2A 2021

ChineseFlu

22 minutes ago, Merlyn said:

Biggest loss on the line is left tackle. They lose 2 more starters but they are replaceable. Not saying they didn’t do a good job or downing them at all. Just mean they was middle of the road as far as lineman goes and was 1st year starters at that. Defensively they lose a few but have several young guys that look good. All in all the line on both sides should be the same and have the possibility of being a little better. 

If it gets better then y’all will be back in the hunt in the East I believe. 

15 minutes ago, Merlyn said:

Biggest loss on the line is left tackle. They lose 2 more starters but they are replaceable. Not saying they didn’t do a good job or downing them at all. Just mean they was middle of the road as far as lineman goes and was 1st year starters at that. Defensively they lose a few but have several young guys that look good. All in all the line on both sides should be the same and have the possibility of being a little better. 

IMO They will need to get quite a bit bigger / better for us to make a deep run. I believe the TC and Marion game proved that sometimes you just can’t out scheme teams.. You have to have the dozier’s up front to compete at the highest levels!

The kids played with heart, but we definitely need to beef up our line! 

However, I do remember someone telling me a few years ago that this upcoming class was the one Webster was so excited about. If I’m not mistaken they didn’t lose a game their entire time in Junior High. 

I don’t pay attention to Junior High football so I could be wrong!

2 hours ago, H2Oman said:

IMO They will need to get quite a bit bigger / better for us to make a deep run. I believe the TC and Marion game proved that sometimes you just can’t out scheme teams.. You have to have the dozier’s up front to compete at the highest levels!

However, I do remember someone telling me a few years ago that this upcoming class was the one Webster was so excited about. If I’m not mistaken they didn’t lose a game their entire time in Junior High. 

Not sure about bigger, it’s hard to make them grow lol. I don’t think they’ll be any smaller though. I know when H20 started subbing this year there was a couple kids that went in fairly early on the oline. Dline subs a lot already. I know on offense they return Sexton and Clemmons. Clemmons will be a jr and a 3 year starter. Sexton came in mid season and definitely made an impression. I think there may be a jr and a soph next year that has shown a lot of promise. Kind of like this year it will take finding the right combination to see what the best line up is. 

3 hours ago, H2Oman said:

I don't believe it is in the genetic code for that to happen to the guys on this team already lol. Maybe you go out and recruit for the coaches and find some big beefy athletic guys. If you notice Hackett doesn't play kids that can't move well very much on defense. 

6 hours ago, TCRadio said:

Sophomore to be, and he is mean as a snake, BC, both Banks, the Burnley twins, Jake, Kobyn, Johnson, TC has the skill guys, likely to start a will be sophomore at C, west goes to G/T and the line is pretty much the same, not sure on the situation but if X finds his way back on the field, he is a game changer 

I hope he takes care of his business and the earl's his way back on the team. Yes with X the defense takes a huge step with X being able to okay anywhere in front of 7 on defense. Web it comes to offenses X will be the X factor he can do it all maybe not kay QB but he can kay all the skill positions. If X plays next year I would out TC on top.

2 hours ago, kingofthenorth said:

I don't believe it is in the genetic code for that to happen to the guys on this team already lol. Maybe you go out and recruit for the coaches and find some big beefy athletic guys. If you notice Hackett doesn't play kids that can't move well very much on defense. 

If I could I would... I’m not downing the kids nor the coaches for playing with the best we had to offer. I’m simply stating that IMO for us to get over the hump we need those bigger or at least stronger athletic guys! 

I agree that you can’t change genetics, but you can get em stronger.  

As for the Hackett statement.. I’ll say it again sometimes you can’t out scheme a team. You have to have the jimmies and joes to beat people up front.

Hopefully we find that this coming fall!

4 hours ago, Merlyn said:

Not sure about bigger, it’s hard to make them grow lol. I don’t think they’ll be any smaller though. I know when H20 started subbing this year there was a couple kids that went in fairly early on the oline. Dline subs a lot already. I know on offense they return Sexton and Clemmons. Clemmons will be a jr and a 3 year starter. Sexton came in mid season and definitely made an impression. I think there may be a jr and a soph next year that has shown a lot of promise. Kind of like this year it will take finding the right combination to see what the best line up is. 

I really like the Clemmons kid motor. The kid seemed to put his maximum effort in every play!!

It sounds like you and @kingofthenorth are a lot closer to the program than I am so I’ll trust what you say!

6 hours ago, H2Oman said:

If I could I would... I’m not downing the kids nor the coaches for playing with the best we had to offer. I’m simply stating that IMO for us to get over the hump we need those bigger or at least stronger athletic guys! 

I agree that you can’t change genetics, but you can get em stronger.  

As for the Hackett statement.. I’ll say it again sometimes you can’t out scheme a team. You have to have the jimmies and joes to beat people up front.

Hopefully we find that this coming fall!

Very true it is about jimmies and joes and not x and o's....when you get to a certain point in the season. You look at all the successful teams and teams that play for the championship....they are all very good upfront. 

16 hours ago, RTD said:

I hope he takes care of his business and the earl's his way back on the team. Yes with X the defense takes a huge step with X being able to okay anywhere in front of 7 on defense. Web it comes to offenses X will be the X factor he can do it all maybe not kay QB but he can kay all the skill positions. If X plays next year I would out TC on top.

Glad to hear he is still in school in hartsville and at least has a chance to get back on the team. Was a huge loss this past season especially on defense. 

8 hours ago, DealLawyer said:

Glad to hear he is still in school in hartsville and at least has a chance to get back on the team. Was a huge loss this past season especially on defense. 

I hope he takes care of all of his issues but from last, u heard it doesn't look good. That was at the start of the school year hopefully he has improved and is back on the right track.