Oak Ridge High School Football 2021

CardinalGrey

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2021 at 5:00 AM, WillieTheWildcats said:

Not High News. Not College News....National Football League News.

Tee Higgins was selected to the PFF 2020 All- Rookie team. Only Jefferson from] the Vikings is ahead of the Pride and Joy of VictORy City.

I saw him play against DB in Kingsport a few years ago and remember thinking that if OR had a QB who could just get this guy the ball he would be a one-man wrecking crew.    As it was all the passes either sailed way over his head or were at his shoelaces.     I mean how you could miss such a tall long-armed lanky guy that badly over and over......      Forget which year it was but you may have been at that game, I was on the OR side pulling for the Wildcats...      Nice to see a local guy making it big now

35 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I saw him play against DB in Kingsport a few years ago and remember thinking that if OR had a QB who could just get this guy the ball he would be a one-man wrecking crew.    As it was all the passes either sailed way over his head or were at his shoelaces.     I mean how you could miss such a tall long-armed lanky guy that badly over and over......      Forget which year it was but you may have been at that game, I was on the OR side pulling for the Wildcats...      Nice to see a local guy making it big now

Thanks for the kind words about Tee. I'm sure the QB Stewart would like you to foget his throw to Tee. LOL.

I know the game you speak of but I watched it on the computer. If I am thinking of the right game Tee played some DB and made a vicious hit on a DB WR along the DB sideline. Tee loves contact as shown by his blocking ability. He does not like shots to his mid section as he is going up to high point a pass though.

Here is next years schedule

Aug 19 (Thurs) South Doyle  Home

27 Bearden  Home

Sept 3  Clinton  Away

10 Farragut  Away

17 Lenoir City Away

24  BYE

Oct.  1  Plow  Home

8  Greeneville  Away

15  Karns  Away

22  Dobyns-Bennett  Home

29  Campbell County  Home

So,  Clinton, Farragut and Karns away games 2 years in a row.  Plow, DB and Campbell County home 2 years in a row.  Don't recall that ever happening before.  Enurstin'

3 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Here is next years schedule

Aug 19 (Thurs) South Doyle  Home

27 Bearden  Home

Sept 3  Clinton  Away

10 Farragut  Away

17 Lenoir City Away

24  BYE

Oct.  1  Plow  Home

8  Greeneville  Away

15  Karns  Away

22  Dobyns-Bennett  Home

29  Campbell County  Home

So,  Clinton, Farragut and Karns away games 2 years in a row.  Plow, DB and Campbell County home 2 years in a row.  Don't recall that ever happening before.  Enurstin'

I am upset that victORy City has to play Bye High on the road agin in 2021. Thank goodness, TBA High is not going to appear on this schedule.

Seriously, I love the schedule but it seems really hard.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Looks like a schedule to make y'all tough when it gets to playoff time.

Then go ALL the way to the Gold Ball!

Thanks LOD. 

I just wish I knew who the starters are going to be. OR will have two talented but inexperienced  QBs. If healty, a super RB. A great high school LB. A pretty solid FG kicker. One of Tennessee's top sophomre WR. A very good Defensive Coach.

Best of luck to the Warriors

• Upvote 1

On 1/13/2021 at 9:34 PM, WillieTheWildcats said:

Thanks LOD. 

I just wish I knew who the starters are going to be. OR will have two talented but inexperienced  QBs. If healty, a super RB. A great high school LB. A pretty solid FG kicker. One of Tennessee's top sophomre WR. A very good Defensive Coach.

Best of luck to the Warriors

And a good LB in B.Kelly which makes a great LB duo.I also bet B.Heyward will start at DB after playing really good in 2nd half of state title game.I didnt remember him playing any defense until that night but he played great.We return our starting punter but also lose our starting punter

• Like 1

6 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

And a good LB in B.Kelly which makes a great LB duo.I also bet B.Heyward will start at DB after playing really good in 2nd half of state title game.I didnt remember him playing any defense until that night but he played great.We return our starting punter but also lose our starting punter

Jacob Berven and B. Kelly will be all over the field from their LB spots.

I wonder who caught your punter comment. I thought it was clever and made me laugh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I wonder if JG will stick with the 2 punters

My memory is not so good but I think it worked well. Preston did good on the fake punts. Both punters held the ball giving the cover guys time to get down field. The thing that worries me is teams will be prepared for the two punter formation.

1 hour ago, STILLNUM1 said:

On 1/19/2021 at 6:12 PM, WilleTheWildcat said:

My memory is not so good but I think it worked well. Preston did good on the fake punts. Both punters held the ball giving the cover guys time to get down field. The thing that worries me is teams will be prepared for the two punter formation.

Your right did work really well most of time.Even if they prepare it makes the team scared enough to worry about the fake which only helps you get the punt off