DB covering up Covid until after Maryville game

JohnnyUtah

8 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I always feared some bullcrap like this would happen and I'm sure there will be more to come with other schools also. My thoughts are who got their feelings hurt this season bad enough to pull something like this. A real butthurt KAREN is capable of anything and all schools have a few of them.

Im with you.Those people are the worst.99% of team and family could be fine with how team handled it but the one mad will cry and get all the attention.And then all the people who want to act like they are so upset over the story because they dont like DB or whatever team it might be

If everything in the article is true. A player with an active Covid infection practiced all week with his teammates. The player interacted with other players, coaches, and staff for extended periods of time. These teammates played in a game with an opponent. Three weeks later how many people associated with this have been hospitalized? Any deaths or other serious consequences? 

This scenario was probably repeated dozens of times this year in dozens of states. The same nuts saying in July and August that we couldn’t play high school football this season  (we could, we did) are now saying people should lose their jobs and players should be penalized. No actions that illustrate this virus isn’t as dangerous as we’re told can be tolerated.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Salem said:

If everything in the article is true. A player with an active Covid infection practiced all week with his teammates. The player interacted with other players, coaches, and staff for extended periods of time. These teammates played in a game with an opponent. Three weeks later how many people associated with this have been hospitalized? Any deaths or other serious consequences? 

This scenario was probably repeated dozens of times this year in dozens of states. The same nuts saying in July and August that we couldn’t play high school football this season  (we could, we did) are now saying people should lose their jobs and players should be penalized. No actions that illustrate this virus isn’t as dangerous as we’re told can be tolerated.

Again "If everything in the article is true" It's the media. I've seen no information that any player, coach, staff, or any classmate at DB got Covid from being in contact with the player in question. Being on the bus riding all the way to Maryville and back, and also in the dressing room.  Also nobody on Maryville's team got Covid from being in contact with the player in question. The player in question had the test done at CVS pharmacy one or two days after the Maryville game. "They said" he tested positive. So if all this is true, this virus is not contagious at all, or the player never had Covid to begin with. Also I haven't heard of another single player or coach or anybody on the staff confirm that what the player in question and his mother are saying is true. It's been the exact opposite. That's where it stands right now.

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Again "If everything in the article is true" It's the media. I've seen no information that any player, coach, staff, or any classmate at DB got Covid from being in contact with the player in question. Being on the bus riding all the way to Maryville and back, and also in the dressing room.  Also nobody on Maryville's team got Covid from being in contact with the player in question. The player in question had the test done at CVS pharmacy one or two days after the Maryville game. "They said" he tested positive. So if all this is true, this virus is not contagious at all, or the player never had Covid to begin with. Also I haven't heard of another single player or coach or anybody on the staff confirm that what the player in question and his mother are saying is true. It's been the exact opposite. That's where it stands right now.

Maryville had 9 players held out for the DB game and the same 9 for the Oakland game as well as their defensive coordinator and d-line coach - all for contact tracing. 

41 minutes ago, MLREB said:

Maryville had 9 players held out for the DB game and the same 9 for the Oakland game as well as their defensive coordinator and d-line coach - all for contact tracing. 

As I said, nobody on Maryville's team got Covid from being in contact with the player in question. That was confirmed by the Maryville AD.  He didn't even test positive (supposedly) for one or two days after the Maryville game. After the season was over.

8 hours ago, MLREB said:

Glad you mentioned this because there were a lot of internal personal issues with some key people from staff members to players happening that last week I'm not sure how they held it together at all. My hats off to all of them because it's impossible to be somewhere your heart wants to be but your mind isn't.

12 hours ago, Salem said:

Using this logic (which I agree with by the way) the McMinn vs. DB game should have been played as originally scheduled on that Friday night. 

1 hour ago, Martymcfly said:

Using this logic (which I agree with by the way) the McMinn vs. DB game should have been played as originally scheduled on that Friday night. 

Absolutely. Logic is what has been absent from the beginning in this fiasco. Every game cancelled and every contact traced kid was completely unnecessary. 

The media will bury this story. This blows up the entire Covid narrative. An active infection caused zero problems or issues with over a hundred contacts. This isn’t. The only case where a Covid infection was handled  in a non-guideline way and no harm was done. The rules were unnecessary and had no basis in science. 

If this story has any truth to it and DB hosed MC in the playoff game that’s Busch League all the way