Mr. Football Winners

Bump11

20 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Yeah, 5A was a complete screw job. No way Kalib Fortner shouldn’t have won. Plays better competition and had the better stats for his position. It’s all about who’s committed to where. Complete BS.

Wade from Summit should have won.  Carries his team to a state championship with very average talent around him.  

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

If our RBs, better yet Kalib’s brother Liam, would’ve ran against the same teams Kollie did they would have EASILY had that many all purpose yards. Heck Liam had over 1500 vs the teams we play. Wade deserved the award before Kollie did. Either way it was a screw job and the only reason he won it is because of where he’s committed. Change my mind :popcorneater:

Did not see this before my post so I apologize. 

22 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Did not see this before my post so I apologize. 

Your good man, I’m just speaking my mind. Kalib won MVP of the state championship game as a Sophomore. In the storied history of our school, he’s THE ONLY player who’s ever been named All-State three times. I feel like career stats should be taken into account also and I agree the playoff stats should count. I saw Kollie play live this past year, I’m not saying he’s not a good player. But IMO, he’s not Notre Dame good. If Central played DC’s schedule this past year, they would have went 10-0. God knows how many tackles and sacks Kalib would have had. It’s Ok tho, ALOT of schools are gonna wish they would’ve recruited Kalib and Liam when they get to West Point. Including that Orange and White team down the road...:rolleyes:

On 12/9/2020 at 11:19 PM, chsbobcat09 said:

If our RBs, better yet Kalib’s brother Liam, would’ve ran against the same teams Kollie did they would have EASILY had that many all purpose yards. Heck Liam had over 1500 vs the teams we play. Wade deserved the award before Kollie did. Either way it was a screw job and the only reason he won it is because of where he’s committed. Change my mind :popcorneater:

LOL! Nobody's gonna' change your mind.

3 hours ago, eers said:

Award should NOT take career into account as it is a single year award. 

Wade was hands down the best single player and difference maker I saw all year and would have been selected had no votes taken place until after the championship games were played. 

You obviously didn’t watch Kalib play much, if at all. I’m not saying Destin wasn’t good, trust me I know he and his brother are studs. I saw all three play this year, 2 of them in person and obviously Wade last year. Maybe I’m a little biased, but Kalib was the best of the 3 IMO. To tell ya the truth, how Kalib’s brother Liam didn’t make the list is baffling also. Over 1500 all purpose yards, 28 TDs and just as many tackles on defense as Kalib. He should’ve at LEAST made top 5.

3 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

LOL! Nobody's gonna' change your mind.

Lol Waco I’m not a very hard person to talk with and as long as someone can give me good reasons to back up their comments, my mind can be changed. There’s just a couple, mainly 1 guy on here who believes he knows everything and is never wrong and his team...well you know the story :thumb::roflol:.

• 2 weeks later...