DB covering up Covid until after Maryville game

JohnnyUtah

3 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

There are hundreds of schools and coaches.Thousands of kids playing football and a system that was absolutely terrible from the start for a pandemic.I'm not condemning or making any justification of any school or any coach,player or person . What I'm saying is before any of us throw that stone,we had all take a closer look at every school and situation all over the state.I don't personally know anything other then hearsay and that's not something you take 100% or use in court.I would only guess that there have been hundreds of players and coaches through out the state that have had Covid and most likely a large number that were not reported for one reason or another. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know this was just a ticking time bomb from the mountains all the way to the river .  I'm sure this is just the start and many parents,players and staff all over the place are holding their breath and wondering what's next at their own school. 

No question, hundreds of schools out there, but I think it's only one that:

A.  Let a team doctor get in front of the team and tell them not to report symptoms... (And no coaches present contradicted him once he said it.)

B. Had a game vacated while their teams were on the field because there was a reported case on the other team. 

C. These things happened on the same day according to published facts.

Nah, we can take a pretty close look at this and know where it's headed.  It ain't good.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Until other schools are exposed the way D-B has been, there's no need speculating and implying everyone is guilty. From what I read in the article this is slightly more than hearsay.

Where did I speculate or imply  "everyone" was guilty.I was only impling that unless your 100 % sure of anything, including your own school, it's better not to open your piehole.

Edited by BatmanDevil

Everybody jumping on the band wagon. This may or may not be true. May be half true. Might be completely made up. In the article Moorehouse says he "thinks" the "alleged" comments came from a volunteer medical professional.  Moorehouse said "I wasn't able to confirm everything that she shared"   The player got tested at CVS? No other player at DB or Maryville was infected. Read the mothers post on social media. That looks like a person that is completely freaked out by Covid 19. 

14 minutes ago, guthook said:

No question, hundreds of schools out there, but I think it's only one that:

A.  Let a team doctor get in front of the team and tell them not to report symptoms... (And no coaches present contradicted him once he said it.)

B. Had a game vacated while their teams were on the field because there was a reported case on the other team. 

C. These things happened on the same day according to published facts.

Nah, we can take a pretty close look at this and know where it's headed.  It ain't good.

A. Alleged

B. DB never had the game vacated. That was the health dept. and the TSSAA

C. You got A & B wrong so C is a moot point. Also there are no "published facts"

Edited by WaCoJaCo

3 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

A. Alleged

B. DB never had the game vacated. That was the health dept. and the TSSAA

C. You got A & B wrong so C is a moot point. Also there are no "published facts"

"Dr. Moorhouse said school officials looked into Dunford’s allegations and believes it may have been a volunteer medical professional not employed by the school system who made the alleged comments.

“In this scenario, the guidance was coming from a medical professional,” Dr. Moorhouse said. “Again, the expectations are while there’s a lot of different opinions about how you should operate in this scenario, we are only following the guidance from the Sullivan County Health Department.”"

Oh, it looks like it happened.  The superintendent is trying to distance the district from the doc by calling him a volunteer...

8 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Everybody jumping on the band wagon. This may or may not be true. May be half true. Might be completely made up. In the article Moorehouse says he "thinks" the "alleged" comments came from a volunteer medical professional.  Moorehouse said "I wasn't able to confirm everything that she shared"   The player got tested at CVS? No other player at DB or Maryville was infected. Read the mothers post on social media. That looks like a person that is completely freaked out by Covid 19. 

Don't be leaving out the rest of the Quotes Waco.  After Moorhouse stated "I wasn't able to confirm everything that she shared" the sentence ended with "I wasn’t comfortable with what I was able to find out.”

He also stated "“I felt like I had enough information to just know that this is not the message that we want our students, our coaches or our families to be receiving from the school system because it’s not in line with what we aspire with the Sullivan County Health Department.” 

Not saying that other programs haven't done the same thing but Moorhouse didn't sound happy or comfortable  with the information he could verify

13 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Where did I speculate or imply  "everyone" was guily. I was only impling that unless your 100 % sure of anything, including your own school, it's better not to open your piehole.

Nice try at diverting from what you posted. It was laced with "D-B 's accusation was hearsay, to guessing that hundreds of coaches and players might have had covid and not reported it from the mountains all the way to the river, being sure this is just the start and many parents,players and staff all over the place are holding their breath and wondering what's next at their own school." LOL

If my school allowed what the D-B coaches and administration allowed, I'd be calling for some heads to roll and expecting some serious sanctions from the TSSAA.

16 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Don't be leaving out the rest of the Quotes Waco.  After Moorhouse stated "I wasn't able to confirm everything that she shared" the sentence ended with "I wasn’t comfortable with what I was able to find out.”

He also stated "“I felt like I had enough information to just know that this is not the message that we want our students, our coaches or our families to be receiving from the school system because it’s not in line with what we aspire with the Sullivan County Health Department.” 

Not saying that other programs haven't done the same thing but Moorhouse didn't sound happy or comfortable  with the information he could verify

I caught that "oversight" myself. LOL

2 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Nice try at diverting from what you posted. It was laced with "D-B 's accusation was hearsay, to guessing that hundreds of coaches and players might have had covid and not reported it from the mountains all the way to the river, being sure this is just the start and many parents,players and staff all over the place are holding their breath and wondering what's next at their own school." LOL

If my school allowed what the D-B coaches and administration allowed, I'd be calling for some heads to roll and expecting some serious sanctions from the TSSAA.

Maybe your school will give you a chance before it's over.Hope it doesn't turn out  something like a coworker I once had .He acted like he was the only man in the world who had a perfect,loving and trustworthy wife who would never cheat on him .  Well, turned out that his version of trustworthy and hers were about two hundred men different.

11 minutes ago, Swipes said:

"I wasn't able to confirm everything that she shared" most likely means that part of what she shared was made up, not true, or she was just not informed about what she was talking about. And that put's into question the rest of her story and why she was telling it. "I wasn't comfortable with what I was able to find out" doesn't necessarily mean what he found out says DB did anything wrong. Of course if you are hoping DB did something wrong that's the way you're going to read it. Moorehouse hasn't given enough information for us to decide. The thing that sticks out to me is that obviously part of her story doesn't check out. And if you read the social media post she obviously has a agenda.

Parents of other players are coming out and saying that what was said is not 100% truthful. I've seen parents say that their kids have told them that nobody said to hide symptoms, that if you were sick stay home and only go to the hospital if you were having a medical emergency. 

I'm not saying that it is right, but it is very different story than telling kids to hide the fact that they are sick. 

It also sounds like her kid didn't spend too much time on the field if nobody was contact traced from the Maryville playoff game. Could also be a parent who wasn't happy with her sons playing time.

I wonder if told a story on facebook that was fake with no proof, but it sounded very enticing and it got a ton of shares and the news picked it up, would that suddenly make it all true? I need proof that there is some deep seeded malfesance to bite all the way in this ONE parents story. Why arent other parents also backing her up?

1 minute ago, BatmanDevil said:

Maybe your school will give you a chance before it's over.Hope it doesn't turn out  something like a coworker I once had .He acted like he was the only man in the world who had a perfect,loving and trustworthy wife who would never cheat on him .  Well, turned out that his version of trustworthy and hers were about two hundred men different.

Are you kidding?  The same doctor that was pushing hydroxychloroquine and VItamin C and talking about Herd Immunity in July, then got up in November as the team doc and told them not to report symptoms...  No.  This isn't like your coworker.  For this to be like your coworker, she'd have to have been sitting on multiple fellas laps while he said she'd never cheat.