Oak Ridge High School Football 2021

CardinalGrey

4 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Probably too soon for this but we do have two QBs coming back. Tarwater and Sharp. I have no preference since I think they both will work hard in the off-season and do the job in the Fall.

How have the freshmen QBs come along after their the shoulder injuries?

Tarwater seems more comfortable and would be a safer pick but I think Sharp has more upside with his size.One of them needs to be focused and working all off season to be good enough to be at the level it takes to play QB at Oak Ridge.If not I let Heyward know he needs to get some practice at QB.In high school if you dont have a really good throwing QB that understands defenses you might as well put your most talented ath back there and get creative 

1 hour ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Tarwater seems more comfortable and would be a safer pick but I think Sharp has more upside with his size.One of them needs to be focused and working all off season to be good enough to be at the level it takes to play QB at Oak Ridge.If not I let Heyward know he needs to get some practice at QB.In high school if you dont have a really good throwing QB that understands defenses you might as well put your most talented ath back there and get creative 

Sounds like good ideas to me. One thing I don't want is the Wildcat formation. OR's defense seems to be able to stop it. I might be wrong on that.

Please, somebody explain how our Offensive Coaches can come up with the five wide empty back field look, win with it then forget about it.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 2:59 AM, WillieTheWildcats said:

Sounds like good ideas to me. One thing I don't want is the Wildcat formation. OR's defense seems to be able to stop it. I might be wrong on that.

Please, somebody explain how our Offensive Coaches can come up with the five wide empty back field look, win with it then forget about it.

They must be stupid! LOL

19 hours ago, bounder said:

Hey right back at Ya LOD  Merry Christmas! where ya been? Think about you now and then wonder how you're doing. You must be laying low or giving someone I don't know a hard time! haha 

Been keeping my word and not saying anything until AFTER I had given the Coach three years. Times up.  LOL

Been watching and waiting.  

Also expecting a new Grand Daughter any day.  Told Daughter she was letting the team down.  Told me they still needed Cheer Leaders.  Told her I was good with that as long as Grand Dad could also teach her to shoot like I did for her and her Brother.  Brother qualified as a sniper like Dad.  She is almost as good as Brother.

Grand Son was here for Thanksgiving.  Growing even bigger than the clone was at that age.  Stronger and faster too!  Clone and I watched the Oakland vs Maryville game together on TV.  Told the Grandson he had better watch and learn what REAL football was!  LOL

I watched the Oak Ridge game as well.  Y'all have the good basis to repeat at Cookeville next year.  Just need MORE and stronger linemen like y'all did when you played us.

The Dale is in severe need also!

• Like 1

Hey Ya gotta Love them Grandgirls I got five from aged 33 to 6. Two have college degrees the rest are like their PaPaw learning as we go.Course I have 3 Grandboys, ones in the Navy spent some time last year on a Destroyer in the Gulf of Arabia. Also have 3 Great Grandgirls and. 2Great Grandboys. Boy the "Go forth and be fruitful" sure goes in my family. Time for them to stop!

Guess they think they have put us "old war horses" out to pasture but it Ain't gonna happen. We'll start in on them in the spring. 

On 12/13/2020 at 2:59 AM, WillieTheWildcats said:

Willie some things can be debated and argued.But for us to have our best offensive game of year and then not run it when we needed it most and couldnt get a 1st down could never be explained.I would love to hear the OC even try an explain it

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...