DB covering up Covid until after Maryville game

JohnnyUtah

5 minutes ago, guthook said:

It's true.  The Superintendent said a "medical volunteer" said it to students.  That means it's an approved Football staff member.  I wonder if it's the doctor up that way that was a covid discussion on this board earlier.

Once it's all finalized, a self imposed post season ban needs to be implemented before TSSAA gets involved. When you have spring sports taken away in 2020 and the basketball state championship not finished due to Covid. You don't let DB play by a different set of rules. What other coaches knew about it? 

18 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Once it's all finalized, a self imposed post season ban needs to be implemented before TSSAA gets involved. When you have spring sports taken away in 2020 and the basketball state championship not finished due to Covid. You don't let DB play by a different set of rules. What other coaches knew about it? 

They can self-impose, but in some instances, the TSSAA has added to it

Paid staffer or volunteer.  Doesn't make any difference.  Volunteers medical staffers have to be "approved" by the school system, too.  It's the old "poop flows downhill" theory.  Somebody is going to be in deep doo doo and medical professionals could lose state licensing over something like that.  

16 minutes ago, OldRebel2 said:

I would suggest that other teams might have been operating like this too (whispering).  It's just that no one stood up in front of and officially told the teams.  I in no way excuse this.  I just think they are probably not the only ones.

That's been the talk among parents. We play X on Tuesday, we have a positive case notification on Monday but won't say anything until Wed. 

5 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

That's been the talk among parents. We play X on Tuesday, we have a positive case notification on Monday but won't say anything until Wed. 

See, that's not true.  The Health Department and schools were following up on this (they aren't now because they're too overwhelmed).  That's how the Mcminn problem became known.  

Once you're tested, you can't cover it up.  

This guy was essentially instructing kids not to get tested it sounds like.

Just now, guthook said:

See, that's not true.  The Health Department and schools were following up on this (they aren't now because they're too overwhelmed).  That's how the Mcminn problem became known.  

Once you're tested, you can't cover it up.  

This guy was essentially instructing kids not to get tested it sounds like.

So let me rephrase it... player has symptoms and does not get tested until Wed so their team can play Tuesday in a game that matters. In sports I'm not surprised by anything people/coaches will do. 

There are hundreds of schools and coaches.Thousands of kids playing football and a system that was absolutely terrible from the start for a pandemic.I'm not condemning or making any justification of any school or any coach,player or person . What I'm saying is before any of us throw that stone,we had all take a closer look at every school and situation all over the state.I don't personally know anything other then hearsay and that's not something you take 100% or use in court.I would only guess that there have been hundreds of players and coaches through out the state that have had Covid and most likely a large number that were not reported for one reason or another. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know this was just a ticking time bomb from the mountains all the way to the river .  I'm sure this is just the start and many parents,players and staff all over the place are holding their breath and wondering what's next at their own school. 

1 minute ago, BatmanDevil said:

There are hundreds of schools and coaches.Thousands of kids playing football and a system that was absolutely terrible from the start for a pandemic.I'm not condemning or making any justification of any school or any coach,player or person . What I'm saying is before any of us throw that stone,we had all take a closer look at every school and situation all over the state.I don't personally know anything other then hearsay and that's not something you take 100% or use in court.I would only guess that there have been hundreds of players and coaches through out the state that have had Covid and most likely a large number that were not reported for one reason or another. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know this was just a ticking time bomb from the mountains all the way to the river .  I'm sure this is just the start and many parents,players and staff all over the place are holding their breath and wondering what's next at their own school. 

Until other schools are exposed the way D-B has been, there's no need speculating and implying everyone is guilty. From what I read in the article this is slightly more than hearsay.

• Like 1