DB covering up Covid until after Maryville game

JohnnyUtah

8 minutes ago, DBKPT93 said:

Parents of other players are coming out and saying that what was said is not 100% truthful. I've seen parents say that their kids have told them that nobody said to hide symptoms, that if you were sick stay home and only go to the hospital if you were having a medical emergency. 

I'm not saying that it is right, but it is very different story than telling kids to hide the fact that they are sick. 

It also sounds like her kid didn't spend too much time on the field if nobody was contact traced from the Maryville playoff game. Could also be a parent who wasn't happy with her sons playing time.

I wonder if told a story on facebook that was fake with no proof, but it sounded very enticing and it got a ton of shares and the news picked it up, would that suddenly make it all true? I need proof that there is some deep seeded malfesance to bite all the way in this ONE parents story. Why arent other parents also backing her up?

Just read the social media post by the mother. That tells you everything you need to know. Off the rails.

7 minutes ago, guthook said:

Are you kidding?  The same doctor that was pushing hydroxychloroquine and VItamin C and talking about Herd Immunity in July, then got up in November as the team doc and told them not to report symptoms...  No.  This isn't like your coworker.  For this to be like your coworker, she'd have to have been sitting on multiple fellas laps while he said she'd never cheat.

I'm saying let it play out and let's see all the facts before we  get a rope. Also, I'm saying to make sure your own house is in order before you jump up and down .I'm not a judge and jury and we need to slow down a little is all.

24 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

"I wasn't able to confirm everything that she shared" most likely means that part of what she shared was made up, not true, or she was just not informed about what she was talking about. And that put's into question the rest of her story and why she was telling it. "I wasn't comfortable with what I was able to find out" doesn't necessarily mean what he found out says DB did anything wrong. Of course if you are hoping DB did something wrong that's the way you're going to read it. Moorehouse hasn't given enough information for us to decide. The thing that sticks out to me is that obviously part of her story doesn't check out. And if you read the social media post she obviously has a agenda.

Your AD is a Greeneville Alum so no I'm not hoping DB did something wrong. Just stating you did leave out the rest of his sentence which didn't sound good that he wasn't comfortable with what he was able to find out.  I believe the story is somewhere in between.  He wouldn't have said "I felt like I had enough information to just know that this is not the message that we want our students, our coaches or our families to be receiving from the school system because it’s not in line with what we aspire with the Sullivan County Health Department.” 

11 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

I'm saying let it play out and let's see all the facts before we  get a rope. Also, I'm saying to make sure your own house is in order before you jump up and down .I'm not a judge and jury and we need to slow down a little is all.

Remember when all these freaks were blaming DB and the Sullivan Co. Health Dept. for the McMinn Co. Covid problem. Claimed DB was scared to play McMinn so they got the game canceled. We let things play out and found out the true story behind that. There's already parts of this story falling apart and I suspect the rest will fall or at least end up not being the big deal that some people are hoping it is. Nobody can read that social media post and not say something ain't right there. That's a train wreck. Hard to hide.

4 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Remember when all these freaks were blaming DB and the Sullivan Co. Health Dept. for the McMinn Co. Covid problem. Claimed DB was scared to play McMinn so they got the game canceled. We let things play out and found out the true story behind that. There's already parts of this story falling apart and I suspect the rest will fall or at least end up not being the big deal that some people are hoping it is. Nobody can read that social media post and not say something ain't right there. That's a train wreck. Hard to hide.

it is quite the post.

4 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Your AD is a Greeneville Alum so no I'm not hoping DB did something wrong. Just stating you did leave out the rest of his sentence which didn't sound good that he wasn't comfortable with what he was able to find out.  I believe the story is somewhere in between.  He wouldn't have said "I felt like I had enough information to just know that this is not the message that we want our students, our coaches or our families to be receiving from the school system because it’s not in line with what we aspire with the Sullivan County Health Department.” 

I'm not going to spend all day going back and forth about one sentence but you can read that and it could go one way or the other. We don't know what he was referring to. I'm not going to go out on a limb and say DB did or didn't do anything wrong. I haven't seen any evidence they did anything wrong and neither has anyone else on here. I know that social media post was a off the rails rant that I wouldn't put my money on. I know to date no other player or parent has backed up the story. I know no other DB player at DB or Maryville ever reported testing positive for Covid, before or after the game.