Oak Ridge High School Football 2021

CardinalGrey

Just now, thefox said:

@KnoxVil may give me a hard time about this but the strength and conditioning aspect has such a huge impact on how teams perform. School systems not taking advantage of a full time strength coach are dinosaurs. Coach Grah does a great job with the strength and conditioning program at MJ.

OR does in fact have a full - time S&C Coach, I just can’t remember who it is off the top of my head. I agree it’s extremely important though. In fact, besides being the Head man, it could be argued that it is the most important aspect, or at the very least one of the most important.

3 minutes ago, thefox said:

@KnoxVil may give me a hard time about this but the strength and conditioning aspect has such a huge impact on how teams perform. School systems not taking advantage of a full time strength coach are dinosaurs. Coach Grah does a great job with the strength and conditioning program at MJ.

You will never hear me say that having a quality S&C is not important. I will always agree with that!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

OR does in fact have a full - time S&C Coach, I just can’t remember who it is off the top of my head. I agree it’s extremely important though. In fact, besides being the Head man, it could be argued that it is the most important aspect, or at the very least one of the most important.

I can not see one listed on their football page or staff directory on the school's website.

5 minutes ago, CardinalGrey said:

The last several years Chad Hodge was the Strength and Conditioning Coach.  According to oakridgefootball.net, no one is named S&C coach this year.  I was told by several players over the past few years that weigh lifting was "optional/not watched too closely".

RWR!

wow

48 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

There’s our problem then, if what C & G says is true. No accountability in the weight room, and you get what you see with the results on the field.

whoomp there it is.   And it is absolutely true.  Weight room is optional in the offseason and nonexistent in season. 

OC Rodney Ellison has been relieved of his duties.  

2 hours ago, FilmCzar said:

How does a city school system not have a full-time strength and conditioning coach? Look at Kingsport City, Maryville City, Johnson City, Alcoa City... all four have full-time guys. Crazy. Unacceptable. 

Because unlike the other cities you just mentioned.  Athletics is no longer a priority in the city of Oak Ridge.  That's why every penny spent on Blankenship field is private dollars that are the result of fundraising.  The city does nothing.  

5 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Because unlike the other cities you just mentioned.  Athletics is no longer a priority in the city of Oak Ridge.  That's why every penny spent on Blankenship field is private dollars that are the result of fundraising.  The city does nothing.  

The outdoor mall is nice however…