Oak Ridge High School Football 2021

CardinalGrey

2 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Yes, OR has a quarterback battle on their hands for sure. Tarwater will come back stronger than ever. Peyton will do his very best to take over at QB 1. I've also heard there is a third QB in the mix but he just lacks the experience the first two have. 

I hope Clinton has a good season. I just can't post positive about them with Opie taking shots at me or my Coach. I have always like you 92Dragon and consider you a great high school fan.

I will take this opportunity to apologize for the comment I made about Opie and CHS being crap. I was really mad at Opie but went to far in my attack. I'm sorry!

Apology accepted! We all get upset when someone takes a cheap shot at our team or community. It's understandable.

Clinton should start to show signs of improvement. We have some pretty good players, but they are young. Our schedule is set up to where we should win at least 4 or 5 games minimum, but you never know.

I'm interested in seeing us in our scrimmages so I can get a better read on what type of team we're going to have.

Oak Ridge should be right there in the thick of things come playoff time, especially with the addition of the West players. Oak Ridge will be fun to watch on offense! Best of luck to you guys! 

14 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Clinton should start to show signs of improvement. We have some pretty good players, but they are young. Our schedule is set up to where we should win at least 4 or 5 games minimum, but you never know.

One things for sure, you guys have a much more favorable schedule this year, which will certainly help with such a young team.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DCCATVOICE said:

I have spoken to Coach Gaddis many times on this subject since the rumor of these young men coming to Oak Ridge began. He has told me that he (Coach Hundley) isn't on the staff now and wasn't on the staff in the spring. I have been asked this several times today and was told that I was a source. He is not on the staff. There is a rule the TSSAA has that a person that joins a staff from another school and players follow him, those kids would have to sit out a year. This happened several years ago when OR had several kids from a Knoxville school interested in playing basketball for us. They couldn't because OR hired an assistant coach from their school. They didn't come. The West kids couldn't play if he joined the staff. His kids could but not any others. Either way, he isn't on the staff and hasn't been. David Clary

I'm not familiar with this "New Rule" and i've yet to see it in TSSAA, but based on the information we have here, these kids are eligible with a "bona fide change of address" in the OR zone.  I did note that 5star didn't appear willing to commit to that.  They used the phrase "if eligible" at least once.

Edited by Knoxemdown

9 hours ago, catswild said:

I hate to be negative but I also predict another slow start and with no guarantee of a strong finish. And before Willie responds with (15-0 and a state title), I would ask him...how many practices have you been to? As always, I hope I'm wrong.

I actually thought you enjoyed being negative since it happens so frequently. I hope you’re wrong, too. 

On 7/28/2021 at 10:57 AM, catswild said:

I've been able to watch practice twice and here are my observations. OR has a long way to go on the offensive line, at QB, and in the secondary. And I mean a LOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go. If Fulton has a good team, Friday will be a long night.

Falcons only have about 29 or 30 players  ..  QB quit to take a job ,  2 returning OL out ( shoulder surg and one quit )  ..they have barely enough to have a scrimmage ..  so id say after 2 or 3 series of plays in this HOT weather they will be toast .. so OR may not get a good look  .. other that getting some timing down  ..  be tough on Falcons to make playoffs  ..especially if injury bug hits .. they got about  8 or 9  guys  play both ways