2021 3A

SSHawks12

region 1  as a whole,  even big schools 6a 5a teams would have their seasons come to end with alcoa.

greenville and elizabethton the last couple years would be close.   no teams in region 1 or region 2 teams in 3a have a chance.   some scores might be low but alcoa just allowing score to be close in some cases on purpose.   they are that good.   first 4 rounds of playoffs are a joke for alcoa.  to many good players to chose from and great coaching on top of that.  they just reload 

15 minutes ago, chrisburr said:

This proves Alcoa is afraid to move up to 4A!

so sick of alcoa, any scenario involving alcoa getting their comeuppance and getting beat i am for

at least until they move up

(But they wont and will stay in 3A like the cheating cowards that they are in Football!)

If you spent as much time building up your Fulton team as you do crying about Alcoa they might not be straight trash and win more than 4 games in a year. 

• Like 1

Back in 1951 when National Power House Knoxville High School was broken up into four smaller schools East High and Fulton High were the heirs to the throne leaving  West and South High just after thoughts. Now 70 years later after segregation, boundary lines being moved dozens of times, school closings and the rapid move to West Knoxville for many only Fulton and West survive today. Both schools have state championships to their records especially Fulton. I personally believe Fulton's emergence as a powerhouse again back 10-12 years ago may have saved that school period. I know the past couple years Fulton has went backward again some and hope they do rebound.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Back in 1951 when National Power House Knoxville High School was broken up into four smaller schools East High and Fulton High were the heirs to the throne leaving  West and South High just after thoughts. Now 70 years later after segregation, boundary lines being moved dozens of times, school closings and the rapid move to West Knoxville for many only Fulton and West survive today. Both schools have state championships to their records especially Fulton. I personally believe Fulton's emergence as a powerhouse again back 10-12 years ago may have saved that school period. I know the past couple years Fulton has went backward again some and hope they do rebound.

me too BarneySox2007

Our biggest mistake was jumping the shark up to 5A where i knew we would struggle and have no chance

we should have never done that in the first place, we were not ready for that and it showed

but now we are back where we belong in 4A

yeah our region will be the toughest in the state but still

biggest thing is we should have never made that jump to 5A

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2021 at 7:56 PM, chrisburr said:

i just want to see alcoa go down, as long as that happens justice will be served in 3a

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2021 at 5:10 PM, chrisburr said:

This proves Alcoa is afraid to move up to 4A!

so sick of alcoa, any scenario involving alcoa getting their comeuppance and getting beat i am for

at least until they move up

(But they wont and will stay in 3A like the cheating cowards that they are in Football!)

Seems like a lot of bitterness towards some hard working kids.

I'll reiterate my point.

With me it always comes back to the kids.  I know first hand the amount of year round effort the kids put in to winning a state championship. The kids get pushed to compete above where they are expected to during the season against great teams in higher classifications. When they win its awesome, when they don't, its a lesson.

They work harder in preparation for the goal than is necessary to achieve the goal. Isn't that what we are supposed to be teaching the kids?

Your comments come across as wanting either the Alcoa kids to lose a championship they deserve or for another group of kids to have an easier path to the championship by removing a group of kids that deserve to be there. Is that really what we want to be doing?

Let the kids play where they are classified to play, compete hard and let the outcome be settled on the field ( and in my opinion  more importantly in the off season workouts).

A lot of the talk about Alcoa not playing in the 3A comes across as adults wanting kids to lose that are playing in the classification they are supposed to be in. Why would adults want to take away a win from kids that have earned it and deserve to be there?

If Alcoa has a slightly down year in the near future and moved up and lost, yet could have won in the classification they were supposed to compete in, is that fair to the kids? Would that make some folks happy?

Let the kids enjoy what they earn and what they deserve.  They compete against the best competition they can find regardless of division during the season every year. When it comes time for the playoffs they are more than ready for what is facing them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 32hammer said:

Seems like a lot of bitterness towards some hard working kids.

I'll reiterate my point.

With me it always comes back to the kids.  I know first hand the amount of year round effort the kids put in to winning a state championship. The kids get pushed to compete above where they are expected to during the season against great teams in higher classifications. When they win its awesome, when they don't, its a lesson.

They work harder in preparation for the goal than is necessary to achieve the goal. Isn't that what we are supposed to be teaching the kids?

Your comments come across as wanting either the Alcoa kids to lose a championship they deserve or for another group of kids to have an easier path to the championship by removing a group of kids that deserve to be there. Is that really what we want to be doing?

Let the kids play where they are classified to play, compete hard and let the outcome be settled on the field ( and in my opinion  more importantly in the off season workouts).

A lot of the talk about Alcoa not playing in the 3A comes across as adults wanting kids to lose that are playing in the classification they are supposed to be in. Why would adults want to take away a win from kids that have earned it and deserve to be there?

If Alcoa has a slightly down year in the near future and moved up and lost, yet could have won in the classification they were supposed to compete in, is that fair to the kids? Would that make some folks happy?

Let the kids enjoy what they earn and what they deserve.  They compete against the best competition they can find regardless of division during the season every year. When it comes time for the playoffs they are more than ready for what is facing them.

Good post bro.