults. Lol. Your too easy to troll. You shouldn’t take the bait. I think most of the regular Peabody posters on here know I have all the respect in the world for Peabody and cheer for them when we don’t play them.  In fact I know several of the players and coaches personally. They are all very humble and gracious people. You should try it some time. 

I didn't hurl no insults, I think it is GREAT that you have 2 programs within 10 minutes of each other that both played for State Titles. The recruiting thing was a joke, hence the LOL! I know you guys didn't do anything wrong, but from your reaction maybe you are hiding something. But, do not want to rehash that because that got real ugly and crazy. Just a little frustrating that we are on this amazing run with a great group of kids and sometimes I feel that they do not get the recognition that they deserve. Milan is a great program with a great tradition, but none of these high school or for that matter college players were alive when Milan last brought back a Gold Ball.

23 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

I didn't hurl no insults, I think it is GREAT that you have 2 programs within 10 minutes of each other that both played for State Titles. The recruiting thing was a joke, hence the LOL! I know you guys didn't do anything wrong, but from your reaction maybe you are hiding something. But, do not want to rehash that because that got real ugly and crazy. Just a little frustrating that we are on this amazing run with a great group of kids and sometimes I feel that they do not get the recognition that they deserve. Milan is a great program with a great tradition, but none of these high school or for that matter college players were alive when Milan last brought back a Gold Ball.

I agree with all you just said and appreciate the kind words. Maybe I did rush to judge prematurely. But seriously what was the purpose of the last comment?  Can it be interpreted any other way than a shot at Milan??  

35 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree with all you just said and appreciate the kind words. Maybe I did rush to judge prematurely. But seriously what was the purpose of the last comment?  Can it be interpreted any other way than a shot at Milan??  

Many people still look at Peabody as Milan's little stepchild. Ten, fifteen years ago that might have been the case but with the recent success of the Tide, I feel we are now very comparable.  Even last year your  principal was quoted saying Milan is the premiere program of West Tennessee.  Which I would agree,  they are definitely the standard that other schools are trying to get to, but I feel we are right there with you. If anything Milan is reacting to what other schools are doing? If you are the premiere program then you are the ones doing the innovation,  not following what others are doing. For example, the new stadium which was long overdue and is AWESOME, but even the little things like livestreaming games. We had to fight tooth and nail to get that done week 1. This is a new generation, you have to adapt to what they do. I have the utmost respect for Milan. I  feel they hit a homerun with Coach Diffee,  he is changing the culture. He is a coach that would be someone that is what I am speaking of above about being an innovator. Having Coach Jacobs and Coach Diffee square off every year for the next 20+ years is very exciting to think about. 

30 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

Many people still look at Peabody as Milan's little stepchild. Ten, fifteen years ago that might have been the case but with the recent success of the Tide, I feel we are now very comparable.  Even last year your  principal was quoted saying Milan is the premiere program of West Tennessee.  Which I would agree,  they are definitely the standard that other schools are trying to get to, but I feel we are right there with you. If anything Milan is reacting to what other schools are doing? If you are the premiere program then you are the ones doing the innovation,  not following what others are doing. For example, the new stadium which was long overdue and is AWESOME, but even the little things like livestreaming games. We had to fight tooth and nail to get that done week 1. This is a new generation, you have to adapt to what they do. I have the utmost respect for Milan. I  feel they hit a homerun with Coach Diffee,  he is changing the culture. He is a coach that would be someone that is what I am speaking of above about being an innovator. Having Coach Jacobs and Coach Diffee square off every year for the next 20+ years is very exciting to think about. 

Yes I agree that Trenton and Milan are very comparable now. In fact the three peat that Trenton just achieved has not been done by anybody else in this area you were in a class by yourself. I can brag on Trenton and their recent success without pointing out all of the two and three wins seasons that you had prior to this. That’s my point that I’m trying to make.You can brag on Milan and their success without pointing out their failures to.You can brag on Milan and their success without pointing out their failures too. But I appreciate where you are coming. I feel like I understand your intentions better now. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yes I agree that Trenton and Milan are very comparable now. In fact the three peat that Trenton just achieved has not been done by anybody else in this area you were in a class by yourself. I can brag on Trenton and their recent success without pointing out all of the two and three wins seasons that you had prior to this. That’s my point that I’m trying to make.You can brag on Milan and their success without pointing out their failures to.You can brag on Milan and their success without pointing out their failures too. But I appreciate where you are coming. I feel like I understand your intentions better now. 

There is no failure when the Tide and Dawgs play,not same region,nor class ,so all it does is improve each team,I would like to think the  game against us you grew and learned and made the championship game because of the experience of playing us and vice versa.

Edited by PeabodyPride

Little things but things none the less.... Peabody has for years had the team, cheerleaders, and band sing/play the alma mater at the conclusion of games, (which is awesome) and now Milan began doing that this season.... Peabody has also made their entry into the stadium to AC/DC Thunderstruck for several years, them Dawgs did that this season......  BUNCH OF WANNABEES!!!!!!! lol

1 hour ago, TideRolls said:

Little things but things none the less.... Peabody has for years had the team, cheerleaders, and band sing/play the alma mater at the conclusion of games, (which is awesome) and now Milan began doing that this season.... Peabody has also made their entry into the stadium to AC/DC Thunderstruck for several years, them Dawgs did that this season......  BUNCH OF WANNABEES!!!!!!! lol

1 hour ago, Goldenpride said:

Lol giving BPM a hard time, Milan used to shoot fireworks before and after the game if they won, and we tried to do that before someone complained... I guess we just can borrow off of one another lol

I graduated in ‘99 And my sister graduated in ‘94. I remember going to games as early as the mid 80’s. Milan has done the alma mater at the conclusion of games as long as I can remember. Football team hasn’t always walked over to the band and sung it with them but we have always done the alma mater. 

12 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I graduated in ‘99 And my sister graduated in ‘94. I remember going to games as early as the mid 80’s. Milan has done the alma mater at the conclusion of games as long as I can remember. Football team hasn’t always walked over to the band and sung it with them but we have always done the alma mater. 

I’m not stating you guys for trying to copy lol. I was backing you up with us shooting the fireworks that y’all did back in 2009 till about 2014 I believe. Peabody started singing the alma mater back in the early 90’s when Coach Haney took the helm. Fact of the matter, Peabody and Milan have had the two best West Tn runs with Huntingdon and Union City in there as well. I’m pretty positive the alma mater is done by every school after a game whether it’s singing in front of the band or not