Da Dale!

TomLHS

1 hour ago, TomLHS said:

I think coach will keep them competitive, and we will now have a true Battle of the Boro.

If you define competitive losing by 17-21 pts then yes. Riverdale has made significant strides in 4 years under Kriesky, but they are still at a coaching & talent disadvantage

28 minutes ago, TomLHS said:

I did read where one of our running backs was offered by Tennessee.  Has anyone heard this rumor?

Link? Congratulations to Javon Nelson for commiting to Memphis

Team simply has to get in the weight room and work.  This is especially true with both O and D lines!  Can't expect to blow folks out with so many having to play both ways and not having LOTS of subs.

This requires more than one line each going both ways.  In the "Glory Days' people want us to forget a R'dale team had at least 6 complete O-lines and at least 4 seperate D-lines.  ALL of these folks had to know all the plays cold or they simply did not get a chance to play.

The days of 'we can't handle that many players' should be over!

Now Coaches, you have the responsibility of making sure the players YOU Coach knows ALL the plays, just like it is the PLAYERS responsibility to know the plays you are given.  Now do something so you know your left from your right.  It IS important.  Need to turn that way on every play without thinking.  You gain time on your opponent with that simple thing.

Coach, the three years are up and I was impressed by this years team.  Now push the staff on for even more improvement!

• Upvote 1

On 12/13/2020 at 3:17 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

Team simply has to get in the weight room and work.  This is especially true with both O and D lines!  Can't expect to blow folks out with so many having to play both ways and not having LOTS of subs.

This requires more than one line each going both ways.  In the "Glory Days' people want us to forget a R'dale team had at least 6 complete O-lines and at least 4 seperate D-lines.  ALL of these folks had to know all the plays cold or they simply did not get a chance to play.

Now Coaches, you have the responsibility of making sure the players YOU Coach knows ALL the plays, just like it is the PLAYERS responsibility to know the plays you are given.  Now do something so you know your left from your right.  It IS important.  Need to turn that way on every play without thinking.  You gain time on your opponent with that simple thing.

Coach, the three years are up and I was impressed by this years team.  Now push the staff on for even more improvement!

Those were the days LOD!  No reason not to get this back again.

7 hours ago, TomLHS said:

Those were the days LOD!  No reason not to get this back again.

True dat!  Just got to make sure we don't have a team without 'man buns'.  This is FOOTBALL and the off season means having their tails in the weight room working HARD.

I have not been in the new weight room yet, but I hope they brought the old weight room record boards over to encourage the young men to surpass them.  They do that and I will teach them STAMINA!!!!!

It involves running a mile EVERY day with a back pack with weights in it.  When I finished with the 'clone' he was doing it with 75 pounds in the pack and a time of under 18 minutes.  After that a 48 minute game was nothing!

17 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

True dat!  Just got to make sure we don't have a team without 'man buns'.  This is FOOTBALL and the off season means having their tails in the weight room working HARD.

I have not been in the new weight room yet, but I hope they brought the old weight room record boards over to encourage the young men to surpass them.  They do that and I will teach them STAMINA!!!!!

It involves running a mile EVERY day with a back pack with weights in it.  When I finished with the 'clone' he was doing it with 75 pounds in the pack and a time of under 18 minutes.  After that a 48 minute game was nothing!

Why not just have them lift & then go into the wrestling room for practice?  You want them strong, in good physical condition and mentally tough the wrestling room is a must.

On 12/13/2020 at 3:17 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

You've been saying that they need to get in the weightroom for like 2 decades. I can assure you that they are lifting weights, just like every other team in the state.

7 hours ago, tubthumper said:

You've been saying that they need to get in the weightroom for like 2 decades. I can assure you that they are lifting weights, just like every other team in the state.

There is lifting and there is "LIFTING!".  From what I am seeing they are more moving light weights than lifting HARD AND HEAVY.  If they were really LIFTING they would be pancaking the opposition EVERY play.  'Other' teams doing 10 reps?  They you do 20!  If you are content to be the same as others, you are NOT a winner.

This they are NOT doing more because they are seemingly happy to be as strong as the opposition when what they need to be is STRONGER!

Also there is no stamenia.  This they get from running with weights or doing the snake drill untill they puke!

Am I a believer in old school tough love?  Yes I am. but you would be a winner if YOU have the guts to stick with it.

Players Thank God every day I am NOT your coach.  Because if I was you would either be as tough as old shoe leather or OFF the team.  I don't coddle boys, I teach MEN!

• Upvote 1

On 12/16/2020 at 4:49 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

There is lifting and there is "LIFTING!".  From what I am seeing they are more moving light weights than lifting HARD AND HEAVY.  If they were really LIFTING they would be pancaking the opposition EVERY play.  'Other' teams doing 10 reps?  They you do 20!  If you are content to be the same as others, you are NOT a winner.

This they are NOT doing more because they are seemingly happy to be as strong as the opposition when what they need to be is STRONGER!

Also there is no stamenia.  This they get from running with weights or doing the snake drill untill they puke!

Am I a believer in old school tough love?  Yes I am. but you would be a winner if YOU have the guts to stick with it.

Players Thank God every day I am NOT your coach.  Because if I was you would either be as tough as old shoe leather or OFF the team.  I don't coddle boys, I teach MEN!

LOD we know that Clone was raised to be a man.