DB covering up Covid until after Maryville game

JohnnyUtah

52 minutes ago, Salem said:

Absolutely. Logic is what has been absent from the beginning in this fiasco. Every game cancelled and every contact traced kid was completely unnecessary. 

The media will bury this story. This blows up the entire Covid narrative. An active infection caused zero problems or issues with over a hundred contacts. This isn’t. The only case where a Covid infection was handled  in a non-guideline way and no harm was done. The rules were unnecessary and had no basis in science. 

If this story has any truth to it and DB hosed MC in the playoff game that’s Busch League all the way 

Why do all of you morons not understand that DB had nothing to do with the McMinn game. Have someone to blame? The Health Dept caused this. If McMinn was anywhere else, the exact same situation would have occurred. 
Quit harping on it, it’s over move on. We would have walked out victorious anyway. 

26 minutes ago, Haydiboy said:

Thats what I expected just win.  I guarantee  if mcminn had played Maryville in the second round they still would have played. Only your health department stopped the game. #justwin.  Easy to say you could win when you didnt even play the game.  A dr won a game for you. 

The Sullivan Co. Health Dept. is not DB's health dept. There is no connection. So you think the Blount Co. Health Dept. would of just overlooked the fact that McMinn Co. did not follow the Covid guide lines? And by the way, the TSSAA gave McMinn a second chance to follow the guide lines and they couldn't do it even given two chances. Do I think DB could of won the game if played? I don't know and neither do you. But If the team reflects some of their fans (like you) I sure would of liked our chances. I've never seen a bunch like some of you guys. Cry and whine and blame somebody else for your own screw up. A Dr. didn't win the game. You lost the game because of stupidity.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Haydiboy said:

Maryville had 9 defensive  players out losing by a touchdown gave you guys a pretty big head. 

I've heard the Maryville folks say they had 9 players out. I haven't heard that all 9 were defensive players or even starters. If all 9 were defensive starters then that's pretty much their whole defense. But let's say that's so. How does that help McMinn?

3 minutes ago, Haydiboy said:

I may have just read 9 players too. I thought it said defensive  but I dont know and I didnt say it helped mcminn. I said it helped  dobyns Bennett. And you cant deny a team missing players  can definely hurt their chances. I wish I could find that comment so I can reread if it said 9 defensive players

Well don't kill yourself over it.

5 minutes ago, Haydiboy said:

Honestly  wish they would just let mcminn and db play a bowl game in December  itd be cold but a fun watch

Yeah, would of been fun. If it wasn't for everybody cutting down on the distance thing a home and away could be done. Maybe we meet again in the playoffs in a few years. 

24 minutes ago, Haydiboy said:

I figured they would have worked something into the regular season granted db  would beat  them next year honestly.  Kind of excited  to see mcminn play my papaws  high school  last time they had a game was the start of his senior year 1964!

So which one was your grandfather on the 1964 McMinn County Team.

20201211_152356_2_(1)_001.jpg?width=590&

Edited by BarneySox2007

Back in the early to mid 1900's,men had to grow up fast and many went to work instead of school.A lot of my family were dairy farmers and there wasn't a need for a PhD to do that.Those guys would laugh at us playing on coacht when there was a real mans job to be done for 12 to 16 hours a day.BUT,like one of my educated kids told me the other day,work smarter not harder.

1 hour ago, Haydiboy said:

I may have just read 9 players too. I thought it said defensive  but I dont know and I didnt say it helped mcminn. I said it helped  dobyns Bennett. And you cant deny a team missing players  can definely hurt their chances. I wish I could find that comment so I can reread if it said 9 defensive players

Both sides of the ball and not all starters. They had 14 out when they played McMinn. Others in games throughout the season, but I think the most they held out was the McMinn game.