Oak Ridge High School Football 2021

CardinalGrey

Mr. Willie,

You took it upon yourself to judge many as a whole and me in particular. Since you have taken it upon yourself to be the voice of Wildcat decorum and taste, I'd like to take a moment to present an opposing viewpoint.

Beginning with we act "like babies". That statement reeks of instability and childishness. If we were all in the same room, I don't think you'd be the type to call us or our conduct out in person.

"You hate your hometown team". That is shocking. We are the ones who sit in 95 degree heat, sit in the rain, sit in the cold, plan our fall schedules around Wildcat football. We scream our lungs out to support the Cats in the fourth quarter of close games. We sit in traffic jams on the way to Sevierville and Ooltewah. We spend thousands of dollars and travel thousands of miles to support a changing roster of young Wildcats each year.

Posts running down positions - multiple men gave honest critiques on what we have seen based on being there live and in person to witness.

Disrespect to OR players, family, and coaches  - Unlike you, most of us men feel an HONEST assessment is healthy. But honestly, I don't know of a player that ever knew what us old guys on Coach T thought. I had to tell my player what the old guys thought. But there were MANY posters who told me and my player to my face when #10 and his teammates did not perform in an acceptable manner. Did I say many? Yes, many. The young men respected the opinions of those who mentored them for years. Do the coaches care what we say on these boards. NO! Not at all. By the way, how many coaches telephone numbers do you have in your contacts? How many have you broken bread or had drinks with. Mine and others opinions may not really mean that much, but they are vastly more respected than yours.

Although you are certainly an enthusiastic and passionate fan, I really don't think you know much about the program. From what I can tell you get your information from the occasional article, from us who are there to witness and share what we see and hear, and lastly, that creepy way you have of stalking these young men's social media. To paraphrase the great Col. Nathan Jessup, "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who gets his Wildcat information from the very posts that I and these other men provide, and then question the manner in which we provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way.

Myself and several others described the Wildcats' performance last Friday as "fugly", "ugly" "pure bootay" and "awful". It was. I hope these young men are not as sensitive as you are. They are 16-17 years old. They are not in elementary school and expecting the participation trophy. It is my fervent wish that the combative, bloody, and competitive sport of high school football enhances these young men's progress toward manhood. If some old men posting on a message board hurts their feelings, they are in big trouble as future leaders, husbands, and fathers and we, as true and loyal Wildcat fans are in for a long season.

In summary, who the heck are you to judge us and what we say here? I do chose to ignore you and your creepy ways, but when you attack, it must be addressed.

Peace,

Michael Kimbro

OR nole

Edited by OR nole
addition
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, OR nole said:

Mr. Willie,

You took it upon yourself to judge many as a whole and me in particular. Since you have taken it upon yourself to be the voice of Wildcat decorum and taste, I'd like to take a moment to present an opposing viewpoint.

Beginning with we act "like babies". That statement reeks of instability and childishness. If we were all in the same room, I don't think you'd be the type to call us or our conduct out in person.

"You hate your hometown team". That is shocking. We are the ones who sit in 95 degree heat, sit in the rain, sit in the cold, plan our fall schedules around Wildcat football. We scream our lungs out to support the Cats in the fourth quarter of close games. We sit in traffic jams on the way to Sevierville and Ooltewah. We spend thousands of dollars and travel thousands of miles to support a changing roster of young Wildcats each year.

Posts running down positions - multiple men gave honest critiques on what we have seen based on being there live and in person to witness.

Disrespect to OR players, family, and coaches  - Unlike you, most of us men feel an HONEST assessment is healthy. But honestly, I don't know of a player that ever knew what us old guys on Coach T thought. I had to tell my player what the old guys thought. But there were MANY posters who told me and my player to my face when #10 and his teammates did not perform in an acceptable manner. Did I say many? Yes, many. The young men respected the opinions of those who mentored them for years. Do the coaches care what we say on these boards. NO! Not at all. By the way, how many coaches telephone numbers do you have in your contacts? How many have you broken bread or had drinks with. Mine and others opinions may not really mean that much, but they are vastly more respected than yours.

Although you are certainly an enthusiastic and passionate fan, I really don't think you know much about the program. From what I can tell you get your information from the occasional article, from us who are there to witness and share what we see and hear, and lastly, that creepy way you have of stalking these young men's social media. To paraphrase the great Col. Nathan Jessup, "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who gets his Wildcat information from the very posts that I and these other men provide, and then question the manner in which we provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way.

Myself and several others described the Wildcats' performance last Friday as "fugly", "ugly" "pure bootay" and "awful". It was. I hope these young men are not as sensitive as you are. They are 16-17 years old. They are not in elementary school and expecting the participation trophy. It is my fervent wish that the combative, bloody, and competitive sport of high school football enhances these young men's progress toward manhood. If some old men posting on a message board hurts their feelings, they are in big trouble as future leaders, husbands, and fathers and we, as true and loyal Wildcat fans are in for a long season.

In summary, who the heck are you to judge us and what we say here? I do chose to ignore you and your creepy ways, but when you attack, it must be addressed.

Peace,

Michael Kimbro

OR nole

Good words, MK. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, OR nole said:

Mr. Willie,

Peace,

Michael Kimbro

OR nole

Dear Mr. Kimbro,

Thank you for your very well composed response to my recent posts. You have provided a lot of interesting thoughts. Thoughts I will certainly reflect on. Be clear, I do not agree with all that you said but I do not feel compelled to engage with you concerning your accusations of "creepy" behavior. Just know, I was personally hurt by that and would never intentionally stalk a player. Never.

Have a Blessed Day Sir,

Steve Palmer

RWR!

11 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Wait, what? Where have I ever said I hope Clinton goes 9-1, Cats? Haha. I honestly couldn’t care less about what Clinton does. I can’t stand them personally, but they do have a few classy posters, such as D92 and Dakota. Those 2 fellas are class fellers. I just reciprocate the class back to them, which certainly doesn’t mean I pull for them in any way, shape, or form. To be honest with ya, I can’t stand them, but I do respect them 2 guys. I am just able to differentiate between actually hoping Clinton does good, and reciprocating the respect both of those 2 posters always exude towards us OR fans. Treat others the way you wanna be treated. The golden rule and all that.

LOL...I feel a little better about you since you said "I can't stand them"...so we're friends again!!!

7 hours ago, OR nole said:

Mr. Willie,

Peace,

Michael Kimbro

OR nole

I don't always agree with some things that you say, but this post is one of the best that I've ever read. The only thing I partially disagree with is the "creepy and stalking" part. I just don't think Willie has much better to do with his time. Now, if you or I did what he's doing, it might be "creepy and stalking", but while I do find it a little strange, I don't find it "creepy".

• Like 1

Murphy Fair's book is out.

Some highlights... Region 3 - 5A

Coaches Predictions:

1. Oak Ridge (tie)

1. Powell (tie)

3. Karns

4. Campbell County

5. Clinton - no survey returned       6. Lenoir City - no survey returned

5A Preseason All-State Team

RB Kendall Jackson 

LB Jacob Berven

Academic All - State Team

Jacob Berven

Gabriel Bradshaw

Luke Calhoun

Darren Osbourn

Ethan Hewitt

Walker Rice

5 StarPrep has an article on the recent South-Doyle vs Halls scrimmage. Here is some info from the article.

Shawn Gary rushed 4 times for 124 yards and 2 touchdowns. He and Karns' Bishop will be difficult to handle this season for any team. I hope we don't face any better. SD Coach says his OL is one of the best he has had with the Kees.

Could somebody please point me to the post on CoachT that has the Mystery of the West / Oak Ridge  Rebels / Wildcats being solved?

From Social Media it appears there are three new Wildcats from West. Two are on the 5 Star Prep Top 30 area team. If you want I can give the names but I would have to pull up the site and it is late and I am tired.

A scrimmage is a scrimmage. Never forget when I was a kid playing for Maryville and we got the best of Oak Ridge in a scrimmage and the papers had us heavy favorite to win it all in Class AA and all that went to our heads. The opening week we lost to Rule 30-8 in quiet a bit of a shocker. We weren't mentally there that night then to add insult to injury we go up to Kentucky and get ripped off in a home cooking. No matter what we did it got called back. One of my favorite memories of the game back then was playing toe to toe with Oak Ridge who did win the state that year in AAA and I can still remember plain as day Chick Granning being so loud on the field you could hear him for 10 city blocks. That man scared me to death and I was on the opposite team. How ever the up and coming Maryville scrimmage turns out it's just a scrimmage and have a great time and look some of us up while your there..

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

A scrimmage is a scrimmage. Never forget when I was a kid playing for Maryville and we got the best of Oak Ridge in a scrimmage and the papers had us heavy favorite to win it all in Class AA and all that went to our heads. The opening week we lost to Rule 30-8 in quiet a bit of a shocker. We weren't mentally there that night then to add insult to injury we go up to Kentucky and get ripped off in a home cooking. No matter what we did it got called back. One of my favorite memories of the game back then was playing toe to toe with Oak Ridge who did win the state that year in AAA and I can still remember plain as day Chick Granning being so loud on the field you could hear him for 10 city blocks. That man scared me to death and I was on the opposite team. How ever the up and coming Maryville scrimmage turns out it's just a scrimmage and have a great time and look some of us up while your there..

Great post Barney. It brought back one of my favorite memories as an Oak Ridge student. Coach Granning was teaching Drivers Ed. We were all lined up in cars in the back parking lot. One by one he had us drive in reverse across the parking lot. When he called for me to attempt the task, I began weaving my way back. I was everywhere! Finally, Coach asks over the car radio if I had Wine for breakfast? All the cars started honking with the other students yelling my name.

Good luck to Maryville in the scrimmage but hopefully the Wildcats will pull out a VictORy.

RWR!

• Like 1