2021 3A

SSHawks12

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

What about Oakland or some d2 3a schools that would be competitive 

Yes, for sure. Already have one Middle TN team playing Cookeville.  Not sure they want to travel 2 times that far? I would have rather played Oakland instead of Cookeville? Knox Catholic,  McCallie or Baylor would be great! CAK declined.

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

Yes, for sure. Already have one Middle TN team playing Cookeville.  Not sure they want to travel 2 times that far? I would have rather played Oakland instead of Cookeville? Knox Catholic,  McCallie or Baylor would be great! CAK declined.

Mccallie or Baylor might be a better matchup than Oakland 

On 12/21/2020 at 1:18 PM, CHARGERFAN said:

Y'all are going to jinx my Covington Chargers for 2021. We have to replace Carson Ruffin at QB, Marcus Hayes at RB, Dalton Dickerson at wideout/punter, and Lareko Burton at linebacker, just to name a few. We can't do like Alabama and go sign the #1 recruiting class. We just have to play with the kids who show up on campus.

I'm sure that Coach JR Kirby will have our guys ready to play, but those are some big shoes to fill. Of course, with Milan and South Gibson playing in 4A this coming season, we will have lost some stiff competition in our region. I like our chances, but I'm not ready to dust off a spot on the shelf for a 2021 Silver Ball yet.

Let's see what transpires between now and next August. I hope that we won't have Covid for an opponent by then. As I'm telling folks, all I want for Christmas is a vaccine, and it looks like that is on the way.

Fair. Kirby will have his boys ready to play. 

5 hours ago, Tide21 said:

I’m pretty sure they had 3a numbers prior to 2017. Several years before 

No they didn’t. I had this conversation with several of their supporters when enrollments were turned in I’m 2016 for the 2017-2020 classification cycle. In 2008 Milan played them in the 2A title game in the five class system. When we went to 6 classes the next year they elected to play up and did that all the way to 2017. 

57 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

No they didn’t. I had this conversation with several of their supporters when enrollments were turned in I’m 2016 for the 2017-2020 classification cycle. In 2008 Milan played them in the 2A title game in the five class system. When we went to 6 classes the next year they elected to play up and did that all the way to 2017. 

Did you not read what the Alcoa guy said? he agreed with me soooo it doesn’t matter   They had 3a numbers prior to 2017. I remember seeing the numbers.  

9 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Did you not read what the Alcoa guy said? he agreed with me soooo it doesn’t matter   They had 3a numbers prior to 2017. I remember seeing the numbers.  

Yes they did have 3A numbers prior to 2017. The numbers for the 2017-2020 classification cycle were taken in 2016. Just like the numbers for 2021-2022 were taken this year in 2020.  And they could have had 3A numbers in 2013, 2014 or 2015. But they didn’t in 2012 when classified for the 4 year cycle. They had 2A numbers and elected to play up. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yes they did have 3A numbers prior to 2017. The numbers for the 2017-2020 classification cycle were taken in 2016. Just like the numbers for 2021-2022 were taken this year in 2020.  And they could have had 3A numbers in 2013, 2014 or 2015. But they didn’t in 2012 when classified for the 4 year cycle. They had 2A numbers and elected to play up. 

No they didn’t. 2012 counts and a projection. 

20757FBA-C27E-4347-B329-EA12BA17C133.jpeg

14 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Mccallie or Baylor might be a better matchup than Oakland 

Wrong mind set. You don't schedule games you know 100% you're going to win. You ALWAYS schedule better and better competition. Alcoa has done that for years! If Peabody wants to build on their success, you need to schedule the best teams you can. If not, you will have a team that cycles....great team, average team, good, team, great team, bad team. You can not be scared of better competition. It creates a weak mind set. Iron sharpens Iron.

19 hours ago, Swipes said:

The problem is the TSSAA won't let you jump more than 1 class.  Alcoa will always be 3a or 4a (Possibly 5a if student population moves them up to 4a and they choose to move to 5a).  The new school they built will hold 1,000 students from the previous 600 at the old school.  They currently have less than 700 in the school.

You can unless it’s been changed lately. memphis East was Class A basketball and played up to Class AAA. That would be like 1A or 2A in football going to 5A or 6A. 

E7B81D82-CE6A-45AF-B817-F073186FE30D.jpeg